sadie33138

I-130 Accepted in Auckland!!!

5 posts in this topic

Today my husband and I (USC) filed the I-130 in person (walk-in)at the US Embassy in Auckland, New Zealand. It went so well I cannot believe it!!! :dance:

We arrived at the Embassy about 8:20 this morning and we were the 2nd couple there. Enter the building, go up to the 3rd floor and the elevator opens directly into the security area. Great guy on security, told me exactly what to do inside and where to stand and what bell to push. A very nice lady came to the window and I told her who I was, gave her my passport, introduced my DAH, and told her I wanted to file a petition for him. She took my petition and immediately said how organized every thing was and that I had originals of the docs, that a lot of people showed up without originals. (The "originals" she was talking about were certified copies of marriage, divorce,etc.) She checked them over, kept the photocopies that I had made of them and said they would mail the interview letter. I said, great because we have everything ready. Then she asked if we had the DS2001, the DS-230,part I and the police reports and if we had already made travel plans and I said yes to the DS2001,DS230,part I and the police reports and showed them to her and that we were ready to go so would like an interview at their earliest convenience. Then she said, "give me your Immigrant Visa application and the DS2001 and she said, sit down and wait for the Consul Officier and I'll look at the schedule and get you an interview date". So, we sat and she came back and gave us an interview letter & the forms for the medical and the DS230 Part II, the interview is on June 13th! Two weeks!! Then we sat back down and the Con.Off. came and asked me to swear that my petition was the truth and that my signature was my writing. I did. Then we left!! So easy. Went across the street to the mall and had breakfast and then went back across the street to the medical center to make an appt. for my darling's medical. The recept. said: "can you come back in an hour?" What?!!! So we both said YES, lol. We did and my DAH got his medical, xray, blood test and tetanus (sp?) shot (all he needed). We were home by 12:20pm. Do you believe that? I am SO happy it went so well. Only glitch was on the receipt for the fee we had to pay the Embassy they spelled our last name wrong. So, on the way to catch the bus home, we went back up to the Embassy and the same security guy was there and we asked him about the receipt, so he called inside and asked them and then he sent me inside to the cashier to have it fixed. The cashier said it wouldn't be a problem but that she would fix it and I asked her to initial the receipt, which she did. Lol. Crossing t's here, but I don't want any problem with my darling's visa.

I still can't believe how much we were able to accomplish in one morning. But, I think one thing is very apparent, be prepared and have all your documents ready. The people in the NZ Embassy are super nice too.

:yes:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

:dance::dance: WTG Sadie :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yay Sadie! I missed your post yesterday... we're counting on reading great reports from you, girl!

Congrats on shortcutting all those steps! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thanks guys! D_SMIL112.gif I can't stop smiling, lol. The folks at the Embassy here are so nice and so helpful. Very friendly. Helps so much when you are stressed out. D_SMIL112.gif

A special thanks to Mo & Wenchie and the rest of VJ for the great support and advice (F)25.gif(F)

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.