MPQ126

Waiting on NOA2 and going to visit my fiance

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone. I hope someone can give me some advice.

Me and my fiance have recieved NOA1 a couple months ago. Im visiting him in 2 days and I was wondering if I need to bring copies of all documents for our petition form.

I already got "Employment Certificate" letter and "Certificate of leave" letter from my company. Also I have a resident record of the city Im living and a copy of NOA1 letter.

Is it still better to have copies of all documents for our I-129F ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my fiance have recieved NOA1 a couple months ago. Im visiting him in 2 days and I was wondering if I need to bring copies of all documents for our petition form.

I already got "Employment Certificate" letter and "Certificate of leave" letter from my company. Also I have a resident record of the city Im living and a copy of NOA1 letter.

It might be a catch 22. The I-129f may increase your chance of denied entry.

YMMV

Timeline

It might be a catch 22. The I-129f may increase your chance of denied entry.

Yes I understand the lisk but Im willing to take that chance. Im visiting him for his BD.

I had an iterview with American embassy here about 3 weeks to get B2 visa (tourlist visa) and they gave me 1year B2 visa too actually.

Anyway thank you for your advice :)

Edited by honeybear0725

I am off to the states for Christmas

I am taking a letter from my emplyer and a copy of my return ticket, I live in my family home so dont have a lease or mortguage but if I had I would take that.

I will not volunteer to immigration that I am in the process of obtaing a K1 visa but if asked I will be honest

Lots of people travel while in this process, there is a small risk of not being allowed entry but a risk worth taking, as long as you have spent more time in your home country than the states the risk is quite small

Have fun on your trip

Timeline

As we are all aware... A visa whether it is a single or multi use or a one year or ten year does not guaranty entry into the USA.

There is a difference between taking a risk of the journey and a risk of the type of evidence you supply the CBP officer, if asked.

The CBP officer is concerned about strong ties to your home country.... Showing the I-129F does exactly the opposite. It shows you have an intention or desire to immigrate.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
I am off to the states for Christmas

I am taking a letter from my emplyer and a copy of my return ticket, I live in my family home so dont have a lease or mortguage but if I had I would take that.

I will not volunteer to immigration that I am in the process of obtaing a K1 visa but if asked I will be honest

Lots of people travel while in this process, there is a small risk of not being allowed entry but a risk worth taking, as long as you have spent more time in your home country than the states the risk is quite small

Have fun on your trip

Thank you for your advice!

Do you think it is a bad idea to volunteer to immigration that I am in the process of obtaing K1 Visa?

Im planning to tell immigration officer that I came to the states to visit my fiance if he /she asks me what my purpose for this trip is.

Im a bit confused........... when you go through immigration at airport ,if an officer scan my passport does it pop on a computer screen that I am in the process of obtaing K1 visa ?

Edited by honeybear0725

Timeline
Do you think it is a bad idea to volunteer to immigration that I am in the process of obtaing K1 Visa?

Im planning to tell immigration officer that I came to the states to visit my fiance if he /she asks me what my purpose for this trip is.

Im a bit confused........... when you go through immigration at airport ,if an officer scan my passport does it pop on a computer screen that I am in the process of obtaing K1 visa ?

Volunteering? Yes

What about you are here for the holidays and are visiting a friend? or boyfriend?

Some confusion, but it appears they do not have such information.

YMMV

Timeline

Volunteering? Yes

What about you are here for the holidays and are visiting a friend? or boyfriend?

Some confusion, but it appears they do not have such information.

Thank you for your help again.

Well I have this 1year B2 Visa attached on my passport and when I requested my fiance Visa I put my Fiance's apartment address as where I will be staying.

And I also had to write that my fiance has filled a petition for K1 Visa for me.

So now Im worried that if I tell immigration officer that I come to the states to Visit my friend or boyriend when I already have this B2 visa.(Which I dont really need cuz I could have just used VWP and get 3 months stay)

Dont volunteer unless asked is the safe route always

Good luck godspeed

Thank you for your help again.

Well I have this 1year B2 Visa attached on my passport and when I requested my fiance Visa I put my Fiance's apartment address as where I will be staying.

And I also had to write that my fiance has filled a petition for K1 Visa for me.

So now Im worried that if I tell immigration officer that I come to the states to Visit my friend or boyriend when I already have this B2 visa.(Which I dont really need cuz I could have just used VWP and get 3 months stay)

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

I am going to tell the immigration that I am visiting my boy for the holidays, if they ask me to elaborate then of course I will tell them my fiance I will not say that I am here to see family or friends I will be honest.

I will take evidence of my ties to the UK and will produce them if asked I will not volunteer this unless requested.

I do realise that even if I was not going through the K1 process I could still get tured away on the waiver programme

I have seen lots of members are going to visit their loved ones for the holidays and I am going to be one of them

Shaz

Timeline
I am going to tell the immigration that I am visiting my boy for the holidays, if they ask me to elaborate then of course I will tell them my fiance I will not say that I am here to see family or friends I will be honest.

Your "boy" is not your friend? :whistle:

YMMV

Your "boy" is not your friend? :whistle:

yes he is, he is actually besides the love of my life (yes pass the bucket ha ha) but my best friend

I just thought if I said boy instead of fiance it is not exactly lieing and as I get there Christmas Eve they might just might be in the Christmas spirit and not give me a hard time.

I am nervous about it already but worrying is not gonna change a thing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I have visited the US, to see my fiancee on the VWP, and told the officer at immigration that I was to see my fiancee. I believe he asked about the K-1, and I just told him that we were looking to apply for it soon (which was the truth).

He wasn't interested in seeing any information, other than my passport and flight/travel itinerary. I'm sure it comes down to where you enter in the country, and who you get.

As we are all aware... A visa whether it is a single or multi use or a one year or ten year does not guaranty entry into the USA.

There is a difference between taking a risk of the journey and a risk of the type of evidence you supply the CBP officer, if asked.

The CBP officer is concerned about strong ties to your home country.... Showing the I-129F does exactly the opposite. It shows you have an intention or desire to immigrate.

I just wanted to follow up with this... I've read on several other threads that having the I-129F materials with you is a GOOD thing--that shows you are following the legal route to immigration. Is this no longer the case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.