~~~water~~~

hotels in egypt - where to stay

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does anyone have any leads an a good. clean affordable hotel in Cairo?

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

What do you need, and let us know, do you want your own private bathroom, somewhere where they speak good english. You can try this place, not fancy but it works.

http://www.thecanadianhostel.com/

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

around 30-40 a night , priviate bath would be good ... thanks

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The Garden City Hotel has a private bath and shower. The rooms are average unless you request a bridal suite. The beds also come separate but you can push them together. They're clean, they have cable, and a balcony but there really isn't much of a view in Cairo unless you're in the Giza governrate near the pyramids.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

and you can rent an apartment i think its good idea and better than a hotel

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

When we were in Cairo we rented a furnished apartment and it was cheaper than a hotel. However we had some troubles with some of the land ladies not wanting to do it because he was Egyptian. They only wanted foreign people because they could charge a higher price, but we got into a place in what they consider the "foreigners district" where lots of Europeans live which is next to the Egyptian Stock Exchange. I really liked it there. We had a man that came and took our trash for a fee, and we had a man that guarded the door and did errands for us, (although he kind of scared me because he would hide from me all the time but not my Husband), the man slept in this little closet under the stairs. :unsure: , and we had a street sweeper who kept the area around where we lived clean of trash. Plus there was a small cafe nearby that my Husband and I would sit and have tea at everyday. I loved those times! Especially when my Husbands friends would come visit us and we'd all sit and have tea.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline
When we were in Cairo we rented a furnished apartment and it was cheaper than a hotel. However we had some troubles with some of the land ladies not wanting to do it because he was Egyptian. They only wanted foreign people because they could charge a higher price, but we got into a place in what they consider the "foreigners district" where lots of Europeans live which is next to the Egyptian Stock Exchange. I really liked it there. We had a man that came and took our trash for a fee, and we had a man that guarded the door and did errands for us, (although he kind of scared me because he would hide from me all the time but not my Husband), the man slept in this little closet under the stairs. :unsure: , and we had a street sweeper who kept the area around where we lived clean of trash. Plus there was a small cafe nearby that my Husband and I would sit and have tea at everyday. I loved those times! Especially when my Husbands friends would come visit us and we'd all sit and have tea.

yes you r right furnished apartments are cheaper to rent than hotels plus when u rent a room in the hotel u only have one room but the apartment is all yours and i used to rent an apartment instead of wasting my money on hotels thats why i recommended that solution

• 2 months later...
Timeline

This is so weird. I just booked my flight to Egypt yesterday and today I get a pop up ad for now reason for Hotels in Cairo! :unsure: A sign? I was thinking to rent a hotel room for the first two nights. :devil:

This is what popped up unexpectedly!

http://www.expedia.com/Hotels?action=hotel...tualtouristexit

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.