Tom

I-693A, Vaccination Supplement

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiancee is here on a K1 Visa and I'm getting ready to file her AOS. I just returned from the civil surgeon's office with the I-693A, and here is what the doctor wrote:

DT/DTP - Not age appropriate

Td - Not applicable

Polio - Not age appropriate

Measles (or MR or MMR) - Not applicable

Mumps (or MMR) - Not applicable

Rubella (or MR or MMR) - Not applicable

Hib - Not age appropriate

Hepatitis B - Not applicable

Varicella - Not applicable

Pneumococcal - Not age appropriate

Influenza - Not fall/winter (flu) season

Bottom line was that the civil surgeon said that the "Not applicable" vaccinations weren't required, but then he checked the box at the bottom of the I-693A that says "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements."

Does anyone know which of these vaccinations are required by the USCIS or not?

This is really confusing. My fiancee received her medical and vaccinations in her country as a condition to receive the K1 visa. Then, immigration took her package and all her documents at the POE, so we have no papers that prove her vaccinations or medical exam. What a messed up system!

Thanks,

-Tom

15 Jul 2005 I-129F Received by the CSC

26 Jul 2005 NOA1

19 Oct 2005 NOA2

24 Oct 2005 Received NOA2 by snail mail

31 Oct 2005 Received letter from NVC with case number

02 Nov 2005 Received email from consulate asking for I-134

04 Nov 2005 Medical exam $150, Vaccinations $90

02 Dec 2005 K-1 Visa Granted

25 Mar 2006 POE JFK Work stamp issued

02 Jun 2006 MARRIED

:DISCLAIMER: I am neither a lawyer nor received any training whatsoever in legal issues. The views I express are through my own personal experiences. Always consult an attorney or legal professional for legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tom,

You should have kept a copy of the original DS-3025 (i think) vaccination supplement.

Edited by thai2luv

K1 Timeline:

12-22-05 I-129F mailed to CSC

12-27-05 USCIS receives I-129f

01-03-06 NOA1 by mail

03-14-06 NOA2 Case Approved

03-21-06 NVC sent case to BKK

03-27-06 BKK Embassy email "no record of my case"

03-27-06 NVC approval letter rcvd

03-30-06 BKK Embassy confirms case by email

03-31-06 Fiancee Medical passed

04-07-06 Packet 3 rcvd

04-20-06 Packet 4 rcvd

05-26-06 Interview 730am VISA APPROVED!!!

05-30-06 Pick up Visa 3pm

06-16-06 Arrived in USA POE LAX

07-05-06 Applied for SS Card

08-18-06 Married

AOS Timeline:

10-13-06 Mailed AOS packet

10-16-06 AOS rcvd CHI lockbox

10-25-06 AOS Touched

11-04-06 Biometrics Appt

01-09-07 AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

01-10-07 email Welcome letter sent

01-09-07 email AP approved

01-12-07 email EAD approved

01-16-07 Welcome letter rcvd in the mail

01-18-07 EAD card rcvd in the mail

01-23-07 AP approval rcvd in mail

02-05-07 GreenCard in mail

03-07-07 Vacation in Thailand

03-15-07 Traditional Thai wedding

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

My fiancee is here on a K1 Visa and I'm getting ready to file her AOS. I just returned from the civil surgeon's office with the I-693A, and here is what the doctor wrote:

Td - Not applicable

Bottom line was that the civil surgeon said that the "Not applicable" vaccinations weren't required, but then he checked the box at the bottom of the I-693A that says "Applicant does not meet immunization requirements."

This is really confusing. My fiancee received her medical and vaccinations in her country as a condition to receive the K1 visa. Then, immigration took her package and all her documents at the POE, so we have no papers that prove her vaccinations or medical exam. What a messed up system!

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom

vaccinations are still required. According to USCIS

" K and V nonimmigrant (temporary) visa applicants. Individuals applying for a K nonimmigrant visa as the fiancee or the spouse of a U.S. citizen or for a V nonimmigrant visa as the spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident (LPR) (including those applying for V status in the United States) must undergo a medical exam, but are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time. They will be required to comply with the vaccination requirements when they eventually apply for adjustment of status. "

You may want to check the following link Medical/Vaccination

Is there a way for her to get a copy of the vaccinations she has received, not necessarily the one filled out by the surgeon back home? She needs to show that she has had the vaccines (even if her old doctor faxes over a sheet of her vaccination history so she can show it to the CS).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Paraguay
Timeline

Does anyone know if the I-693A has to be placed in a sealed envelope by the civil surgeon?

On the form, there is a space for the doctor's signature, but it doesn't ask for the doctor's address, license number, or anything else. My civil surgeon just checked the boxes and handed me the form (unsealed).

Thanks,

-Tom

Hi all,

Td - Not applicable

Thanks,

-Tom

Tom

vaccinations are still required. According to USCIS

" K and V nonimmigrant (temporary) visa applicants. Individuals applying for a K nonimmigrant visa as the fiancee or the spouse of a U.S. citizen or for a V nonimmigrant visa as the spouse or child of a lawful permanent resident (LPR) (including those applying for V status in the United States) must undergo a medical exam, but are not required to comply with the vaccination requirements at that time. They will be required to comply with the vaccination requirements when they eventually apply for adjustment of status. "

You may want to check the following link Medical/Vaccination

Is there a way for her to get a copy of the vaccinations she has received, not necessarily the one filled out by the surgeon back home? She needs to show that she has had the vaccines (even if her old doctor faxes over a sheet of her vaccination history so she can show it to the CS).

15 Jul 2005 I-129F Received by the CSC

26 Jul 2005 NOA1

19 Oct 2005 NOA2

24 Oct 2005 Received NOA2 by snail mail

31 Oct 2005 Received letter from NVC with case number

02 Nov 2005 Received email from consulate asking for I-134

04 Nov 2005 Medical exam $150, Vaccinations $90

02 Dec 2005 K-1 Visa Granted

25 Mar 2006 POE JFK Work stamp issued

02 Jun 2006 MARRIED

:DISCLAIMER: I am neither a lawyer nor received any training whatsoever in legal issues. The views I express are through my own personal experiences. Always consult an attorney or legal professional for legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.