beans

October 08 K1 Filers

2,110 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I was looking through the medical questionnaire the other day and came to the question 'Have you ever had any mental disorder or depression?'

A couple of years ago I went to the doctors with symptoms of depression so he asked me to complete a questionnaire. After that he told me he thought I had mild depression and referred me to a young persons counsellor for a couple of sessions. Because I wasn't put on medication and not officially diagnosed (I don't think it went on my medical record) should I answer yes to this question?

Yeah I don't think it'd anything to worry about. I went to the doctors too with PTSD after my mum died and he referred me to a counsellor. I had one session and never went back, and I don't think it went on my record. At least I hope not, because the last thing we need is to be accused of lying. :P

I think I'll check about it when I go and get my vaccination records. If it did go on my record I'll get them to write a letter or something.

Edited by Laura+Tom

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'll check about it when I go and get my vaccination records. If it did go on my record I'll get them to write a letter or something.

I told Andrew about going to his local and getting his vaccinations. Now does he have to have a copy of his records or when he goes for his physical in London will that have access?

Thanks

CR-1 Timeline

2009-12-29: Mailed I-130 package to Chicago

2010-01-04: package arrived at USCIS

2010-01-12: NOA1 arrived Case sent to CSC

2010-03-22: NOA2 approval email and letter recieved

2010-03-24: called NVC got NVC#

2010-03-26: NVC message verified paperwork sent on the 25th

2010-03-29: Got email from NVC and paid AOS fee.

2010-04-01: AOS fee shows paid, and receive and paid IV Bill

2010-04-05: IV bill shows paid and NVC mailed packet

2010-04-26: Mailed I-864

2010-05-06: AVR stated recieved I-864

2010-05-14: NVC email stating need ds230

2010-05-27: AOS/DS-230 Mailed

2010-06-17: case complete!

2010-06-22: sign in failure!

2010-06-24: Interview date received Aug 9th 9am

2010-07-21: Medical Exam-PASSED!

2010-07-30: Case Mailed to London!

2010-08-09: Interview in London 9 am (APPROVED)

2010-08-12: Visa Received!

2010-09-11:POE Charlotte, NC

2010-09-27: Welcome Letter Received

2010-10-02: Green Card Arrived and Social Security card after apply for it on Monday!

I-751 Timeline

2012-07-09:Paperwork Mailed to California

2012-07-16:Received NOA letter, Receipt Date the 12th

2012-07-31:Received Biometric App for 8/24/12

2012-09-04:Rescheduled Biometrics App Complete

2013-03-21:Approved

Timeline
I told Andrew about going to his local and getting his vaccinations. Now does he have to have a copy of his records or when he goes for his physical in London will that have access?

Thanks

He will have to get a vaccination record from his doctor to take to the medical. They won't have any access to his records.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I was looking through the medical questionnaire the other day and came to the question 'Have you ever had any mental disorder or depression?'

A couple of years ago I went to the doctors with symptoms of depression so he asked me to complete a questionnaire. After that he told me he thought I had mild depression and referred me to a young persons counsellor for a couple of sessions. Because I wasn't put on medication and not officially diagnosed (I don't think it went on my medical record) should I answer yes to this question?

Yeah I don't think it'd anything to worry about. I went to the doctors too with PTSD after my mum died and he referred me to a counsellor. I had one session and never went back, and I don't think it went on my record. At least I hope not, because the last thing we need is to be accused of lying. :P

Hello Laura and everyone,

Where did you get the info on the medical, I'd like to see it? Also about the shots, anyone know where I could see the list? Another question about the shots, in the province where I live, we have a booklet with all the shots we recceive. Is that enough to show at USCIS medical exam? I takes forever to see a doctor here so I want to start and get ready now.

Thanks for your help!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Timeline

Hello Laura and everyone,

Where did you get the info on the medical, I'd like to see it? Also about the shots, anyone know where I could see the list? Another question about the shots, in the province where I live, we have a booklet with all the shots we recceive. Is that enough to show at USCIS medical exam? I takes forever to see a doctor here so I want to start and get ready now.

Thanks for your help!

I am assuming you are going to Montreal so here is the medical stuff, however for some reason it doesn't inc the questionnaire http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/MTL-ME...L-0001-0810.pdf

I'm sure the questionnaire is the same as the London medical so if you scroll to the end you'll find it here http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/LND-ME...L-0001-0810.pdf

However if it isn't Montreal (and if anyone else wants info) then you can select your panel physican from the drop down list here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

And here is the vaccination list, it's from the London Embassy in the UK but it should be the same. You should be able to find it on your embassy website. Note the vaccinations are age specific. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wow! great! Thanks a million!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Timeline
Is it because of the holidays?

Not really, it's been slow for a while. My workload depends on what comes in from outside companies. If they don't send anything, I struggle for things to do. Shame because my manager is swamped but I can't do the work he does as I'm not trained.

Edited by Laura+Tom

That's even harder coz all you wanna do is be busy and be distracted! This happened to me when I just got back from proposing to my fiancee, I thought I was gonna loose my mind, at that time almost 90% of the poeple in the office were gone on vacation! I thought i was gonna go CRAZY!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hm so you are saying that the doctor dosnt have acces to my "hospital history" or whatever you wanna call it?

It worries me alittle since i have 2 lumps in one breast, but I went to the hospital and they checked it and its completely fine, there is no danger and its normal in my age, they wouldnt remove them etc.

I can understand that the doctor at the medical exame will find out that i have them, but if he wont be able to see my record that i actually went how am i gonna convince him that they does no threat whatsoever? :)

Thanks

Edited by Shanira

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Timeline
Hm so you are saying that the doctor dosnt have acces to my "hospital history" or whatever you wanna call it?

It worries me alittle since i have 2 lumps in one breast, but I went to the hospital and they checked it and its completely fine, there is no danger and its normal in my age, they wouldnt remove them etc.

I can understand that the doctor at the medical exame will find out that i have them, but if he wont be able to see my record that i actually went how am i gonna convince him that they does no threat whatsoever? :)

Thanks

The doctors at the medical won't as they deal purely with the visa process. I would take with you documentation (like a letter from your doctor) to show that you have been checked out and your doctor is happy there is no threat to your health.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks

The doctors at the medical won't as they deal purely with the visa process. I would take with you documentation (like a letter from your doctor) to show that you have been checked out and your doctor is happy there is no threat to your health.

Ah, okay that sounds like a good idea, i hope its enough :D

Thanks for your answer :)

Edited by Shanira

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

Timeline

I have a feeling they may not even check your breasts. I know in the UK they just ask you to strip for the X-ray and look 'down below' to see if you are who you say you are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.