Mike1976

Quition about upgrade I130

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi all in VJ.

I just have a quition about the upgrade for I130.

I filed the petition back in novmber,2006 when i was LPR and i upgraded it on june 2008 after i became a US citizen.

Now i don't know what date the USCIS consider it for the petition. i spoke to couple of immigration oficers on the phone some told me the origenal date and other told me when you upgrade it you start all over again becouse you changed your status .

what do you guys think?

You still have no approval?

Did you apply for K3 visa afterward? If you didn't then just make sure you won't do it because that causes some confusion....

Your original date doesn't change and priority stays same, you should be able to call them by now and let them know that your case is outside of normal processing time.

Edited by nimche

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Timeline

Did you apply for K3 visa afterward? If you didn't then just make sure you won't do it because that causes some confusion....

Your original date doesn't change and priority stays same, you should be able to call them by now and let them know that your case is outside of normal processing time.

thanks for the reply. Yes i did applied for K3 visa too on augest , what is the confusion that may cause? i called the many time and made a service request and they sent me a letter to say my case still pending that's all .

tell me what's your experiance in this setuation?

They are some factors to consider here:

1) I have seen many cases which applicant upgraded their case and then applied for K3 to process faster but USCIS as beening confused all the time they gave them a new priority date and the whole thing went to hell. I don't know if you can widthraw your K3 and follow up with only IR1. (This is my personal experience and it is based on only my knowledge and please consulate a lawyer if you are willing to do so)

2) Make sure that your upgrade has been gone through and they know the princinple applicant which is you, is a USC

3) If the item 2 is correct, then call them and ask them to file an inquiry on your behalf and ask vermont to process this case ASAP since your priority date on the NOA shows Nov. 2006 while Vermont is processing November 26, 2007

Check the link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC

They should take care of this ASAp and I have no idea why they haven't.

Thats crazy. Keep in mind I don't encourage you to take your I-129F out, you shouldn't even apply at the first place.

What I said was only the solution I tought of and you should ask others to make sure you are doing a right thing as I might be wrong.

look at VJ and see what is the processing time for I-129F in Vermont and what other people say.

You have to be very cautious for any action you are taking. Good Luck...

Edited by nimche

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Timeline
They are some factors to consider here:

1) I have seen many cases which applicant upgraded their case and then applied for K3 to process faster but USCIS as beening confused all the time they gave them a new priority date and the whole thing went to hell. I don't know if you can widthraw your K3 and follow up with only IR1. (This is my personal experience and it is based on only my knowledge and please consulate a lawyer if you are willing to do so)

2) Make sure that your upgrade has been gone through and they know the princinple applicant which is you, is a USC

3) If the item 2 is correct, then call them and ask them to file an inquiry on your behalf and ask vermont to process this case ASAP since your priority date on the NOA shows Nov. 2006 while Vermont is processing November 26, 2007

Check the link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=VSC

They should take care of this ASAp and I have no idea why they haven't.

Thats crazy. Keep in mind I don't encourage you to take your I-129F out, you shouldn't even apply at the first place.

What I said was only the solution I tought of and you should ask others to make sure you are doing a right thing as I might be wrong.

look at VJ and see what is the processing time for I-129F in Vermont and what other people say.

You have to be very cautious for any action you are taking. Good Luck...

I think those people don't care any humans feelings, I called them last month to let them know i am outside processing times and they sent me a letter says out computer systems shows that your case still pending and check our website for procissing times. wow i can't even laught about that. any way i just sent an email to my congress man maybe he can help me . pluse i sent a complain to abdusman 2 weeks ago but still no reply for this complain either. this is really crazy.

I am really sorry for your situation but:

It happens when you have two separate applications for the same purpose and both are for the same beneficiary.

USCIS is committed to process I-129F AKA K3 faster than your I-130 so almost they put your I-130 petition down and start processing your I-129F and then since it takes sometimes to process I-129F with current processing time, you get stuck but on the other hand if you could stick with only I-130, you should have already been approved by now and your Priority would stay as Nov, 2006.

With current situation and all shortcuts we have, K3 rout is wrong to me and useless especially in your case since it will cost you more and dealing time with USCIS will be much larger after beneficiary is here.

Good luck Again…

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Timeline
I am really sorry for your situation but:

It happens when you have two separate applications for the same purpose and both are for the same beneficiary.

USCIS is committed to process I-129F AKA K3 faster than your I-130 so almost they put your I-130 petition down and start processing your I-129F and then since it takes sometimes to process I-129F with current processing time, you get stuck but on the other hand if you could stick with only I-130, you should have already been approved by now and your Priority would stay as Nov, 2006.

With current situation and all shortcuts we have, K3 rout is wrong to me and useless especially in your case since it will cost you more and dealing time with USCIS will be much larger after beneficiary is here.

Good luck Again…

That's correct. and that's why i am going to withdrow my I129 to bring up the I130 route. i can't wait another 8 monthes for I129 the procissing time in VCS is jan,2008 so far from augest fillers. maybe that works and bring the i130 up again.

thanks for the reply, Good luck to you too

My advice is to keep the I-129f as it is and just push for both of them. it is bad idea to withdraw. If it works for someboday that does not mean he is right.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Timeline
My advice is to keep the I-129f as it is and just push for both of them. it is bad idea to withdraw. If it works for someboday that does not mean he is right.

you know guys . i am seating now emailing all the government . i am not going to be quite anymore. 1 more month if nothing show up then the law suite will go on with the USCIS.

Good luck everyone

s/he is right. If it doesn't work for me it doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Withdraw might be a really bad idea.

Keep researching.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

I was in the same situation. I heard that USCIS consider the relevant date to be that of the upgrade as regards your I-130 processing. If this is true, it makes the process of submitting an I-130 while a LPR a waste of time.

However, that doesn't stop you from calling USCIS because the petition is far outside the processing time.

At least you got a response from your service request. I never got a response to any of mine, in spite of the fact that my petitions were eventually approved.

Applying for the k3 after becoming Naturalized shouldn't confuse USCIS. It's a legitimate procedure that worked for me, although it took 12 months for my petitions to be approved.

thanks for the reply. Yes i did applied for K3 visa too on augest , what is the confusion that may cause? i called the many time and made a service request and they sent me a letter to say my case still pending that's all .

Timeline
At least you got a response from your service request. I never got a response to any of mine, in spite of the fact that my petitions were eventually approved.

Applying for the k3 after becoming Naturalized shouldn't confuse USCIS. It's a legitimate procedure that worked for me, although it took 12 months for my petitions to be approved.

Thanks , well like i said in the begaining most of the immigration officers that i spoke to told me that too. they go by the date of the upgrade not the origenal filling date. i was in the congressman's office today and they toke a copy of my NO1 they told me that they will get back to me with a reply from vermont service center in 2 to 3 weeks. at last i could know what's going on.

Also the date they sent out the reply to my service request on october first i saw a touch in my i-130 online. i thought they will work on it but that only becouse of my service request .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

No this not true, your petition continues from time you upgraded! when you petition in Nov 2006 they did a couple months work on it, then after that they kind of put it on hold until the day you become a US Citizen. You can just call them to upgrade it. Then from there depending on USCIS backlog :angry: secruity check etc... It depends how long it can take.... But it should only take 3 to 4 months additional to prcoess an updated petition...I was told this when I went through the process as well from various government agencies including USCIS... So if you upgraded it in June be patient it's probably coming soon unless you are in secruity checks which can take longer. This was happen to us...

Good Luck :thumbs:

Nita

Hi all in VJ.

I filed the petition back in novmber,2006 when i was LPR and i upgraded it on june 2008 after i became a US citizen.

Now i don't know what date the USCIS consider it for the petition. i spoke to couple of immigration oficers on the phone some told me the origenal date and other told me when you upgrade it you start all over again becouse you changed your status .

what do you guys think?

Yes K-3 visa maybe another delay.. For us it was and they ended up cancelling ours :(

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Timeline
No this not true, your petition continues from time you upgraded! when you petition in Nov 2006 they did a couple months work on it, then after that they kind of put it on hold until the day you become a US Citizen. You can just call them to upgrade it. Then from there depending on USCIS backlog :angry: secruity check etc... It depends how long it can take.... But it should only take 3 to 4 months additional to prcoess an updated petition...I was told this when I went through the process as well from various government agencies including USCIS... So if you upgraded it in June be patient it's probably coming soon unless you are in secruity checks which can take longer. This was happen to us...

Good Luck :thumbs:

Nita

Hi all in VJ.

what do you guys think?

Yes K-3 visa maybe another delay.. For us it was and they ended up cancelling ours :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.