Ju&Ja

Question about the US ambassy in Paris France

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey,

I would like to begin to prepare my documents. I have a question, or maybe 2 ;)

- Do I have to get official translation for my papers ? Or french documents are ok ?

- Do you know where I can find a list of what documents I need for the interview in France ? I'm divorced and I need a document about that, is the certificate of birth with the mention "divorced" (with names and dates) is enough ?

Merci !

Juliette

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Info you are looking for is here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...e&cty=Paris

NOTE K-Visas DO NOT use I-864 from US citizen Petitioner, they use I-134.

From DOS which oversees the embassy:

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

Other Immigrant Categories - When an I-134 May be Needed

Do applicants who are applying for an immigrant visa in a visa category that does not require the I-864 Affidavit of Support, such as the diversity immigrant visa, need to meet the public charge provisions of Section 213A of the INA?

Consular officers will review immigrant visa applicants whose visa categories do not require the I-864 under the public charge guidelines in Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The applicants must show that they will not become a public charge. A consular officer may ask for an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 and supporting documents. The sponsor will need to show income at 100 percent of the federal poverty guidelines for household size, not the 125 percent required under Section 213A of the INA.

Should K-1 fiancé(e) visa applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

Since fiancé(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

Note: virtually all consulates want English translations, You will also need the translations later in the USA when adjusting status.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

hey Juliette,

For the Embassy you don't need translated paper, but you'll need them for the AOS, so if you have a cheap way to do it before you come in the US... do it.

You'll need your divorce decree, as you had to send it with the petition too, if not be prepared to get and RFE (btw the one you had to sent to the CSC need to be translated).

beside that you' ll receive the exact list from the embassy with packet3.

But basically, it will be :

the forms they wants you to fill

"Extrait de casier judiciaire" from every country you stayed more than 6 months since you was 16.

(I had to get 2, the french one, and the belgian one)

And some passport photos, medical exams... be sure to get you're immunizations in order cause the medical exam with the embassy doctor will be not refund.

i'll give you more infos in a few days if you need it, cause right now everything is pack in my luggages.

Hugs and kisses to you

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
hey Juliette,

For the Embassy you don't need translated paper, but you'll need them for the AOS, so if you have a cheap way to do it before you come in the US... do it.

You'll need your divorce decree, as you had to send it with the petition too, if not be prepared to get and RFE (btw the one you had to sent to the CSC need to be translated).

beside that you' ll receive the exact list from the embassy with packet3.

But basically, it will be :

the forms they wants you to fill

"Extrait de casier judiciaire" from every country you stayed more than 6 months since you was 16.

(I had to get 2, the french one, and the belgian one)

And some passport photos, medical exams... be sure to get you're immunizations in order cause the medical exam with the embassy doctor will be not refund.

i'll give you more infos in a few days if you need it, cause right now everything is pack in my luggages.

Hugs and kisses to you

Thanks Chantal,

With the petition we sent official translated documents. How do you call in french divorce decree ? Cuz with the petition (they asked to send a proof of divorce) we sent my birth certificate translated with the official mention "Married in Lille in xx/xx/2006 with Mr.XX" Divorced in Lille front of the family judge on xx/xx/2007 from Mr XX".

I thought it was good cuz it is an official paper, I'm scarred now :(

Timeline

oh and if you think that I will get a RFE can you tell me which paper I need and where I can get it ? Mairie or Prefecture or ...

Thanks and hugssss

Timeline

Ok maybe for the petition they will be fine about that. What I mean by divorce decree is : "l'extrait de jugement de divorce".

So yes maybe the CSC will be OK about that.

But the embassy will ask for the "jugement"

You have to ask your lawyer to get a copy or maybe the court. Start to ask for it now cause.... french administration sometimes ... are not faster than CSC.

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline
Ok maybe for the petition they will be fine about that. What I mean by divorce decree is : "l'extrait de jugement de divorce".

You have to ask your lawyer to get a copy or maybe the court. Start to ask for it now cause.... french administration sometimes ... are not faster than CSC.

I checked in my divorce folder yesterday and I have this divorce decree. I will get it ready and translated in case we get a RFE, but I hope not. Thanks Chantal :)

Timeline

I checked in my divorce folder yesterday and I have this divorce decree. I will get it ready and translated in case we get a RFE, but I hope not. Thanks Chantal :)

You're really welcome, i know how it is as for me its K1 + K2 so a lot of documents etc etc. I'll cut my Internet connection in few hours. But as soon I'll arrive in Chicago I'll give you the complete list asked by the embassy.

Richard & Chantal

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey, are you off today, Chantal? Well, have a great trip, and don't be a stranger, OK? Remember, I'm only an hour's flight away in St Louis (or I will be once I get over there) so expect a visit or 2!!!!!!

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

Hey MY Friend!!!!

One hour ago !!!

I really hope we will share some good drinks all together... and don't ell me that you don't appreciate good drinks i don't believe you! ;)

So at the hotel beside the airport right now, was a strange day to day, movers came to take all, have to clean my appartment and give the keys back to the landlord. Have to let my big one also... not so easy...

so ... in some hours now i will be in the plane with my little one to fly to Chicago :D

Hugs and kisses from the "stranger" ;)

Richard & Chantal

.png

Timeline

You're really welcome, i know how it is as for me its K1 + K2 so a lot of documents etc etc. I'll cut my Internet connection in few hours. But as soon I'll arrive in Chicago I'll give you the complete list asked by the embassy.

Merci Chantal, it's really cool !

BTW my man called the USCIS 2 days ago and the girl said that an official paper with the birth and the divorce on it will be enough. I hope that the guy who will read my folder will think the same :)

Timeline

So :)

There is the list that's asked by the embassy for the interview :

When you'll receive packet3 you will have in the envelope a little form to fill for your intent to marry + all the doctors information. There is 3 doctors in Paris and they need you to have your appointment letter to do the exam. So if you don't have the packet3, do not schedule your medical appointment.

Take care to get your immunizations in order before the medical, as the Embassy medical exam is not refund by the "Sécurité sociale".

• Passport
  • Mandat post that you paid the visa fees
  • Intent to marry form
  • Birth certificate
  • Divorce judgment
  • Police certificate (About 3 days to get the French one online)
  • Affidavit of support (with pay stubs, W2, Employer letter) (mine was dated from late July, interview was at October 15 and it was OK.
  • DS230 part 1
  • DS156 x2
  • DS156K
  • 2 photos (US format)
  • Medical exam

In my case they don't asked to see proof of relationship. But, Richard was with me at the interview. So just in case off don't forget to bring some proofs.

I hope it helps you a bit.

Richard & Chantal

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.