nunyab

hummmph MENA men!!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

As hurtful as it is to hear a husband say those things, I don't see anything wrong with a husband letting his wife know he cares for her, wants her to be healthy, or even if he prefers her body to be thinner. (I know I'll get flamed for that...) I appreciate honesty and I would rather my husband say it TACTFULLY (*key word there) than hide his emotions and create resentment (*see ganja's photo above LOL). Not saying that's what always happens, but its possible!

On that note, my husband does nag me to go to the gym and reiterates that he loves me no matter what size I end up, but that he knows how I feel emotionally when I'm healthier and he wants me to be happy. I try not to be sensitive because if he had gained some weight I would try to get him to go to the gym with me too. I also already DO nag him for his cigarettes! ;)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

okay okay... i was sensitive i'll admit it. He did say i was beautiful and perfect for him in all ways but that got tarnished after the "play sports" thing. lol.... poor guy now i feel bad for him.

Should i call him and say i am sorry? it's only 2:30 am hehehe i so love him and i know he loves me.

Filed: Timeline
when we talk health i tell him i will walk more when he stops smokeing you would be surprised how fast the subject changes :whistle:

lol... reminds me of my parents! they both smoke :wacko:

Thank god my hubby doesn't smoke...I'd be on him about it too (of course for his health!) If I wanted to lick an ashtray..... :devil:

ok i just text him saying i understood better and thankyou for loving me the way he does. Now i feel like an A$$

Don't feel that way silly! You are sensitive and he needs to remember that and you can learn to understand he wants you around a long time with him!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You guys are so much more tactful then I would ever be on this issue. I think I would tell him off and tell him the whole people in glass houses story.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rajaa....I think it is the way sometimes that they come off. My husband once said something similar to this but in a different way and I had to explain to him that here we are very sensitive to things like this. He had no idea it would hurt my feelings. I think he said something like something on me was fleshy...lol!

Timeline
Rajaa....I think it is the way sometimes that they come off. My husband once said something similar to this but in a different way and I had to explain to him that here we are very sensitive to things like this. He had no idea it would hurt my feelings. I think he said something like something on me was fleshy...lol!

:rofl: you made me laugh lol.... I remember one time he said he liked my"cheese" yeah the "cheese" on my thigh :yes:

I wasn't nearly as offended as i was tody though. I can't wait until he is here and i soooooo want to be next to him when he relizes Oooops maybe i should've said things differently.

that is one of the reasons i love him... no reading between the lines if he thinks it he'll :lol: say it no worries what he's thinking

You guys are so much more tactful then I would ever be on this issue. I think I would tell him off and tell him the whole people in glass houses story.

You're funny! Tell him off...LOL :P

Was what he said that bad? I really don't think he meant to hurt her feelings or insult her. Hmm...

Timeline

nawwww he didn't he started the conversation by just looking at me... i asked him "what?" he said i was beautiful.... all that he wanted and desired. then later in the conversation i told him I love it when he tells me his thoughts. and pow there you have it!! but it's all good now. If he didn' care he would never say anything. Gotta get the15 lbs off

nawwww he didn't he started the conversation by just looking at me... i asked him "what?" he said i was beautiful.... all that he wanted and desired. then later in the conversation i told him I love it when he tells me his thoughts. and pow there you have it!! but it's all good now. If he didn' care he would never say anything. Gotta get the15 lbs off

Same here! Need to work it off :P I started a boot camp and jogging again. I think the boot camp is so fun...I've met some friends so I'm more motivated when others are suffering with me! YMCA by my house....and they have childcare! :thumbs:

Rajaa you are beautiful (F)

awwwww you're making me blush :blush: I just wanted to hear how you all handle your hubby's statements made matter of factly when not single American man could imagine saying and keeping his head

I have American male friends who are less tactful than that! Matter of fact, they are down right mean. I prefer my hubby be honest...I'd hope we both want to look good for each other. That's just me. Could also be my great grandmas voice in my head..."you must suffer to be beautiful" after she burned a darn hot curler on the side of my head (and i teared up!)...LOL :P

You know its weird that you brought this up...because late last night we had a friend call us. She was hysterical after he husband got in a screaming match (in front of his friends) with her about her weight and body shape. Insulting her, calling her fat, etc. I hate him right now BTW. He's American. Big jerk...

Timeline

OMG!!! my DH would never do that!! he is very private (don't tell him i posted this btw oops). I agree i never wanted to be marred again but low and behold mine won me over and yes.

I would do whatever to look good for him as he would do the same for me if i just asked.

I know I have totally flabbed out since starting the visa process! I am exhausted from work and stress and lack of sleep. I used to run and was very thin and although I have only gained 5lbs, I look fluffier because I lost the muscle from running all the time. I tell my husband that when he comes we will run together because we are both athletic and love sports stuff. But I noticed too he will say "did you run today?" "maybe you need to excercise" I know he means because excercise creates endorphin's that help lessen stress and make us feel better, but I take it like I look fat because I know I am out of shape. Maybe your hubby means just "for your health" Not that you are overweight :luv:

well i will probably regret posting this but I appreciate his honesty and getting to the point but can't we sugar coat things a little MENA men??? :blink:

I don't think i am very heavy but my love "suggested" i start "sports" for my "health" :unsure:

his point is that i should be in the best physical health for when he arrives insha'allah we want kids but I think a more delicate approach would've helped gosh :angry:

anyway, i have 4 already and i think i look dam* good but guess who just got back from the gym riding 12 miles on a bike??? lol :whistle:

Timeline

i know i am not over weight but i am not what i like to be he knows i am better when i exercise and martini olive i amthe same way. This visa process and work and single mom but you know there is no reason why i can't take an hour go to the club house and move my butt... it is Soooo on!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.