humkae

Can my fiance visit me in U.S. while our K1 app is being processed?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this question has already been addressed... our K-1 application is currently being processed (received NOA1 at end of July), and my fiance was looking to visit me in the states sometime in November (she has a tourist visa). Assuming our application is still being processed at that time, does it disrupt the K-1 process at all if she visits using her tourist visa? Appreciate any guidance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FAQ, FAQ, FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html#4.6 4.6)...Can my fiance(e) come to the US to visit me once the visa process is started?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes you can visit but I suggest that you bring documents to prove that you intend to go back so that you will not be denied at POE.

Yup, documents like a letter from employer, rental agreements, house bills etc.

and make sure you have a return ticket.....

I am going at Christmas so I hope they let me in, I will take all the docs I can.

I have seen a lot of members visit while in the process and from a previous thread quite a lot of us are going to go for the holidays

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yep, your fiance can visit the US while K1 is pending. HOWEVER, he/she has to be careful. I have heard that some people were denied to enter. Make sure to bring employer's letter or some proof that he/she will go back home no matter what. Otherwise, the IO will suspect marriage with a tourist visa.

06/19/2008 POE at LAX with K1 visa

06/28/2008 Married my husband

07/03/2008 Update my social security card

07/19/2008 AOS, EAD, AP mailed to Chicago lock box

07/21/2008 AOS, EAD, AP were received

07/28/2008 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/04/2008 Biometric appointment letter arrived

08/15/2008 Biometric at Santa Ana office

10/21/2008 No update since biometric- contacted a local congressman, the ombudsman

10/22/2008 Was able to do service request

10/23/2008 EAD was approved

10/24/2008 AOS interview letter arrived

11/26/2008 Renew my State ID

12/10/2008 AOS interview approved right away

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

My finace got a B2 while we were waiting. Be very clear that you completely understand that you cannot get married and remain the US with a tourist visa and that you will go home and wait for the K after your trip.

My fiance just returned to the UK today after visiting for a week (booooo)--he had no problems at all going through border patrol. According to him, the best piece of advice we got on here is to only answer questions they've specifically asked you--don't volunteer any additional information.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.