Visa mailed, FINALLY!!!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats!! Love to live in the country!! DC area sucks,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, flames! :)

Maybe you could make some plans to move to the country? I don't know the DC area but maybe there is a place nearby you could move to where it would be quieter.

Timeline

I complete my RN program in May. Were hoping my next summer to have moved out to Maryland, away from the DC region. We wont be that far away, from where we are now, but enough that it wil make a difference. Housing prices are better out that way! In this market,most likely wont be able to sell our condo, so just rent it out. Luckily were close to a metro, renters like that,lol

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I complete my RN program in May. Were hoping my next summer to have moved out to Maryland, away from the DC region. We wont be that far away, from where we are now, but enough that it wil make a difference. Housing prices are better out that way! In this market,most likely wont be able to sell our condo, so just rent it out. Luckily were close to a metro, renters like that,lol

That sounds like a good plan to me.:)

Wonderful news! I bet you were excited! (F)

I was and still am! *jumps up and down with a huge smile* :) :) :) It should be delivered today or tomorrow. XPressPost is usually two days but since I live right next to Montreal, who knows, it might get here today. *keeping fingers crossed* :)

(we need more icons or ways to create some, I can never find the icons I want *sigh*)

Filed: Timeline

I'd have to agree with you here. I love the pay, but housing and peace/tranquility, well that's another story. I often dream of playing hide and seek in corn fields or swining on a large front porch while taking in the fresh country air, like I did as a child. Oh, well, someone slap me. I'm still in the DC area. I'm awake now.

Edited by TRELAWNY PARISH

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

OMG!!! Out on a whim, I decided to check the Canada Post site again. Well, it says "Item out for delivery." It's on its way! My visa is on its way! I cannot believe and yet the words are there! Man, I am sooooo excited and happy, I can hardly type!!! :lol:

Timeline

DAMN!! Canada post just announced they are now going on STRIKE!! they have called ALL delivery trucks back to their assigned stations!! thats a bummer!! sorry

http://canadapost.ca/AboutUs/News/Announcements/PSAC.aspx

DAMN!! Canada post just announced they are now going on STRIKE!! they have called ALL delivery trucks back to their assigned stations!! thats a bummer!! sorry

:lol:

Have you talked with my dad? He just told me he thought of an April fool's joke but that unfortunately, it's October. He thought of telling me "Myriam! The Canada Post truck just parked in front of the house!" to make me run to the window and see an empty street! :lol:

Timeline

I try!! lol

Timeline

congrats

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:P heartless Flames!!!

Congrads on having the visa in your hands!! enjoy the feeling!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.