trieuminh

waiting for approval notice

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

I got married with America citizen , my husband sent off paperwork to chicago lockbox and now we got receipt number and receipt notice from cali center.

My husband told me that now we have to wait for approval notice .... I d like to know that frow now on what we have to do ? to preapre about paperwork. And how long will we get approval notice ?

Please show me , thanks

Minh

Hi,

I got married with America citizen , my husband sent off paperwork to chicago lockbox and now we got receipt number and receipt notice from cali center.

My husband told me that now we have to wait for approval notice .... I d like to know that frow now on what we have to do ? to preapre about paperwork. And how long will we get approval notice ?

Please show me , thanks

Minh

Hi..usually it'll take 2-3 months waiting for approval :)

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
HI, But what we have to prepare first . We want our paperwork is done quicky

Hi Minh,

You can read the informations from this link to have your papers prepared:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...ly_Requested%29

and fill in your timeline to have idea how long it would take until your approval.

Peace

MyTimeline: CR1/IR1 visa

USCIS:

8/20/07: Got Marriage Certificate

8/22/07: Wedding

10/16/07: Sent I-130 to VSC

1/14/08: Receipt date

1/15/08: Money Order cashed

8/6/08: Notice date (transferred to CSC by USCIS)

8/11/08: Touched (current status: this case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred)

8/12/08: Touched

9/2/08: Touched

9/3/08: Touched --> APPROVED (CRIS email)

9/4/08: Touched

NVC:

9/10/08: NVC Received

9/11/08: Case # assigned

9/15/08: DS-3032 and I-846 bill generated

9/16/08: DS-3032 email and hard copy sent (auto response received in 3 minutes)

9/18/08: NVC received DS-3032, hard copy (received email responese on 9/23/08)

9/18/08: Received AOS bill and DS-3032

9/21/08: Paid AOS fee online

9/24/08: Paid IV fee online

9/26/08: Sent AOS and IV packages

9/29/08: Received IV bill hardcopy (already paid online)

9/29/08: NVC received AOS and IV packages

10/07/08: CASE COMPLETE (27 days)

12/1/08: INTERVIEW

Timeline

Hi Minh,

and fill in your timeline to have idea how long it would take until your approval.

Peace

Hi Canaleena,

Thanks for your information, and your paperwork is done soon ? i know someone who just got 10 months to done paperwork and have interview. i do not know why so ?

MInh

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi Minh,

Peace

Hi Canaleena,

Thanks for your information, and your paperwork is done soon ? i know someone who just got 10 months to done paperwork and have interview. i do not know why so ?

MInh

Hi canaleena,

where are y ? help me sths please

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi,

Please show me , thanks

Minh

Hi Minh,

There are two stages:

1/ USCIS : that is you're in waiting mode now. About 2-4 months from now, they will send your husband a letter (NOA2) as approval. You can check the status online by creating your login & use your case #:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

If you see the date that you file was opened for processing is changed, it's called 'touched', it's a good sign.

Hopefully, you won't get any RFE (Return For Error) during this phase

2/ NVC: After NOA2 (approval) is sent, your case will be forwarded to NVC for further processing.

During this phase, There are 3 forms to submit

DS-2030

I-864

DS-230

It will take about 30-45 days to complete this phase provided no RFE.

Read James' shortcut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...'s_Shortcut

Once NOA2 is received, you should obtain a police record from local police "Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap" if you're Vietnamese then send it to your husband. Read James shortcut

Timeline
Hi,

Please show me , thanks

Minh

Hi Minh,

There are two stages:

1/ USCIS : that is you're in waiting mode now. About 2-4 months from now, they will send your husband a letter (NOA2) as approval. You can check the status online by creating your login & use your case #:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

If you see the date that you file was opened for processing is changed, it's called 'touched', it's a good sign.

Hopefully, you won't get any RFE (Return For Error) during this phase

2/ NVC: After NOA2 (approval) is sent, your case will be forwarded to NVC for further processing.

During this phase, There are 3 forms to submit

DS-2030

I-864

DS-230

It will take about 30-45 days to complete this phase provided no RFE.

Read James' shortcut

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...'s_Shortcut

Once NOA2 is received, you should obtain a police record from local police "Phieu Ly Lich Tu Phap" if you're Vietnamese then send it to your husband. Read James shortcut

Thanks for your help . Can i prepare 3 these forms before i get NOA2 for NVC ? and where i can get these forms ....because we want to save time ....

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello,

It has been 3 months since my husband sent off paperwork . Now we still have nothing .

join the club! tho mines been over 7 months

Date of I-751 = 03/05/2011

NOA Date = 3/08/2011

Biometrics = 04/11/2011

Approved = 09/08/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hi,

Please show me , thanks

Minh

Go to the links in my signature they are very helpful.

Helpful Links:

Loto's CR-1/IR-1 Guide

LingChe NVC ShortCut

Igor's List

Our Timeline:

09/26/2008 Became USC

10/13/2008 Got married

USCIS

10/20/2008 I-130 Sent to Chicago lock box

10/21/2008 I-130 Received at Chicago lock box

10/27/2008 I-130 NOA-1 Date

10/29/2008 I-130 Touched

02/09/2009 I-130 Touched

02/10/2009 I-130 Approved!!! YAHHH BABY!!!

Total: 105 Days after NOA1

NVC

02/13/2009 Case Number Assigned

02/18/2009 DS-3032 Generated

02/18/2009 DS-3032 Emailed and Mailed Overnight (generated bar code using Wiki Guide)

02/18/2009 AOS bill mailed from NVC

02/20/2009 DS-3032 Entered in NVC system

02/21/2009 Received AOS bill

02/21/2009 Paid AOS and IV bills online

02/24/2009 Sent AOS and IV packages to NVC

03/10/2009 Case COMPLETE at NVC Finally

Total: 25 Days after case # assigned

Interview Date: 05/13/2009

• 6 months later...
Timeline
Hi,

Please show me , thanks

Minh

Go to the links in my signature they are very helpful.

hey ,

I do not know how to say about my case , As what my husband told me that he did send i 864 form and pay money from march 2009, but until now we get nothing from nvc .

Well, my husband told me that NVC told him they sent us package to fill for paperwork. But my husband did not get them ? i cant picture that the mailling system of us is bad .

Now my husband keep going to tell me that NVC will email to him and let him know about what he has to do . I have nothing about this .

I do not know when my paperwork is completed and when i have interview date , please show me how to do .

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

hello,

I got 2 emails from NVC such as :

the first email ;

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter contains instructions for processing the immigrant visa case of XXXX XXXX . We

have received all necessary Immigrant Visa fees for this case.

Each traveling applicant must now complete Applicant Document Processing. Please go to the Department of

State website at the following address: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. Click on the Applicant Document

Processing link and follow the instructions.

Please pay close attention to the requirements for police certificates found on the referenced web pages. In some

cases, there may be specific Police Certificate Request forms that must be submitted in order to properly request

and obtain the applicable Police Certificate(s) based on your residence history.

As part of the Applicant Document Process, each traveling applicant will be required to return a DS-230,

Application for Immigrant Visa, to the National Visa Center at the following address.

You MUST RETURN THIS PAGE along with the requested documents to:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

To avoid processing delays when returning documents to the National Visa Center:

Write the applicant's case number in the upper right-hand corner of ALL documents

DO NOT attach documents for other cases to this page

DO NOT send information for other cases in the same envelope without attaching the National Visa Center's letter to the

front of each case's documents

HCM2007XXXXXX

HCM2007XXXXXX

FOR FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS: If this is a family-based visa case, then the petitioner,

XXXX XXXX XXXX ,should pay the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Fee and complete an Affidavit of

Support (I-864) form.

The second email :

The National Visa Center has received the requested Affidavit of Support processing fee for this case.

A letter was mailed to the Petitioner or Attorney of Record requesting the amendment of previously submitted sponsor forms and/or required sponsorship documents that have not been submitted. The documents listed on the letter and/or the form amendments must be submitted to the National Visa Center in order to complete the processing of this petition.

If the petitioner/sponsor/household member needs another form: please visit www.ImmigrantVisas.State.Gov to download a copy of the I-864 and/or the instructions. If you do not have access to the internet, you may wish to visit your local library or an internet café.

We are waiting for the form DS-230 (Application for Immigrant Visa). The applicant must complete this form and send it to this office so that we may continue processing this file.

Please visit www.ImmigrantVisas.State.Gov, Applicant Document Processing, to download a copy of the DS-230 and/or the instructions. If you do not have access to the internet, you may wish to visit your local library or an internet café.

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY TOLD ME ABOUT WHICH ONE , PAID FOR $70 OR PAID FOR $400. oR THEY GOT BOTH OF THEM . AND WHAT I HAVE TO DO THE NEXT STEPS , PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

THANKS

Edited by trieuminh

hello,

the first email ;

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter contains instructions for processing the immigrant visa case of XXXX XXXX . We

Each traveling applicant must now complete Applicant Document Processing. Please go to the Department of

State website at the following address: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. Click on the Applicant Document

Please pay close attention to the requirements for police certificates found on the referenced web pages. In some

cases, there may be specific Police Certificate Request forms that must be submitted in order to properly request

and obtain the applicable Police Certificate(s) based on your residence history.

As part of the Applicant Document Process, each traveling applicant will be required to return a DS-230,

Application for Immigrant Visa, to the National Visa Center at the following address.

National Visa Center

To avoid processing delays when returning documents to the National Visa Center:

Write the applicant's case number in the upper right-hand corner of ALL documents

DO NOT send information for other cases in the same envelope without attaching the National Visa Center's letter to the

HCM2007XXXXXX

HCM2007XXXXXX

FOR FAMILY-BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS: If this is a family-based visa case, then the petitioner,

XXXX XXXX XXXX ,should pay the Affidavit of Support (I-864) Fee and complete an Affidavit of

Support (I-864) form.

The second email :

The National Visa Center has received the requested Affidavit of Support processing fee for this case.

A letter was mailed to the Petitioner or Attorney of Record requesting the amendment of previously submitted sponsor forms and/or required sponsorship documents that have not been submitted. The documents listed on the letter and/or the form amendments must be submitted to the National Visa Center in order to complete the processing of this petition.

If the petitioner/sponsor/household member needs another form: please visit www.ImmigrantVisas.State.Gov to download a copy of the I-864 and/or the instructions. If you do not have access to the internet, you may wish to visit your local library or an internet café.

We are waiting for the form DS-230 (Application for Immigrant Visa). The applicant must complete this form and send it to this office so that we may continue processing this file.

Please visit www.ImmigrantVisas.State.Gov, Applicant Document Processing, to download a copy of the DS-230 and/or the instructions. If you do not have access to the internet, you may wish to visit your local library or an internet café.

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW THAT THEY TOLD ME ABOUT WHICH ONE , PAID FOR $70 OR PAID FOR $400. oR THEY GOT BOTH OF THEM . AND WHAT I HAVE TO DO THE NEXT STEPS , PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

THANKS

Okay>> So you did pay the $70 and $400. Then your next step is to send the form DS-3032(CHOICE OF AGENT), I-864 (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) then the DS-230( APPLICATION FOR VISA) go to WIKI LINK and search for Lingche shortcut...it will guide you there

Timeline
hello,

the first email ;

Dear Sir/Madam:

National Visa Center

HCM2007XXXXXX

HCM2007XXXXXX

Support (I-864) form.

The second email :

THANKS

Okay>> So you did pay the $70 and $400. Then your next step is to send the form DS-3032(CHOICE OF AGENT), I-864 (AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT) then the DS-230( APPLICATION FOR VISA) go to WIKI LINK and search for Lingche shortcut...it will guide you there

Thank you so much.,,,,,,,,,,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.