wodger555

Different wait times noa1 to noa2 (vsc)

9 posts in this topic

To me application should be dealt with in accordance with the filed NOA1 date and that is I guess how it is supposed to happen. Granted that any case with a problem will take longer but the individuals should be notified accordingly and there are some but not many reasons for faster filing times.

So my question is why is there such large differences in NOA2 dates some lucky people have them back for September noa1 dates with no fast filing WHY any ideas?

Filed: Timeline
To me application should be dealt with in accordance with the filed NOA1 date and that is I guess how it is supposed to happen. Granted that any case with a problem will take longer but the individuals should be notified accordingly and there are some but not many reasons for faster filing times.

So my question is why is there such large differences in NOA2 dates some lucky people have them back for September noa1 dates with no fast filing WHY any ideas?

I'm trying to make sense out of what you typed because you didn't use any punctuation in the last paragraph :) but I am thinking that you are asking why Person X gets their NOA 2 before Person B, (assuming they both have no issues or RFE's with their petitions, AND they both filed at the same service center) even though Person B filed BEFORE Person X?

If so, Person X is just luckier.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Depends on a lot of things: how fast the adjuducator who has your case is working, how much time they spend scrutinizing different petitions, how much time they spend scrutinizing your petition, etc.

Quite franky, there is no use speculating...nothing at USCIS makes sense.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

I agree that cases may differ slightly due to securitization etc but fail to see how this can equate to several months without reason. My observation is not from my case but more so from looking at the vast differences in processing times listed by individuals on this website.

Going by the visa journey web site I am expecting or should I say hoping for my noa2 in early December. I guess that I, like many others find the process far from the most romantic start to ones married life!

I fully agree that visas should not just be given away but seriously six months or more for a K1!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Another thing, name checks have to be done, so someones name may bring up a red flag. Sometimes you just have to accept it and wait it out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that whith anything that has to do with bureaucracy depends on the individuals that touch your case. Some people like their job and understand that people need to be together, others just don't care. I was reading about an old thread the other day from a VJ member who used to work for USCIS and he confirmed my thinking...

Some officers will don't everything in their power to process as many files as they can, and other will to their best to do as few as they can....as another member said....It's a question of luck!

I wonder if calling once a week until you get an answer will help or hurt. I know that here in Canada, it helps to be on their tails, but I don't know about the US side.

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I think that whith anything that has to do with bureaucracy depends on the individuals that touch your case. Some people like their job and understand that people need to be together, others just don't care. I was reading about an old thread the other day from a VJ member who used to work for USCIS and he confirmed my thinking...

Some officers will don't everything in their power to process as many files as they can, and other will to their best to do as few as they can....as another member said....It's a question of luck!

I wonder if calling once a week until you get an answer will help or hurt. I know that here in Canada, it helps to be on their tails, but I don't know about the US side.

here u can only get ahold of customer service so i dont think it helps to call and i dont think it hurts either just they dont seem to know anything past what is on their site and its hard to get them to pass u thru to someone that does know

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The disparity of petitions and adjutication times is an old topic and it's been addressed MANY, MANY times.

If you think it's unfair now, have a look at January 08 when CSC was taking 6 months on average and VSC was approving in less than 3 weeks. Or last year when, because of the fee increase and influx of petitions, many people were taking 8-12 months for an approval.

Here are some reasons that may or may not make you understand any better....

This is the first full year that only two service centers are handling K1 petitions. fyi..VSC has historically always been the fastest processing center.

Here is a post by a former adjuticator that explains the process very well and why there is such disparity at times.

It has also been noted that at times a newly accepted petition will be pulled from processing early on to train a new adjuticator. That could explain why there are (very few) folks who are processed in just a matter of weeks.

Here is a list of current security checks taken at every stage of this process. Any one of these can hold you up...even if you have no criminal past or discrepencies in your petition.

The first thing you should know and understand about this process that it is, if anything, unfair. The sooner you come to terms with that the better off you'll be. I don't say that to sound heartless, I say it because i've been through it.... and then some. ;)

Do as we did and put your frustrations to work by voicing your opinions to your representatives. ;)

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.