need some questioned answered about oath

50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
when the decision is not made at your interview how long do they take or have taken to send you decision or perhaps oath by mail?

With my wife's friend, going on ten months already, I talked to her on the phone and told her about having her congressman doing an inquiry, and also going to court where it says you must hear something within 120 days. I don't know if she or her USC husband is afraid to take action or what, I would have been screaming a long time ago just like waiting five weeks for the oath letter when we were suppose to hear about it within two weeks.

With my wife's friend, she told me she was not approved for lack of evidence, while she had joint tax returns, her IO also wanted a utility bill with both their names one it, sent that in with no replies. Don't know if her file was set in a corner someplace, more evidence, or what is going on. Everything went fine for her until her citizenship, she even received her ten year card within the time frame, where our application was misplaced someplace between Nebraska and California, didn't even tell us it was moved and was told that couldn't do anything because Nebraska was posting a processing date of July 06. 2006, I really got angry on this. Trying to obey their laws, more than ample evidence, but they still screw up, or just one person.

Filed: Timeline
when the decision is not made at your interview how long do they take or have taken to send you decision or perhaps oath by mail?

With my wife's friend, going on ten months already, I talked to her on the phone and told her about having her congressman doing an inquiry, and also going to court where it says you must hear something within 120 days. I don't know if she or her USC husband is afraid to take action or what, I would have been screaming a long time ago just like waiting five weeks for the oath letter when we were suppose to hear about it within two weeks.

With my wife's friend, she told me she was not approved for lack of evidence, while she had joint tax returns, her IO also wanted a utility bill with both their names one it, sent that in with no replies. Don't know if her file was set in a corner someplace, more evidence, or what is going on. Everything went fine for her until her citizenship, she even received her ten year card within the time frame, where our application was misplaced someplace between Nebraska and California, didn't even tell us it was moved and was told that couldn't do anything because Nebraska was posting a processing date of July 06. 2006, I really got angry on this. Trying to obey their laws, more than ample evidence, but they still screw up, or just one person.

uh-oh

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Aside from NickD's response, typically, USCIS should make a decision within 1-2 months of you passing your interview. Depending on where you live, you might even be able to have a same day oath. It all just depends. My husband passed his interview on May 6 and took his oath on July 4.

Timeline

They give you a reason as to "WHY" a decision was not made at the end of your interview? That you have the right to know. Or are you just anticipating the worse?

They give you a reason as to "WHY" a decision was not made at the end of your interview? That you have the right to know. Or are you just anticipating the worse?

the decision was not made when i called but when i was at the interview the guy told me we will mail you oath and i will recommend you to my supervisor and i waited a week then called the IO on phone said final decision is not made yet. that is why i asked how long do they take to do a final decision

Timeline

the decision was not made when i called but when i was at the interview the guy told me we will mail you oath and i will recommend you to my supervisor and i waited a week then called the IO on phone said final decision is not made yet. that is why i asked how long do they take to do a final decision

Weren't you given a N-652 Citizenship interview form? Has box your IO checks that you have been approved, but requires final approval, that is normally done by the manager of the field office, if your IO gave that form to the manager. Ours didn't, we received apologies, but after our senator made an inquiry.

Weren't you given a N-652 Citizenship interview form? Has box your IO checks that you have been approved, but requires final approval, that is normally done by the manager of the field office, if your IO gave that form to the manager. Ours didn't, we received apologies, but after our senator made an inquiry.

it was checked decision will be mailed to you but IO said it personally that i will approve you from myside to the supervisor. he made me sign a bunch of papers and my passport photos that he had in my file

Timeline

it was checked decision will be mailed to you but IO said it personally that i will approve you from myside to the supervisor. he made me sign a bunch of papers and my passport photos that he had in my file

Never answered this question, Weren't you given a N-652 Citizenship interview form? And on what date, and should have the name of your IO on it. Does it?

What bunch of papers did you sign? Should only have to sign the bottom of the N-400, if you want advice, have to provide answers to these questions.

yes on the paper they hand you before you leave the room he checked the box decison will be mailed to you. there were 3 boxes one was the congrats box one was decision will be mailed the other was we cannot make a decision at this moment about your case. mine was the decision will be mailed to you box.

Timeline
yes on the paper they hand you before you leave the room he checked the box decison will be mailed to you. there were 3 boxes one was the congrats box one was decision will be mailed the other was we cannot make a decision at this moment about your case. mine was the decision will be mailed to you box.

If your IO checked the "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application" box, must be something about your application he/she felt uncomfortable about, if you can review your interview word for word, maybe there is a hint as to exactly what that is. And it takes time for you application to be reviewed, sorry, but you should hear something within 120 days, if not, then you have a recourse.

If your IO checked the "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application" box, must be something about your application he/she felt uncomfortable about, if you can review your interview word for word, maybe there is a hint as to exactly what that is. And it takes time for you application to be reviewed, sorry, but you should hear something within 120 days, if not, then you have a recourse.

well when i review my interview i only see him saying i am approving yo to my supervisor..he didnt give any hint that im not getting it infact he told me straight out we will send you oath. :whistle: but the question is when is the normal time people have heard from them not including the people who they take forever with im asking about normal timing on normal terms..120 days is for those who are unlucky. what about normally when do they give you a decision?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I guess I am lucky because after the interview at 9:30am, the officer told me to come back at 2:30 as I have to attend the oath..

Blessing for me as I have to go back to the Middle East on the next day. The only bad part is I forgot to update my citizenship information in the SSA office.

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Timeline

well when i review my interview i only see him saying i am approving yo to my supervisor..he didnt give any hint that im not getting it infact he told me straight out we will send you oath. :whistle: but the question is when is the normal time people have heard from them not including the people who they take forever with im asking about normal timing on normal terms..120 days is for those who are unlucky. what about normally when do they give you a decision?

This is not very encouraging, but my wife's friend had the same thing happened to her, she lives in Illinois very close to St. Louis, but has to go to Chicago, and has been waiting ten months already. Her USC husband is quiet and shy, I would be raising all holy hell, and have, even after waiting five weeks. Sending a couple of bucks to your senator's campaign fund sure helps, but is the American way, believe they call that politics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.