Mike1976

Quition about upgrade I130

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
No this not true, your petition continues from time you upgraded! when you petition in Nov 2006 they did a couple months work on it, then after that they kind of put it on hold until the day you become a US Citizen. You can just call them to upgrade it. Then from there depending on USCIS backlog :angry: secruity check etc... It depends how long it can take.... But it should only take 3 to 4 months additional to prcoess an updated petition...I was told this when I went through the process as well from various government agencies including USCIS... So if you upgraded it in June be patient it's probably coming soon unless you are in secruity checks which can take longer. This was happen to us...

Good Luck :thumbs:

Nita

Hi all in VJ.

I just have a quition about the upgrade for I130.

I filed the petition back in novmber,2006 when i was LPR and i upgraded it on june 2008 after i became a US citizen.

Now i don't know what date the USCIS consider it for the petition. i spoke to couple of immigration oficers on the phone some told me the origenal date and other told me when you upgrade it you start all over again becouse you changed your status .

what do you guys think?

Yes K-3 visa maybe another delay.. For us it was and they ended up cancelling ours :(

You still have no approval?

Did you apply for K3 visa afterward? If you didn't then just make sure you won't do it because that causes some confusion....

Your original date doesn't change and priority stays same, you should be able to call them by now and let them know that your case is outside of normal processing time.

thanks for the reply. Yes i did applied for K3 visa too on augest , what is the confusion that may cause? i called the many time and made a service request and they sent me a letter to say my case still pending that's all .

tell me what's your experiance in this setuation?

Thanks.

Yes i called them and they did upgraded already and sent me a letter.

Hahaha did they canceld the I-129? that's funny. well i wish they cancel mine too but only if they are going to work in my I-130.

and I guess like you said they did some work on it becouse i saw a touch on jan,2008 couple monthes before i get the citizenship. oh well we will never understand the way they work in the offices .

My lawyer told me something funny too. he said with USCIS you need to be lucky sometimes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Which number are you calling USCIS? You can try the RFE Trick and try the RFE line and get better answers if you nice about your file :whistle: This is how I found out what stage they were are in my case... whent hey told me my I-129F was cancelled I was devasted, but then the officer told me no it's because you are at the last stages of your petition to be approved, you are in Secruity checks... But these damn Secruity checks took 3 months...LOL

So maybe you can try that....

GL :thumbs:

Nita

No this not true, your petition continues from time you upgraded! when you petition in Nov 2006 they did a couple months work on it, then after that they kind of put it on hold until the day you become a US Citizen. You can just call them to upgrade it. Then from there depending on USCIS backlog :angry: secruity check etc... It depends how long it can take.... But it should only take 3 to 4 months additional to prcoess an updated petition...I was told this when I went through the process as well from various government agencies including USCIS... So if you upgraded it in June be patient it's probably coming soon unless you are in secruity checks which can take longer. This was happen to us...

Nita

Hi all in VJ.

I filed the petition back in novmber,2006 when i was LPR and i upgraded it on june 2008 after i became a US citizen.

Now i don't know what date the USCIS consider it for the petition. i spoke to couple of immigration oficers on the phone some told me the origenal date and other told me when you upgrade it you start all over again becouse you changed your status .

what do you guys think?

Yes K-3 visa maybe another delay.. For us it was and they ended up cancelling ours :(

Did you apply for K3 visa afterward? If you didn't then just make sure you won't do it because that causes some confusion....

Your original date doesn't change and priority stays same, you should be able to call them by now and let them know that your case is outside of normal processing time.

thanks for the reply. Yes i did applied for K3 visa too on augest , what is the confusion that may cause? i called the many time and made a service request and they sent me a letter to say my case still pending that's all .

Thanks.

Hahaha did they canceld the I-129? that's funny. well i wish they cancel mine too but only if they are going to work in my I-130.

and I guess like you said they did some work on it becouse i saw a touch on jan,2008 couple monthes before i get the citizenship. oh well we will never understand the way they work in the offices .

My lawyer told me something funny too. he said with USCIS you need to be lucky sometimes.

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Timeline
Which number are you calling USCIS? You can try the RFE Trick and try the RFE line and get better answers if you nice about your file :whistle: This is how I found out what stage they were are in my case... whent hey told me my I-129F was cancelled I was devasted, but then the officer told me no it's because you are at the last stages of your petition to be approved, you are in Secruity checks... But these damn Secruity checks took 3 months...LOL

Nita

Nita

Hi all in VJ.

what do you guys think?

Thanks.

What's the ref line? explain more. I usually cal the 1800 number for USCIS

Timeline

yes this is the number but you follow the voice regarding RFE... Like if it says if you received RFE push this number.. etc.. then a live person at the service center you are at will answer.. You can just say that you dont have RFE but want to ask about your case... :whistle: tell them it past processing time because you filled in 11/2006..See what happens

Try it :thumbs: good luck

Nita

Nita

Hi all in VJ.

what do you guys think?

Thanks.

What's the ref line? explain more. I usually cal the 1800 number for USCIS

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline

yes this is the number but you follow the voice regarding RFE... Like if it says if you received RFE push this number.. etc.. then a live person at the service center you are at will answer.. You can just say that you dont have RFE but want to ask about your case... :whistle: tell them it past processing time because you filled in 11/2006..See what happens

Try it :thumbs: good luck

Do you think there is something i didn't try? hahaha i tryed everything . ofcourse i did that too

I don't think that RFE line for CSC still exist. When I got my approval for I-130 was the day before USCIS change the whole phone menu.

I have no idea how vermont is processing cases but MIke, hang in there man. This will come to its end soon.

Good Luck

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Timeline
I don't think that RFE line for CSC still exist. When I got my approval for I-130 was the day before USCIS change the whole phone menu.

I have no idea how vermont is processing cases but MIke, hang in there man. This will come to its end soon.

Good Luck

ok i will try . only 10 more days and i will go to see my love , i am taking a leave of abcance for the forth time in the past 15 monthes . i will be ok as long i am with her.

Good luck all

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all,

I have my naturalization ceremony on coming Friday and I am planning to upgrade my spouse petition the same day.I filed I-130 in March 06 and it is still unapproved.I researched online and have some idea now about the process,I will call USCIS and send them a copy of my certificate alongwith a cover letter to upgrade,Is there any other way,I read some where else about email n fax but I can't seem to find the number for VSC.Should I call them up again to follow up or they will send me notice after upgrading.On average how long does it take if it is outside normal processing time as I applied in March 06

Please help and share your experince and thoughts.

Thanks a best of luck for every one

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Hi all,

I have my naturalization ceremony on coming Friday and I am planning to upgrade my spouse petition the same day.I filed I-130 in March 06 and it is still unapproved.I researched online and have some idea now about the process,I will call USCIS and send them a copy of my certificate alongwith a cover letter to upgrade,Is there any other way,I read some where else about email n fax but I can't seem to find the number for VSC.Should I call them up again to follow up or they will send me notice after upgrading.On average how long does it take if it is outside normal processing time as I applied in March 06

i did upgrade mine OCT.7.2008 i called USCIS on the phone and also send in a mail copy of NOA 1 and copy of naturalization certificate

when i called on the phone they told me i should be notifi with in 45 days so i am waiting

07-21-08------I130 receved at USCIS

07-25-08------I130 NOA1

7-31-08-------touched

10-7-08 ------ Inreview for N400 will become citizen (YEAH I PASS I AM CITIZEN NOW)

10-7-08 ----- sent citizenship certificate for upgrade I130

01/01/09-----touched

01/05/09 -----touched

01/8/09- i think i got approved

.png

Timeline

I just saw somewhere on Vj that someone upgraded there petition as well (from 2003) and they got approval less then a month. Now mind you maybe it was because their I-130 was waiting since 2003 so who knows. But I do know that once you upgrade it shouldn't take longer then 6 months to get an approval!! good Luck !!!

Nita

Hi all,

i did upgrade mine OCT.7.2008 i called USCIS on the phone and also send in a mail copy of NOA 1 and copy of naturalization certificate

when i called on the phone they told me i should be notifi with in 45 days so i am waiting

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline
Hi all,

Yes they will notifi you about the upgrade with a latter . they sent me a letter after 35 days from my upgrade. But no approval since july 24,2008 that the date of the last letter they sent me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.