sammills89

US visits per year?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancee has just booked his tickets to the US for christmas (we're both ecstatic!) and I'm just wondering if it will be a problem as he has previously visited 3 times this year... Once in February for 10 days, once in April for another 10 days and just recently in August for a month... He's coming for a month this December and he's worried that there will be an issue with customs!

We understand about bringing all ties to your home country and he has a letter from his employer available after discussing it with him as well as some bank statements and vehicle documents. Hoping to get some advice from people in a similar situation!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ultimately it's up to the offier at POE to whether they allow him entry or not. But by taking all the documents that prove his ties to the UK he has a better chance of entry. They may question as to why he has so many stamps in his passport.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
My fiancee has just booked his tickets to the US for christmas (we're both ecstatic!) and I'm just wondering if it will be a problem as he has previously visited 3 times this year... Once in February for 10 days, once in April for another 10 days and just recently in August for a month... He's coming for a month this December and he's worried that there will be an issue with customs!

We understand about bringing all ties to your home country and he has a letter from his employer available after discussing it with him as well as some bank statements and vehicle documents. Hoping to get some advice from people in a similar situation!

Well, there are pros and cons here. On the plus side, he's only ever stayed for a few weeks at a time, and the visits have been seperated by at least a couple of months - that's good. On the down side, this will be the 4th time in the same calendar year that he will have used the VWP - you might be on dodgy ground there.

But in my opinion (and that's all it is) you should be OK - but he'd best be well prepared this time around.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

i visited several times, they never asked for my itinery and i always had it, this last time i forgot it they asked for it and i couldnt provide it, they sent me for further questioning and let me in, make sure u have details of your return flight and u should b ok, but like Laura says ultimately it is down to the interviewing officer.

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Hi Sam

The evidence demonstrating his return to the UK is sufficient enough but not sure they would be interested in even looking at it, but that's just my experience! I was prodded apart and grilled to the bone recently at a POE and I only went twice this year! I was also grilled about 3 times last year too. Just be ready to face the music should he be sent to passport control but he'll be fine! Donna Marie might have alot of advice to offer you as she's been about 15 times over the past two years and got a worse time than I did....

The best of luck and have a wonderful Christmas together :D

Hi Sam

The evidence demonstrating his return to the UK is sufficient enough but not sure they would be interested in even looking at it, but that's just my experience! I was prodded apart and grilled to the bone recently at a POE and I only went twice this year! I was also grilled about 3 times last year too. Just be ready to face the music should he be sent to passport control but he'll be fine! Donna Marie might have alot of advice to offer you as she's been about 15 times over the past two years and got a worse time than I did....

The best of luck and have a wonderful Christmas together :D

Yes depends on the POE officer, bring what you can and good luck - but yes Donna Marie is the residential pro on this stuff lol

xxxx

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

i flew to the US 5 times in 2007 (and an extra 3 times in the 2nd half of 2006). never longer then a month (the length of the trips make a difference). i never ever had any problems. be hounost. take proove that shows he`s planning on going back.

he should be fine.

and enjoy Christmas.

marjan

Timeline

Just be honest dont lie u should b ok

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

10146.gif

.png

Must be nice to be able to get a Visa to USA that easy.

Try to get a tourist visa from Philippines to USA, it is almost impossible.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The UK don't get a visa, they are under the VWP. If you get denied under the VWP then you have to go for a visitor's visa the next time.

During our wonderful journey (sik) because my hubbie had applied for a tourist visa and yes of course turned down, we did not chance the VWP as he may be turned back - so I just went there - again, it just depends on who you get and even when i came back from the UK after two months, to my own country, the POE officer said to me, where have you been, what did you do, and i said basically do you want the intimate details or just the basic standard answer - omg he was barking orders left and right to anyone and everyone - hhhhhhmmmm - that was Washington DC - Newark was great

lol i dont think he liked the intimate detail comment

just have back up with strong ties to return, mortgage slips, work letter whatever works and you will be ok! well unless you get that guy that is still thinking about intimate details!!!!! :devil:

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

oh well.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOLOLOLOL!!! And I thought I was hard-faced!!!

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline

ty Laura was just going to say that.

Susie u r naughty lol

Hi wifetobe

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

10146.gif

.png

ty Laura was just going to say that.

Susie u r naughty lol

Hi wifetobe

Yeah UK has the VWP but we wanted to do more than 90 days so we went the other route first, big oooopsie!

lol aye naughty cow here for sure!

lol oh well wifey your just a trip luv xxx

Edited by SusieK

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.