KIMCORENE

AOS FILERS: OCTOBER 2008

1,943 posts in this topic

I got browned off and called USCIS.

They put in a service request for my EAD as they said it was approaching the deadline. I got pretty excited. Then they said it would be up to 45 days until they got in touch with me concerning the service request.

So, anyone any experience with this? will this hold me up another 45 days?

My and my big fat phone ....

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wont take as long as 45 days- I called on the 11th and my notice was mailed on the 23rd. Don't worry!

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Filed: Country: Belize
Timeline
Recieved my wife EAD card today (expires 12/12/09).

Called up SS to verify what document are needed and was told that my wife can not get ss because her B1 Visa is now expired. The lady stated that I need to call IRS to get a tax Id. Was hoping that someone knows a little more and can give us some tips. Was planning on going to SS office with Foreign Passport, EAD card and try our luck.

Brief history

Wife entered legally was inspected on a B1/B2 visa. Then she overstayed and now her visa expired last month. Not sure if she can get SS but wanted to try anyway. Any input appreciated.

Also we wanted to get a Non-drivers Id so she doesnt have to carry her passport around and in NY they require an SS.

Happy Holidays everyone .

More update on our progress.

Went to Social Security today with:

1-EAD CARD

2-BIRTH CERTIFICATE

3-MARRIAGE LICENSE

4-PASSPORT

Passport had the original name so brought marriage license as proof of new name.

Took us about 1hr to get through security but once we got in took 10mins and it went smooth.

We didnt need i-94 or valid visa which was our major concern just the items listed above. So in 2 weeks

wife should have her SS# (valid only with EAD).

Immigration Journey

09/15/08- Married my Wife.

10/07/08- Sent out I-130, I-485, GR-325A, I-864, I-765, I-693 Evidence of Marriage.

10/09/08- Package arrives in Chicago.

10/16/08- Money Orders Cashed. $930, $80, $355

10/20/08- NOA Received for I-130, I-485, I-765

10/27/08- (I-130) -- TOUCHED

10/28/08- Received Biometric Appointment for 11/07/08

11/07/08- Completed Biometrics. 30mins in and out.

11/07/08- Both I-485 and I-765 touched. Looks like it was touched/updated due to biometrics.

11/24/08- Requested I-765 Expedite.

11/28/08- Received Interview date for 01/28/09 @12:30pm/ garden city, ny.

12/08/08- I-765 updated on USCIS. Ordered production of your new card. Think expedite worked.

12/18/08- EAD CARD RECEIVED (expires 12/12/09)

12/30/08- Applied for SS with EAD, Birth Certificate, Marriage License, Passport no i-94 or valid visa was needed.

1/28/09- Conditional Green card approved. Passport stamp I-551.

11/8/10- (I-751) Removal of conditions received in Vermont. $545.00 Sent

11/17/10- Received I-751 Receipt dated 11/9/10.

12/29/10- Recieved NOA for biometrics on 1/18/2011 , 1PM. Woodside, NY location.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Called up SS to verify what document are needed and was told that my wife can not get ss because her B1 Visa is now expired. The lady stated that I need to call IRS to get a tax Id. Was hoping that someone knows a little more and can give us some tips. Was planning on going to SS office with Foreign Passport, EAD card and try our luck.

Brief history

Wife entered legally was inspected on a B1/B2 visa. Then she overstayed and now her visa expired last month. Not sure if she can get SS but wanted to try anyway. Any input appreciated.

Also we wanted to get a Non-drivers Id so she doesnt have to carry her passport around and in NY they require an SS.

1-EAD CARD

2-BIRTH CERTIFICATE

3-MARRIAGE LICENSE

4-PASSPORT

Passport had the original name so brought marriage license as proof of new name.

Took us about 1hr to get through security but once we got in took 10mins and it went smooth.

We didnt need i-94 or valid visa which was our major concern just the items listed above. So in 2 weeks

Hello, I've noticed under your signature that you expedite the process of your I-765. How did you do this? What are the basis to expedite the process? Thanks.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Brief history

1-EAD CARD

2-BIRTH CERTIFICATE

3-MARRIAGE LICENSE

4-PASSPORT

Hello, I've noticed under your signature that you expedite the process of your I-765. How did you do this? What are the basis to expedite the process? Thanks.

Hey everyone, happy holidays to everyone in here and hope you had a good one. Congrads on the recent EAD and AP approvals everyone, I know that 2008 has been a great yr for me personally because of my smooth immigration journey. I have some very good news to share with all of the Oct. filers :D.

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I received a very nice email from my friend CRIS today and I am totally excited. I have a whole bunch of stuff, I have to do, I got to get a SSN, look for a job, prepare for my interview and all that fun stuff first. I am excited that, I can finally get out there. I hope everyone in here will receive good news really soon and be patient, you will hear something. Happy New Years to everyone in here and hope you have a good and safe one.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/23/2011.....................Package was received(Day 3)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

09/24/2011.....................Received 10yr green card in the mail.

My window for Citizenship 05/20/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Brief history

1-EAD CARD

2-BIRTH CERTIFICATE

3-MARRIAGE LICENSE

4-PASSPORT

Hey everyone, happy holidays to everyone in here and hope you had a good one. Congrads on the recent EAD and AP approvals everyone, I know that 2008 has been a great yr for me personally because of my smooth immigration journey. I have some very good news to share with all of the Oct. filers :D.

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I received a very nice email from my friend CRIS today and I am totally excited. I have a whole bunch of stuff, I have to do, I got to get a SSN, look for a job, prepare for my interview and all that fun stuff first. I am excited that, I can finally get out there. I hope everyone in here will receive good news really soon and be patient, you will hear something. Happy New Years to everyone in here and hope you have a good and safe one.

That's great news! Congrats!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Hello all!

I'm a little late in finding this thread, but thought I would chime in since we are October Filers as well. We had Biometrics a little over a month ago and are hoping for news soon! It's great to read all your updates and see progress for so many others with similar timelines. :star:

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Got my EAD approval e-mail today! The end of October filers will all hear good news soon I'm sure of it :)

Happy New Year to everyone! :dance:

Applying for Citizenship

17th January 2012 Sent in N-400 application

24th January 2012 Received conformation e-mail from USCIS

25th January 2012 Cheque cashed

13th February 2012 Biometrics appointment

5th March 2012 Received e-mail I am in line for interview scheduling

8th March 2012 Received letter for interview

12th April 2012 Interview date-approved

10th May 2012 Oath ceremony

Got my EAD approval e-mail today! The end of October filers will all hear good news soon I'm sure of it :)

Congrads Fuzzymiss for getting your EAD approved :D I also got my EAD approved yesterday too. A very nice way to end the yr and Happy New Year to you and everyone. :dance:

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

Filed: Timeline

Got my EAD approval email today too!! OMG I am in utter shock.. totally unbelievable... What a way to end the year! So so so happy!!! Late October filers its our turn to celebrate :dance::D

Congrats Fuzzymiss,

Congrats Canadianmade

I can imagine the joy you feel right now!

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 27, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to the Chicago Lock Box

Oct 28, 2008- Delivered

Nov 7, 2008- NOA AOS/EAD/AP received

Nov 10, 2008- Biometrics letter received scheduled for Nov 28, 2008

Nov 13, 2008- Biometrics Walk in - all Hackensack NJ all done and dusted !

Nov 23, 2008 - RFE for marriage certificate-- are you kidding me?? This was included in my package. How annoying!!

NOv 24, 2008- Response for RFE mailed via express mail

Nov 25, 2008- Case processing resumed

Dec 31, 2008- Received email from CRIS EAD card production ordered. Thank you Lord!!!! YAY YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH WOOO HOOO

Jan 3, 2009- AP approval email received

Jan 7, 2009 - 2nd email from CRIS EAD production ordered... Send the damn card already... Jeez the wait is killing me

Jan 9, 2009- EAD Approval email

Jan12, 2009- AP comes in the mail

Jan 13,2009- EAD comes in the mail, FINALLY!!

April 20, 2009- AOS Interview- Approved

Got my EAD approval email today too!! OMG I am in utter shock.. totally unbelievable... What a way to end the year! So so so happy!!! Late October filers its our turn to celebrate :dance::D

Congrats Fuzzymiss,

Congrats Canadianmade

Thank you CrystalBlue and congrads to you too on getting your EAD approved. :dance: It definately is a good way to end the year. I can only imagine you are very happy and your interview letter is on its way :D. What a journey I tell you and what line of work are you going into if you dont mind me asking? Our staying at home days everyday is near to an end. Anyways Happy New Year to you.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Timeline

Congrats Fuzzymiss,

Congrats Canadianmade

Thank you CrystalBlue and congrads to you too on getting your EAD approved. :dance: It definately is a good way to end the year. I can only imagine you are very happy and your interview letter is on its way :D. What a journey I tell you and what line of work are you going into if you dont mind me asking? Our staying at home days everyday is near to an end. Anyways Happy New Year to you.

Thank you Canadianmade... our days of staying at home are finally coming to an end.. I am bursting with happiness right now.. As for my line of work, I am an IT analyst. I hope to get my claws back in soonest. What about you?

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 27, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to the Chicago Lock Box

Oct 28, 2008- Delivered

Nov 7, 2008- NOA AOS/EAD/AP received

Nov 10, 2008- Biometrics letter received scheduled for Nov 28, 2008

Nov 13, 2008- Biometrics Walk in - all Hackensack NJ all done and dusted !

Nov 23, 2008 - RFE for marriage certificate-- are you kidding me?? This was included in my package. How annoying!!

NOv 24, 2008- Response for RFE mailed via express mail

Nov 25, 2008- Case processing resumed

Dec 31, 2008- Received email from CRIS EAD card production ordered. Thank you Lord!!!! YAY YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH WOOO HOOO

Jan 3, 2009- AP approval email received

Jan 7, 2009 - 2nd email from CRIS EAD production ordered... Send the damn card already... Jeez the wait is killing me

Jan 9, 2009- EAD Approval email

Jan12, 2009- AP comes in the mail

Jan 13,2009- EAD comes in the mail, FINALLY!!

April 20, 2009- AOS Interview- Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 31, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Another email that my that they sent an approval notice for my EAD. Wow, USCIS really want to clear up there desk before the year ends.

Thank you lord and God Bless October Filers.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Irene & David :star:

I-130

December 20, 2007 - Form I-130 Sent

February 15, 2008 - NOA 1 Received

May 5, 2008 - NOA 2 Received (I-130 appoved) (yeheey, thanks God! )

I-129F

December 20, 2007 - Form 1-129F Sent (California Service Center)

February 15, 2008 - NOA 1 Received

May 6, 2008 - RFE (Passport photo)

May 20, 2008 - RFE (Passport Photo) sent to California Service Center

June 2, 2008 - RFE was received by California Service Center

June 3, 2008 - Touched

June 6, 2008 - Touched

June 13, 2008 - NOA 2 (Finally...Thanks God!)

USEM

July 28-29. 2008 - Medical at SLEC (passed)

August 19, 2008 - Interview at 7:00AM (Thank you Lord, it's a PINK SLIP)

August 27, 2008 - Visa on Hand

September 15, 2008 - Flight to Seattle (Port of Entry LAX)

AOS

October 18, 2008 - Sent Form I-485 & I-765 to Chicago Lockbox

October 21, 2008 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

October 27, 2008 - Cashed Check

October 27, 2008 - NOA 1 for I-485 & I-765

November 25, 2008 - Schedule Biometrics for I-485 & I-765

December 29, 2008 - EAD Card Production

December 31, 2008 - EAD approval sent

January 2, 2009 - EAD arrived in Mail

January 27, 2009 - Interview

February 7, 2009 - Welcome Letter Received

February 17, 2009 - Green Card Recevied (Finally! Thanks God)

Congrats Fuzzymiss,

Congrats Canadianmade

Thank you Canadianmade... our days of staying at home are finally coming to an end.. I am bursting with happiness right now.. As for my line of work, I am an IT analyst. I hope to get my claws back in soonest. What about you?

Your welcome CrystalBlue. Reality sure is hitting home but hey, I am more than rested and ready to get out there and work. I can believe it, I am on cloud nine right now with all the news I have gotten myself. Aww IT right on and I do hope you do get work in your field. I have a degree in Accounting from Canada and I havent really put my degree to work because I honestly didnt have much interest in it and till this day dont even know why I took the program. My line of work is basically customer service, so I am aiming towards that line of work for now. I do plan on going back to school to get my bachelors degree in social work while I am working, as I always wanted to get into that, as I do love to work and help people. Anyways thanks again and good luck to you.

Removal of Conditions

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 31, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Another email that my that they sent an approval notice for my EAD. Wow, USCIS really want to clear up there desk before the year ends.

Thank you lord and God Bless October Filers.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Irene & David :star:

Congrads Irene & David for getting your EAD approved, I can imagine you guys are so happy to receive such good news before the end of the year. :dance: Your right, it seems that USCIS wants to get rid of peitions and paperwork for the end of the year. Happy New Years to you guys. BTW can you please share your experience after your interview?

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.