Wogan

Medical exam and self harm

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I received package 3 in the mail a few days ago, and the form about the medical exam has me a little bit worried. When I was a teenager I cut myself on my legs and arms, and I have some pretty big scars. It was a long time ago and I've not repeated it since. I see there's a question about self-harm on the form. Will it effect my chances of passing the medical? What's likely to happen?

You might need a statement from your doctor saying that you are ok and that you don't do it anymore.

Yes that is a definite answer - there is case like that right now in the UK where they are held up at CDC for that reason after interview (AP)

Good Luck

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Not sure you have to mention at all really, Terry (sorry, couldn't resist). Can't you just say you had a car smash or something? And that's only if they ask at the medical, of course. It's not really anyone else's business anyhoo, right?

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Not sure you have to mention at all really, Terry (sorry, couldn't resist). Can't you just say you had a car smash or something? And that's only if they ask at the medical, of course. It's not really anyone else's business anyhoo, right?

Thats bad advice...NEVER lie!

Theyre doctors and would def know what a car crash scars and self harm scars were. Just tell truth and youll be fine, its more for your benifit that they wanna know. Just get a statement from doctor and ur good to go! Its not like ur a heroin addict......

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I think its common practise with British teens

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thats bad advice...NEVER lie!

Theyre doctors and would def know what a car crash scars and self harm scars were. Just tell truth and youll be fine, its more for your benifit that they wanna know. Just get a statement from doctor and ur good to go! Its not like ur a heroin addict......

When an immigration official at the POE asks you the purpose of your vist, never lie.

When the CO at the embassy asks you various timeline questions regarding your relationship, never lie.

When a deranged maniac with a pair of rusty scissors in one hand, and your nutsack in the other, asks you if you're scared, never lie.

When some doctor asks you how you got scars on your body...................tell them whatever you like. How exactly are they going to prove otherwise? Sure, they may well have their suspicions, but so what? If someone asks me why my right wrist seems much more contorted than my left, am I gonna tell them it's due to too much wanking? Am I bollox...........

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Problem here is that Knightsbridge will report findings to Embassy and will want a doctors statement from you satisfying that you are ok, but our mates did that and they are now at CDC in Atlanta in AP - ya just never know, good luck. It is an issue dont be fooled.

I think its common practise with British teens

After the last two weeks probably a common practice with Americans on Wall Street also

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

08/10Received

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Timeline

I don't think I could pass them off as anything other than self-inflicted, unless I happened to crash my car into a knife factory ;)

I haven't even seen my doctor in years, so I don't see how a note from him really proves anything. I'm sure the conversation will be great: "Hey, I used to self harm when I was 16, but now I don't, so can I have a note to prove it?".

Still, if there's one thing I've learnt from this visa business it's how to jump through hoops.

Please avoid any problems before you get to NVC- go to doctor get write up that you are mentally ok etc etc., but again, this wont be a time for jumping thru hoops, they take it seriously mate - Please if you are serious, look at Guiness69 and what has happened there.

I only wish you the best, but dont presume it will be ok and of course never ever lie, it could have been years ago as was the case of Guiness, but it seems to be a sticky point for the embassy (and yes this was London) -

Tis better to be prepared and pass then not be prepared and get hammered with AR or AP.

God Speed

www.orlando4obama.com

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

08/10Received

Timeline
I don't think I could pass them off as anything other than self-inflicted, unless I happened to crash my car into a knife factory ;)

I haven't even seen my doctor in years, so I don't see how a note from him really proves anything. I'm sure the conversation will be great: "Hey, I used to self harm when I was 16, but now I don't, so can I have a note to prove it?".

Still, if there's one thing I've learnt from this visa business it's how to jump through hoops.

He'll probably check your records, make sure there is nothing there, and say sure! All you need to do is ask.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.