Flames9_RN

Traffic lights!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lights are now up. Took over 24 hrs to fix!! There solution to the problem prior to the fix was to sand bag in 2 stop signs on the 2 less travelled sides of the intersection!! No accidents though!! I thought for sure there would be a few!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
LOL! :lol:

This topic has truly made me laugh today. Reason being, when I was in Chicago at the beginning of May, one of my first comments to my Honey when I arrived home (his, hopefully soon to be mine too ;) ) was, "I didn't need Ontario plates for people to know I'm Canadian!". Driving through Chicago was ridiculous (remember, this is coming from someone who lives an hour west of T.O....and I thought it was bad there). People don't use their signal lights, no one lets anyone in, it's all about them and no one else on the road matters. And here I was, the happy, polite Canadian, letting people in, turning on my signal light to change lanes :whistle: (not that it helped me get over at all)....here's hoping someday I can handle driving there! :unsure:

Hugs to all the Canucks!

Tiff

And I thought it's only bad in California. Oh man, I probably shouldn't drive there at all. Anyone wants to buy Mazda 3 GT Sport , 2005? :lol::lol:

Good thing the traffic lights are fixed!

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm from Vancouver myself- so i;m pretty used to people who can't drive.. although denver seems to be a little worse. I can't even count the number of times we've been so close to being in an accident. People don't know how to use their blinkers here.. and they best one, while changing lanes, they can't seem to see that big hunk of metal to the left of them!

Although, amazingly the power outages on the traffic lights are treted as four way stops here in the Denver metro. Actually it could be that at about 10pm the lights that do not cover a major intersection go out.

The one that i really find strange, is the number of people who actually really have no respect for emergancy vehicles.. back home if you were at a red light and one turned on its lights, you booked it through it, and got over on the shoulder as much as possible. People just keep on trucking away here, not too many stop, or attempt to get out of the way.. If they're at a red light.. noone goes, even those who have the right of way. its like.. wow, thats kinda sad.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :lol: (Hi, Scott!) :)

Glad there weren't any accidents..yeah, is SUPPOSED to be a 4-way stop..but ya know..some people just don't know how to drive!! Glad they're fixed! :) M. PS..hope your wifey is feeling better now! (F)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Michelle, yeppers the better half is feeling better!!

Ya I get a kick of people (brain dead people) that dont get out of the way of Emergency vehicles as well!! Or the ones that just stop in their lane, right beside another car in a 2 lane road, completely blocking it off!! lol Yesterday on our way to a BBQ, an ambualnce was going in the opposite direction, most people pulled to the right, so the right lane (ttl of 2 lanes) was full, EXCEPT for 1 old lady going at a snails crawl! Ambualnce was honking horn and she would not pull over (she had plenty of room to do so) soo frustrating to watch!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Guys!

I tell you, I get a big kick out of reading some of these and wonder what sort of adventures I'm in for when I move to Chicago. I know from just driving down there that I'm in for some fun times with some inconsiderate drivers. The last time I was there, my honey and I went out with one of his friends. My goodness!!!!! :help: I thought I was taking my life in my hands....apparently, Americans don't drive near the same as we do....no consideration for each other. And it was amusing to me (I was just telling my dad and stepmom about this last night) that in IL, when you get a speeding ticket, you get the option to go to driving school and it doesn't end up on your record that way. Needless to say, Daniel has been to school a couple of times. It shocked me that you can get away with it that easily. Anyways, hope you all are doing well and the journey is going easily for all the Canucks out there!!!!

HUGS!

"Let your legs carry your body and your heart carry your dreams."

June 19th, 2006 - I129-F sent via Fedex (courtesy of my Honey's work) to arrive using next day delivery

Mid- July - Found out I129-F never left his company but is lost there.....need to gather and try again

August 2006 - Still waiting...maybe not the I-129F route anymore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.