Alex7892

Interview before Medical?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

just wondering if anybody can clear this one up for me:

A week or so ago I arranged a medical in Knightsbridge for the the 23rd of this month - I then filled this information on the checklist from packet 3 and returned it, as instructed, to the Embassy where they would get back to me with an interview date.

Today I received a letter from the Embassy confirming my interview date will be on the 14th of this month but all the documentation I have with me or have seen on various websites states that the medical must take place BEFORE the interview.

Little bit confused over this and curious as to whether anybody else also had their interview first.

Thanks!

I would imagine that they would do the interview and the visa will be sent out once satisfactory medical results have been received

Good luck with the interview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes like Stinky Monkey said, the embassy will probably approve you pending the medical results. Once you have your medical it will be about four days before the embassy receive the result.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can you reschedule the medical to be before the interview? Otherwise they will interview you but not make a final decision until after they receive the results of the medical.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Can you reschedule the medical to be before the interview? Otherwise they will interview you but not make a final decision until after they receive the results of the medical.

Technically I could reschedule the interview but either way I guess the visa approval is partially dependent on the medical anyway so I guess in hindsight it's not particularly important that the interview is first.

Thanks for all the answers, much appreciated!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

just wondering if anybody can clear this one up for me:

A week or so ago I arranged a medical in Knightsbridge for the the 23rd of this month - I then filled this information on the checklist from packet 3 and returned it, as instructed, to the Embassy where they would get back to me with an interview date.

Today I received a letter from the Embassy confirming my interview date will be on the 14th of this month but all the documentation I have with me or have seen on various websites states that the medical must take place BEFORE the interview.

Little bit confused over this and curious as to whether anybody else also had their interview first.

Thanks!

hello there,i know u should have ur medical first before the interview,let say u already have ur interview date at the embassy u should go at the affiliated hospital were u can have ur medical exam a week before the interview and then u should bring some requirements(but am not sure what are those)and ofcourse the payment and then they will be the one who wil forward the medical result at the embassy..i hope this will help u.God bless

Cheers Alex,

Yes it is fine, in the UK sub topic fourm you can get more info on how this works, there are people there that have done this, tis not a problem, just that your VISA will not be approved until results come in from Knightsbridge which takes about three days from medical.

Alot of good info there if your curious otherwise god speed. Make sure you call KNIGHTSBRIDGE tho about three days after to make sure you passed medical (they usually call you if there is a problem but call anyways).

Godspeed and Good Luck

p.s when u have medical, you just need passport, your NVC number (interivew letter would be sweet) any vac records (if you dont have dont worry your going to get a few jabs in the arm) and if you have ever had any problems in the past for certain issues, something from your doctor stating your good to go. I think my husband had one required photo also - but cant remember but again go to UK thread for full reviews on Knightsbridge. Oh yeah, credit card or MONEYYYYYYYY!

The pub across the street is great also for afterwards to numb the experience altho they are quick, efficient and in most cases quite pleasant! Not the pub lol, the doctors lol

Edited by SusieK

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.