SimoAndYvette

Need clarification on something, regarding...PORK!

100 posts in this topic

so ancient peoples were smart enough to figure out that trichinosis was coming from pork, but too stupid to know that strep, tuberculosis, and brucellosis can all be found in cow's milk and so cow's milk wasn't banned? that raising cattle probably introduced measles and smallpox to human populations, but raising cattle was never banned? cattle get tapeworms too.

i don't buy that theory.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Adam & I went to the Farmers Market today and bought Lamb Stew Meat. Im thinking to make Lamb Kababs... Any ideas on what seasonings to put on the Lamb Meat? I have never cooked Lamb before, and I've eaten it so long ago that I dont remember how to cook it. I am thinking Lamb Kababs bcz I can put onions, mushrooms and bell pepper on the stick which sounds really delicious. Ideas Ideas??? -Tam
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Timeline

Ideas?

Don't murder and eat baby animals.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My Sister!!! Hello! Good to see you here.....lol

Soooooooo...yes and no would be my answer. Several people actually did give me the details behind why it is not permitted. For those of you who did....THANK YOU!!!!!

Yes the verdict is still out.....but to be honest, after the wikipedia definition, the collegiate essays, and of course the lovely youtube video...sorta leaning to NOT eating it!

As I am sure you read...MANY went totally off topic (became an argument at times) and some even thought my husband was trying to push his beliefs on me.....NOT even close to the truth. No matter what type of marriage you are in....there will be an adjustment period, where two lives mesh and become one. It is all about compromise, and I have an incredibly patient and compromising husband. However, I understand if I am going to post something here....it is up for scrutiny...No Worries..No Problem!

Thanks for talking to me yesterday!

Hey Nawal, Amal, Martiniolive, brnidokiegurl, Jackie, Sereia, Staashi.....HOPE YOUR WEEKEND IS GOING WELL TOO!!!

:pop: lovin this thread... and who said "beef testicles?" lol really now.. (as the smell of lamb and rice waft from the kitchen) time to go eat... :)

so ummmmm did Yvette get her question answered????

Timeline
Ideas?

Don't murder and eat baby animals.

Well thankfully I didnt have to do the killing of the Lamb and I dont think its a baby lamb either that we will be eating, so your advice didnt do me any good on how to cook the meat! :no:

Filed: Timeline

A lamb is, by definition, a baby sheep. If it's not a baby, it's a sheep.

lamb (lm)

n.

a. A young sheep, especially one that is not yet weaned.

b. The flesh of a young sheep used as meat.

And I wasn't trying to help you with cooking the corpse of a murdered baby sheep.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

Hey Tamara....I am sending you a PM....great recipe for lamb kabobs...from my sister!

Thanks dear! I plan on making it tomorrow! Oh I forgot the other question, since I dont have a grill, will it still work if we cook the kabobs in the oven and for how long?

If you believe in the Holy Bible you may wish to cut pork out of your diet as well and have done with it.

Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 8 says:

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Sorry...the topic is probably making you feel like that smiley!!

Okay....so it is about 55 minutes until Friday....and thought I would begin a topic of conversation about ... PORK!

Yes, that is correct:

This little piggy went to market.....

There once were 3 little pigs.....

So tonight my husband asked something of me. Keep in mind, he has only asked 2 other things...both being very important to him: 1) I not drink alcoholic beverages (so now I just smell them..LOL) and 2) I do not swim in a public pool where men would be at.

Now #3...please do not eat pork anymore, or at the VERY least do not cook it in the house. I asked for an explanation and this is what I got:

1. It is in the Qoran

2. It is against his culture

3. Pigs eat bad things

4. When he thinks of me and the kids eating it, it makes him feel "far" from us

Okay, so I somewhat understand it, but my brain works like this....I NEED DETAIL; I do not do well with vague.

In the last year, I have already cut our pork consumption down by 80%... I have been substituting turkey for SOOO many things (turkey bacon, turkey ham, etc....). OH did I mention I am half Spanish?? I was basically raised teething on a Pork Chop bone! Seriously! We use pork as our main meat. By 7 I was making tortillas, Green Chili and Beans! I can quite honestly have no problem with not cooking it anymore...but giving up Green Chili ( I tried using beef...not even close!)?? I just do not know guys!

This is silly right?? That I am even asking this??

So...my question is this: Why is Pork such taboo in Islam and as a person from Arabic descent? Again, NEED details ... in order to get it around my brain. :wacko:

Thank You!!

8/07 Met on myspace.

5/7/08 Married in Indonesia.

6/4/08 Sent I-130

6/11/08 I-130 received by Vermont service Center.

6/11/10 Received NOA from Vermont.

12/17/08 Touched and placed on hold. (Request For Evidence)

1/12/09 mailed requested evidence 2 Vermont

1/28/09 I-130 APPROVED!

2/9/09 AOS bill received and payed on line the same day.

Never received I-864 package (they don't mail them out anymore I had to take it all from NVC website)

2/20/09 completed and mailed DS-3032

((Some time lapsed because of wrong addresses and documents lost in the mail)) ARRRHG! :-(

3/13/09 Return completed I-864.

3/21/09 Received IV Bill.

3/22/09 Paid IV Bill $400.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

USCIS is unnecessary and a complete freaking waste of everybody's time. What did they do other than waste 7 months of our time and take money?-- because I now have to resubmit the exact same damn information(plus some) to NVC. Apparently there is no connection between USCIS and NVC so USCIS cant simply send our documents to NVC. I was happy to get approved by USCIS but now the process starts all over again only with more complications. Maybe someday I can meet these people in person and thank them face to face for f**ing up almost everything so far. Addresses incorrectly copied, email address repeatedly typed in wrong, names misspelled, ECT, ECT, ECT.

Hows about mandatory drug testing for all who are employed at NVC? All in favor?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:pop: lovin this thread... and who said "beef testicles?" lol really now.. (as the smell of lamb and rice waft from the kitchen) time to go eat... :)

I did..No lie. I saw it on the Food Network. They eat em in Spain :P

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Hey Tamara....I am sending you a PM....great recipe for lamb kabobs...from my sister!

platypisus..... :ot2: Thanks!

are you a vegetarian?

so his posts were off topic, but recipe requests for lamb are on topic? :unsure:

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did..No lie. I saw it on the Food Network. They eat em in Spain :P

AND Morocco. Well at least sheep testicles, not positive about beef. Tried 'em there myself! :innocent:

chemaatah. LOL!!!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.