babybunny

YESTERDAY MY HONEY SHOULD ARRIVE, but he did not!!!!

179 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Salaam Sister goldenheart and all,

I'm new here, and just read alot, but on this subject, I must comment. I'm Muslim and I have some long-standing expertise in the area of Islamic marriage law. The problem is not the immigration officials, they have a job to do. The problem is the imam. He is not a lawyer and had no right to give you legal advice that would lead you to believe that you were "Islamically married" and that a phone ceremony would have any legality in your immigration process or make you married before God.

I will explain. First of all, there is no such thing as an Islamic marriage without the recognition of the state. Muslims are required to follow the law of the place in which they live, and the state (I also live in Denver) has laid down a certain procedure to follow for your marriage to be legal. While it includes comon-law marriage and also allows the couple to marry themselves, a phone marriage is not legal. In a religious marriage that has not been recognized by the state, you have no redress to ensure your rights under secular law nor under Islamic law, as Islamic law is powerless to affirm or enforce your rights. That lack of protection is antithetical to Islam and inherently makes an unrecognized religious marriage not Islamic.

I am surprised to discover that there is an imam in Denver who would perform a charade of a dubious religious marriage and put you in such a predicament. Few legitimate imams will preform a ceremony without proper papers these days. I understand that you are a new Muslim, and I believe that your lack of knowledge has allowed you to be misguided.

I am very sorry that such a mistake has created a serious dilemma for you and your fiance. It will be difficult to repair. I will make dua for you, and I wish you both the very best.

szsz

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

i just readed this page, and i heard about ur problem, with ur fiancee!!!

i cant belive that u r in same boat like me, and u was calling me names and giving me bad feedback, while ur fiancee is in jaillllllll, i cant belive my head, he didint do anything wrong, but he is in bad situation, cuz a word didnt make him think he will be in this problem, and am in same boat, i did something wrong, and i didnt know its big deal, but all i do is pray, and also pray for ur fiancee, cuz all he wanted is be with his wife, as same as me, all i neeed is be with my wife, i love her and i die for her, i did something stupid but i knew later that its was stupid, and i pray for God to help me, and if he didnt help me, i will know that he choose for me the best, and i will accept what he choose for me!, but i will never leave my queen, so also i will pray for u from my heart, and wish everything be fixed and u be with ur husband sooon

Filed: Timeline

i cant belive that u r in same boat like me, and u was calling me names and giving me bad feedback, while ur fiancee is in jaillllllll, i cant belive my head, he didint do anything wrong, but he is in bad situation, cuz a word didnt make him think he will be in this problem, and am in same boat, i did something wrong, and i didnt know its big deal, but all i do is pray, and also pray for ur fiancee, cuz all he wanted is be with his wife, as same as me, all i neeed is be with my wife, i love her and i die for her, i did something stupid but i knew later that its was stupid, and i pray for God to help me, and if he didnt help me, i will know that he choose for me the best, and i will accept what he choose for me!, but i will never leave my queen, so also i will pray for u from my heart, and wish everything be fixed and u be with ur husband sooon

stop lying Mike! you were caught doing Weed. so, dont compair cases.

dayum..

GH - ignore mike he forgot what page he was on. ;)

Salaam Sister goldenheart and all,

I'm new here, and just read alot, but on this subject, I must comment. I'm Muslim and I have some long-standing expertise in the area of Islamic marriage law. The problem is not the immigration officials, they have a job to do. The problem is the imam. He is not a lawyer and had no right to give you legal advice that would lead you to believe that you were "Islamically married" and that a phone ceremony would have any legality in your immigration process or make you married before God.

I will explain. First of all, there is no such thing as an Islamic marriage without the recognition of the state. Muslims are required to follow the law of the place in which they live, and the state (I also live in Denver) has laid down a certain procedure to follow for your marriage to be legal. While it includes comon-law marriage and also allows the couple to marry themselves, a phone marriage is not legal. In a religious marriage that has not been recognized by the state, you have no redress to ensure your rights under secular law nor under Islamic law, as Islamic law is powerless to affirm or enforce your rights. That lack of protection is antithetical to Islam and inherently makes an unrecognized religious marriage not Islamic.

I am surprised to discover that there is an imam in Denver who would perform a charade of a dubious religious marriage and put you in such a predicament. Few legitimate imams will preform a ceremony without proper papers these days. I understand that you are a new Muslim, and I believe that your lack of knowledge has allowed you to be misguided.

I am very sorry that such a mistake has created a serious dilemma for you and your fiance. It will be difficult to repair. I will make dua for you, and I wish you both the very best.

szsz

oh wowow thank you for this..

shon.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

stop lyingg, all i was saying, we all do stupid things, and am praying for u, u say am lying, you dont deserve it, but i think ur poor husband deserve it, God with him, cuz i never want someone stand in his postion, i wish also he find someone better than u, cuz u got black heart, someone in ur case, just pray and dont judge others in problems, while they know they did wrong and learn the lesson GOOD

Filed: Timeline
stop lyingg, all i was saying, we all do stupid things, and am praying for u, u say am lying, you dont deserve it, but i think ur poor husband deserve it, God with him, cuz i never want someone stand in his postion, i wish also he find someone better than u, cuz u got black heart, someone in ur case, just pray and dont judge others in problems, while they know they did wrong and learn the lesson GOOD

stop talking #######! you did drugs and got found out. now stop hijacking the thread.

go back to your own thread- and whine. :angry:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...pic=16386&st=60

shon.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mike,

These two cases are completely different. We should all be supportive of GH. Her fiances visa was APPROVED and you have not even had your interview yet. COMPLETELY different. Just to let you know, Egypt is one of the hardest embassies for approval at the moment. We have gals here waiting for MONTHS for approvals AFTER they have their interview and their case is simple. I have been reading over the other threads and I will not be one to cast a stone, but we should not make comments when we really don't know what's going on.

8-7-06 Visa received after 6 months of AR

9-1-06 AOS sent

9-20-06 Biometrics

3-5-07 AOS Approved

Hope you're still holding up okay GoldenHeart. Just wanted to let you know a lot of us are still thinking about you guys and hoping for you.

:star: Joey

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Goldenheart did not call you names nor did she give you bad feedback. She didn't even reply to your message about your drug test. :no:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I've got a dua for you ukthi

Dua of Light

“O Allah, place light in my heart, light in my tongue, light in my hearing, light in my sight, light behind me, light in front of me, light on my right, light on my left, light above me and light below me; place light in my sinew, in my flesh, in my blood, in my hair and in my skin; place light in my soul and make light abundant for me; make me light and grant me light.”

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I Really hesitated before I write this because I don't want to be attacked ..or attck any one besides it's not time to blame you at all..You are really in very bad situation and I come from time to time just hoping to see that you had your problem solved ..God be with you I always pray for you ..

I have 2 questions for you though? First you said you are Muslim..Ok Iam muslim too but you said that you can't meet a guy before you marry ..you can meet and talk for god sake all that you can't do is to have sex befor marriage that's all .. engagment is something known and done in all Islamic country.. .so why you risked by married islamic way ..I mean in Islam there is nothing called islamic and civil you just marry by papers certified by the goverment and you are married!!!!..I think the reason in all this mess is the stupid Imam who gave you very wrong informations!

and you was trying to do something right and it messed it all ..I mean even if you wanted to see your man ..you could still see him and spend time with him without marrying him all you wouldn't be able to do is "having sex" and by then you could have waited till you marry in USA by Court or whatever how it's there ..

another thing I think even if you did marry already "illegaly" why he talked about it At the POE he should never mentioned it or even wear that ring beacsue he made them suspected that you are already married ..

I am really so sorry for all the mess you are at now ..and really I think it's no use crying over the spilt milk ..Now you should look forward and not backword anymore ..I mean don't balme your self for illegal marrying or islamically or whatever it was ..just try to get as much information as you can or contact congress men to solve this problem..

You served your country Iam sure this can help you make the goverment try to fix things for you

I really hope you will have it solved soon..and always after the darknes of night comes the light of the dawn..

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Timeline
I have 2 questions for you though? First you said you are Muslim..Ok Iam muslim too but you said that you can't meet a guy before you marry ..you can meet and talk for god sake all that you can't do is to have sex befor marriage that's all .. engagment is something known and done in all Islamic country.. .so why you risked by married islamic way ..I mean in Islam there is nothing called islamic and civil you just marry by papers certified by the goverment and you are married!!!!..I think the reason in all this mess is the stupid Imam who gave you very wrong informations!

Something I learned quite early on after my conversion to Islam is that although many muslims strive to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah, we still come to many different conclusions about things. If sister GH believes that what she did was necessary, then that's between her and Allah (swt). I chose a different path, and you chose yet another. Ahh, diversity in the ummah (F)

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Something I learned quite early on after my conversion to Islam is that although many muslims strive to follow the Qur'an and Sunnah, we still come to many different conclusions about things. If sister GH believes that what she did was necessary, then that's between her and Allah (swt). I chose a different path, and you chose yet another. Ahh, diversity in the ummah (F)

My fiance's sister is soon to be engaged. Her Dad didn't know about their relationship until the fiance came over to ask her hand in marriage. Hicham told me that his sister really shouldn't be alone with her boyfriend until they are engaged and have had an engagement party. Maybe she felt that she shouldn't be alone with a man until they were engaged. I think it can be looked down upon.

Timeline

My fiance's sister is soon to be engaged. Her Dad didn't know about their relationship until the fiance came over to ask her hand in marriage. Hicham told me that his sister really shouldn't be alone with her boyfriend until they are engaged and have had an engagement party. Maybe she felt that she shouldn't be alone with a man until they were engaged. I think it can be looked down upon.

That is quite common, especially in the Middle East. There are some who believe that the couple shouldn't meet at all until they're married, some who think that they should only meet with chaparones, some who are ok with going out together in public places, and some who think that dating american style is ok. All but the last one has at least some support islamically. But, as a disclaimer, I'm not shaykha and don't have an in depth knowledge of the fiqh (jurisprudence) surrounding marriage.

irhal.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our thoughts are with you both, Goldenheart. Please let him know that too. (F)

Best wishes as you two work your way through this situation,

E & H

Me (Indiana) & Him (Fes, Morocco)

Summer 2002: Met in Morocco
Summer 2004: Began work on 129f; joined VJ rather than hiring a lawyer

I-129f Submission & Approval
Oct 19, 2004: I-129f to VSC
Oct 29: NOA2 online -- approved in 6 days, 10/23 to 10/29!

From NVC to Consulate & All the Way Home...
Nov 8, 2004: Case to Casablanca
Feb 23: Interview; CO said they'll call in 2-3 weeks
Mar 2: Casa calls; visa in hand the next day!
Mar 24: Arrival at JFK; over four hours waiting, but got an EAD
April 15, 2005: Married

AOS
Aug 10, 2005: AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago
Nov 12: AOS prints taken

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
EAD renewals often delayed. (?)
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.