kk_mine

Free Calls

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I finally saw the infomercial for MJ today. But I think in order for my calls to be free to Nigeria he would need one (MJ) as well i guess?? i think the way i understood it i can have a MJ he can have one and free calls, am i right?? If so i know that it wont work as he would not be able to afford internet, computer etc..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I finally saw the infomercial for MJ today. But I think in order for my calls to be free to Nigeria he would need one (MJ) as well i guess?? i think the way i understood it i can have a MJ he can have one and free calls, am i right?? If so i know that it wont work as he would not be able to afford internet, computer etc..

Ok, here's how it goes with me. I purchased the magic jack here in Philippines. It was introduced here like a month ago. I don't pay the $19.95 a year. I just paid the one time $90. Thats it. No bills, no contract. It is for the USB device that I plug in to my computer then hook it to a phone (any landline phone, even cordless phones). Then you get a dial tone and then place a call like using an ordinary phone. When I purchased this device, the agent asked me where I call most of the time. So I said, I call my fiancee in the US. Then she asked me where in the US, so I said Florida. She asked me what area code, I said 813. So she assigned me a US number with 813 area code. So basically my number is 813-xxx-xxxx. When I called my fiancee in his cellphone, he was surprised because he thought I was in the US. I said no, Im here in Philippines and just using a magicjack. So he called me back thru the number that appeared in his call register and yep...that was my number. So he can call my magicjack anytime using his cellphone. Its free for him because his network which is called METROPCS has unlimited minutes and all his calls in the US are free. So its free for him to call me using his cellphone and free for me to call him using my magic jack.

Hope this helps.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im not really sure but I think the agent will ask where you are planning to call the most. Then she will give you magic jack with a number from Nigeria. Then you can call your fiancee's landline phone or cellphone. And he will call you like he is just calling a NIgerian phone number.

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

WOW! if that is possble that would be GREAT! I will call them then b/c if i can do that he will not need a computer nor the internet (as he can't afford that). I will check in to that and let you know what they say. Thanks! :)

Im not really sure but I think the agent will ask where you are planning to call the most. Then she will give you magic jack with a number from Nigeria. Then you can call your fiancee's landline phone or cellphone. And he will call you like he is just calling a NIgerian phone number.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Checked with my phone card company, been using Nobel for years, only about 3 cents a minute for Colombia or Venezuela, use to be on the phone for twelve hours a week with my bride to be. That was about twenty bucks a week. She and I were working, but her day was like 13-14 hours long with travel, plus had other things to do, like buy food and clean house. She was also high up on the ladder and had access to an international line and called me everyday during her lunch hour. We were in contact, morning, noon, and night, ha, our talks weren't very romantic, would only drive us nuts. But with everyday living, I was also redecorating my home to her liking send hundreds of photos and helping her with such major problems as her washing machine going out, just thousands of different subjects. Also had remote access to her computer, only had one where her kids were constantly getting worms and virus's, was able to correct those here as we were also using the webcam a lot. We grew very dependent on each other, another topic of conversation was the USCIS. Preferred the phone card, we both would be in our beds for a nice long talk, she loved my clamming voice in dealing with everyday problems. That was over five years ago, still can't believe she is here.

I see Nobel wants 9 cents a minute for the Philippines, that could add up. Wife does spent every Sunday with her family using googletalk, are others, has the webcam on, this is a free service. She is trying another service that costs 20 bucks a month where her family and friends can call here at any time, no limits, gosh I don't even know the name of it.

When we first met, was just using standard ATT long distance, at 75 cents a minute, that was adding up quick, weird, at first we couldn't understand each other, but was a magic about being together on the phone that neither of us can explain. You have to stay in contact, it was very expensive to call her cell phone, but did that too when they were having riots down there, was worried sick, just knowing she was okay was worth a million bucks to me.

Thanks for your reply but I will say I do call him All the time I am with a company phonecardsavenue.com but I am spending Way too much! I also go to an Oriential market here and three other locations I know of that have the cards I buy called African Dream but that as well costs Way too much! The African dream when I buy online $5 gives us 1hour 1 min. When I buy the same card/from same company in the stores the $5 card gives us 55min. But I don't just buy 1 at a time we have 2-4 hours convos like all the time and yes it does add up!!! Plus for the future and to prove that we are calling I also (briefly) call him with my cell phone which is $0.65 per min. I only do this so when it comes to phone records they will see I did call him here and there with my phone. I'm still keeping all the calling cards. I know that they don't count them as evidence but I will still include them in. I am putting them on a key ring and putting them in order by price and company. I also have receipts I am keeping from my cc when I get them from stores around town.

Plus he calls me when he can and I have phone logs that I am printing now as my cell records are only stored for about 45 days online. I also have unlimited text with my cell phone plan and there is no charge for him to receive my text and no charge for me to send to him. He texts me as well. So we are in Constant contact! So please by no means think that we are not I'm juss saying I need to find a better way of calling him. I'm also trying to get over to him as he can't afford to help me. So the cheapest thing for me and I'm going at this alone the better. Its not easy here in the states as juss received notice my rent etc. is going up soon, gas prices. I contact him, and all his siblings (7) all the time. I even email him even though he can't go to the cafe on a regular basis. He calls my mom when he can. Its juss $ speaking I am the one that has to call more. I have no problm with that but I can't go broke either. lol

I miss him so much that I am calling about everyday more then one time in a day as I can't stand the distance. The more I spend doing this & with other things I handle on my own here the longer it will take me to get to him. I have AOL so I'm thinking of hooking my computer back up and if like someone said on here if I can get a number from Naija (as I will still have my cell for any US calls) through Magic Jack it seems that will work out a lot better for me! But I juss don't know if I can get a Naija number so I am holding off from getting the Mj for now until I can confirm if I can do that or not.

Well to call his country it is not cheap I wish it was only 3 cents per min. I have noticed there are a lot of things dealing with his country that are not easy. But that is something I juss need to except. Plus with the calling cards if his network is bad and we get cut off then we lose our min which is very heartbreaking for us both!!! Then when I call the company to try to get the min back not the $ they will not agree to do that. But with my cell company if I'm charged but we don't talk they will credit the $ back so nothing lost. And all during the day whenever he thinks of me he will ring my phone and hang up and that does not charge him if i don't answer. So we have a lil code system going on. :luv:

He rings my phone all the time and he puts a big smile on my face esp as im MISSIN him so much and the days seem to run together.

I will keep everyone posted once I can research and look at what will be best for me and my budget to cont our calls. Thanks again for all the replies! :thumbs:

Checked with my phone card company, been using Nobel for years, only about 3 cents a minute for Colombia or Venezuela, use to be on the phone for twelve hours a week with my bride to be. That was about twenty bucks a week. She and I were working, but her day was like 13-14 hours long with travel, plus had other things to do, like buy food and clean house. She was also high up on the ladder and had access to an international line and called me everyday during her lunch hour. We were in contact, morning, noon, and night, ha, our talks weren't very romantic, would only drive us nuts. But with everyday living, I was also redecorating my home to her liking send hundreds of photos and helping her with such major problems as her washing machine going out, just thousands of different subjects. Also had remote access to her computer, only had one where her kids were constantly getting worms and virus's, was able to correct those here as we were also using the webcam a lot. We grew very dependent on each other, another topic of conversation was the USCIS. Preferred the phone card, we both would be in our beds for a nice long talk, she loved my clamming voice in dealing with everyday problems. That was over five years ago, still can't believe she is here.

I see Nobel wants 9 cents a minute for the Philippines, that could add up. Wife does spent every Sunday with her family using googletalk, are others, has the webcam on, this is a free service. She is trying another service that costs 20 bucks a month where her family and friends can call here at any time, no limits, gosh I don't even know the name of it.

When we first met, was just using standard ATT long distance, at 75 cents a minute, that was adding up quick, weird, at first we couldn't understand each other, but was a magic about being together on the phone that neither of us can explain. You have to stay in contact, it was very expensive to call her cell phone, but did that too when they were having riots down there, was worried sick, just knowing she was okay was worth a million bucks to me.

Edited by kk_mine