Jamie&Trevor

I-90 Reason "D" -> Take Deep Breaths

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
If you have lost the card, submit a photocopy of the receipt for your Form I-90, "Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card"

This would be nice but I was told by 3 different people, during 3 different calls to USCIS that I-90's with reason "D" do not receive a receipt notice. I never did receive one. I sure wish I had a receipt notice, they give them out for just about everything else you do...

First off I'd like to say I partially understand your situation as I had the same issue with my Conditional Greencard. I too was mistakenly put as "male" (that wasn't the only mistake but you can read my timeline foe that story :P). However I DID and still do have a copy of my NOA for submitting my I-90. Why you never received one is probably because they never received it in the first place, you should have had one and you DO get one.

Second you are doing what is best and going to an Infopass appointment. Sometimes these appointments feel redundant or pointless but you can get information there you can not over the phone with the retarded people who answer the USCIS phonelines. I had my passport stamped 2ce before I got my new "correct" greencard. Thankfully when I filed to remove conditions they did not repeat their mistake or I'd have gone ballistic on their asses.

Bring EVERYTHING you have regarding filing your I-90 to your appointment. They may not want to look at it but if they do, you have it ready for them. If they tell you to redo the I-90 I highly suggest you have it signed for upon delivery by their office so you at least have proof they did get it. Oh and get the officer's name you talk to at the appointment and keep that as reference in case you have to deal with this longer. Be polite even if they are not but do voice your concerns. Also think of and write down any questions you may have for them (I find I forget half I wanna say by the time I'm face to face with an officer) then write down the answers as you get them. This way you can go home and not fret that you forgot to ask something or you forgot what they told you.

Whatever happens I wish you the best of luck. - From one "male" (haha right) Canadian to another. (F)

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

I'd just like to say if USCIS people at Infopass give you a hard time like file another I-90 with fees - time to involve your congressman - scan everything you have and I am sure they will get you the correct card (with no additional fees) soon.

Good luck!

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to post a follow-up after our info pass appointment yesterday in Indianapolis.

The officer we dealt with was very nice, I explained the situation and provided copies of the green card with the error on it, the letter I received from USCIS and the delivery confirmation for filing the I-90. He plugged my information into the computer and said that I should expect a new greencard in the mail within 45 days. I asked if I could get the I-551 stamp in my passport so I had some proof of status and he had us take a seat for 10 minutes and then called us back up, my passport was stamped with an expiry date of Jan 9th, 2009 and he said I didn't need to re-file a new I-90, that everything was taken care of.

Quick, painless and pleasant for once. He didn't even make us wait until our appointment time, he took us as soon as I passed in the info pass letter which was 20 minutes early. We left, had a great lunch and went shopping. Turned out to be a super Friday.

My advice, don't listen to those fools on the help line. If somethings not right make an info-pass appointment and speak to someone who can actually help! IMHO.

~Jamie

americanflag7ak.gifcanadianflag5zz.gif

SEPTEMBER 17, 2004 -> MARRIED!

OCTOBER 18, 2004 -> MAILED AOS, AP,

OCTOBER 27, 2004 -> NOA's RECV'D I485, I130, I765, I131

DECEMBER 10, 2004 -> FINGERPRINTING & BIOMETRICS

DECEMBER 15, 2004 -> AP ARRIVES IN MAIL

DECEMBER 17, 2004 ->EAD ARRIVES IN MAIL

AUGUST 17, 2005 -> SUCCESSFULLY USED AP

SEPTEMBER 17, 2005 -> E-FILED EAD RENEWAL

SEPTEMBER 28, 2005 -> INTERVIEW NOTICE ARRIVES FOR NOV1 @ 9:40AM

OCTOBER 19, 2005 -> FINGERPRINTING FOR EAD RENEWAL

NOVEMBER 1, 2005 -> AOS INTERVIEW, APPROVED PENDING BACKGROUND CHECK

NOVEMBER 23, 2005-> WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER ARRIVES

NOVEMBER 25, 2005 -> *** GREEN CARD ARRIVES ***

SEPTEMBER 24, 2007 -> PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON GC RECEIVED

FEBRUARY 15, 2008 -> CONDITIONS REMOVED - NEW 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED

FEBRUARY 20, 2008 -> I-90 REASON "D" FILED -> WAITING...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just wanted to post a follow-up after our info pass appointment yesterday in Indianapolis.

The officer we dealt with was very nice, I explained the situation and provided copies of the green card with the error on it, the letter I received from USCIS and the delivery confirmation for filing the I-90. He plugged my information into the computer and said that I should expect a new greencard in the mail within 45 days. I asked if I could get the I-551 stamp in my passport so I had some proof of status and he had us take a seat for 10 minutes and then called us back up, my passport was stamped with an expiry date of Jan 9th, 2009 and he said I didn't need to re-file a new I-90, that everything was taken care of.

Quick, painless and pleasant for once. He didn't even make us wait until our appointment time, he took us as soon as I passed in the info pass letter which was 20 minutes early. We left, had a great lunch and went shopping. Turned out to be a super Friday.

My advice, don't listen to those fools on the help line. If somethings not right make an info-pass appointment and speak to someone who can actually help! IMHO.

~Jamie

Hi Guys , i have couple questions : my 2 years green card will expire in March 2009 and iam getting divorce from my wife , iam excepting my divorce by the end of October , Her and I we got the Mortgage for the house together and Vehicle , including bills , pics , tax returns , our trip together ...., any body here with experience through divorce and what happen to them after they file , my lawyer told me she will file my I -751 by January , i want to know what will happen then , and by the way the reason why iam getting divorce she cheated on me and she like to drink a lot and i cant leave my life like that with somebody stupid .

thanks guys i apreciate that .

Hi iam new in this website , i need some information and help , my green card will expire in March and i want to Remove condition , and iam getting divorce from my wife , i filed for divorce and iam still waiting for the court date i was wondering if i can file by my self or hire immigration attorney to take my case ? i need help guys i apreciate that ,

Hi iam new in this website , i need some information and help , my green card will expire in March and i want to Remove condition , and iam getting divorce from my wife , i filed for divorce and iam still waiting for the court date i was wondering if i can file by my self or hire immigration attorney to take my case ? i need help guys i apreciate that ,

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Jamie&Trevor,

Glad that everything went well for you on your super-Friday infopass appointment yesterday. Thanks for the update post here. Yes, it is better to deal with these issues in-person with someone that you can actually explain your specific situation to, than it is to deal with some general pre-recorded system on hold and then get an unhelpful live person on the phone. It must be a relief for you to know that something is being done for your case, and that you got the I-551 stamp just in case.

Hope you get your "corrected" 10yr green card in the mail soon too, Jamie!

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

~Jamie

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.