datsgtochoa83

Form I-130, I lost my naturalization certificate, Help!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello. I am trying to Petition my father. I can't seem to find my naturalization certificate and I have read on the other forums that people have used their US Passports as Proof. On question number B-13, I picked Naturalization, yet it asks for the naturalization certificate number and the place it was issued to me. Is it possible for me to use my US Passport Number and send a copy of the first page of my Passport where it states the number? Please Help.

Hello. I am trying to Petition my father. I can't seem to find my naturalization certificate and I have read on the other forums that people have used their US Passports as Proof. On question number B-13, I picked Naturalization, yet it asks for the naturalization certificate number and the place it was issued to me. Is it possible for me to use my US Passport Number and send a copy of the first page of my Passport where it states the number? Please Help.

You might try calling USCIS and see if they will give you your number. At the same time apply for replacement. Don't you have a record of your number somewhere??

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Passport # is NOT the same as Nat Cert #.

You could use a full copy of passport as proof of citizenship.

I would order a replacement cert, in case an RFE is issued for Nat.Cert.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD (FEE $380)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I can order another certificate, but for the meantime, i can't just put my passport number and send a copy of my passport with the I-130 form?

OH NO,THAT CERTIFICATE IS YOUR LIFE.IT TAKES MONTHS AND MONTHS TO GET A COPY OF THAT CERTIFICATE.MINE IS IN SAFE DEPOSIT BOX WHERE ITS SAFE AS CAN BE.YOULL HAVE TO REORDER THRU USCIS AND YOU KNOW HOW LONG THAT WILL TAKE.GOOD LUCK

Timeline

I can order another certificate, but for the meantime, i can't just put my passport number and send a copy of my passport with the I-130 form?

Again Passport # is NOT the same NUMBER, if you don't know the correct number, then note "Unknown" for the number, and attach complete copy of passport as proof of citizenship.

ALSO: This is in the WRONG forum, this forum is for persons filing an I-129F for a K-1 visa for a fiancee, NOT for filing I-130 for a relative. The correct forum is "Bringing family members of US Citizens to America" http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=111

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Again Passport # is NOT the same NUMBER, if you don't know the correct number, then note "Unknown" for the number, and attach complete copy of passport as proof of citizenship.

ALSO: This is in the WRONG forum, this forum is for persons filing an I-129F for a K-1 visa for a fiancee, NOT for filing I-130 for a relative. The correct forum is "Bringing family members of US Citizens to America" http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=111

Ok thanks, I will go to that forum.. I will also put unkown for the naturalization part and submit my passport copy.. would that hold up the process though? in the meantime, I will try to recover my certificate or order another one.

Timeline

Ok thanks, I will go to that forum.. I will also put unkown for the naturalization part and submit my passport copy.. would that hold up the process though? in the meantime, I will try to recover my certificate or order another one.

They may have no problems with passport copy and no hold up, or they may RFE for a copy of nat cert. I suspect they will be fine with the passport, it is proof of citizenship.

They may have no problems with passport copy and no hold up, or they may RFE for a copy of nat cert. I suspect they will be fine with the passport, it is proof of citizenship.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! YOU ARE A GREAT HELP!!

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Please does anyone know if submitting the passport as proof of citizenship really works cause i dont have my naturalization cerificate. .. Please help me i wanna know for sure if the passport is really enough as proof

Yes, it works. Read the instructions and note the word "or" as used in the list of docuements to use for proof of US Citizenship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I figure this question out myself (I'm filing a I-130 petition for my spouse).

Most of us naturalized citizens don't have our Naturalization Certificate anymore because we had to turn in the Certificate to obtain a US passport and they don't give it back to you.

There's a way to get a replacement of the Naturalization Certificate, but it costs $380!!!

The I-130 application asks for my Naturalization Certificate number.

I called USCIS and they told me that I don't need the Naturalization Certificate number. Instead, I can simply write "N/A" (meaning, not applicable) on all the spaces in the petition that ask for this while including a photocopy of the first page of my passport in my application package; thus, proving my citizenship.

The representative told me that doing this will in no way delay or jeopardize my application.

when I got my naturalisation they told me it would cost $355 to replace and you would have to wait a year to get another! mine went straight into a safe!

Also when I applied to sponser my mum I had to send a photocopy of my naturalisation certificate in.

Edited by Gemma12nel

The long and winding road,,,,,,

03/03/04 - I-129F received at VSC

08/03/04 - Date of NOA1

24/04/04 - Approval online email (46 day35 Business day

28/04/04 - Received NOA2 by mail

03/05/04 - NVC fowards petition to London Embassy

14/05/04 - Received Packet 3

26/05/04 - Received Packet 4

01/06/04 - Interview @ London Embassy

01/06/04 - WAS APPROVED FOR VISA!

02/06/04 - Passport inclusive of visa delivered

13/06/04 - Here in the US of A!

31/07/04 - Officially engaged!

28/08/04 - Married

30/08/04 - Filed AOS, EAD, sent via Fed-Ex

02/09/04 - Applied for SSN in married name

10/09/04 - SSN arrives

08/09/04 - NOA for EAD & AOS

30/09/04 - Biometics & Fingerprinting Appointment

10/11/04 - Received approval via email for EAD

13/11/04 - Very happily blessed in Florida with Family present - special day!

16/11/04 - EAD arrives in post

01/03/05 - Posted AP

24/03/05 - NOA1 of AP

20/05/05 - Advance Parole arrived

19/09/05 - Case transferred to CSC

08/11/05 - Approved for AOS at CSC

12/11/05 - Welcome to america letter arrives!

15/11/05 - Green Card Arrives

REMOVE CONDITIONS

07/08/07 - Applied to Vermont for 2 years conditions removed I-751

22/08/07 - Check cashed

23/08/07 - Received I-797 Notice of action in post

04/09/07 - NOA Date

02/10/07 - Biometrics

02/10/07 - Touched- checked at 6:45 PM

03/10/07 - Touched

28/03/08 - Received Email - 10 Year green card approved

CITIZENSHIP

11/08/08 - Sent N-400 application to become a citizen to VERMONT

16/08/08 - Cheque cashed by Vermont

18/08/08 - NOA1 N-400

17/09/08 - Biometrics

09/12/08 - Interview and oath taken at newark

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.