cyberdeep

Consulate needs I-130 docs but won't request from NVC to convert K3 to CR1 interview

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Our I-130 case was completed at NVC but is waiting for a Nov interview date. Chennai consulate has assigned a K3 interview date in Oct already. They are willing to convert that to a CR1 interview if they receive the docs. But NVC won't send the docs until they schedule an interview and consulate won't request the docs!

Sent emails to consulate, spoken to an operator at the consulate...but they say they can't request it. NVC can't do anything about it nor can the state dept. Tried to get an email from NVC stating that the consulate could do it but no replies from NVC. I guess we are just stuck waiting for a Nov interview date now.

How have people been able to get the consulate to request documents from NVC? Has it worked with the Chennai consulate?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I have the same predicament...even contacted congressman for help. No help there…and told to wait until they schedule an interview. My consulate is like 3-4 months behind on scheduling the CR1 interviews.

It's only a matter of sending the (*#&$(*#@& I130 paperwork. It's that simple!?!?! We get no help. I wish they would have told me that before I paid the $470 at NVC!

Looks like they are reverting back to using the K3 for what it was intended…the foreign spouse coming to the US to wait for the I130 processing…OR we dish out the $1010 to adjust in the US.

Good luck to you.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Timeline

Hi cyberdeep,

I was planning the same thing as you from India. From reading your earlier post, you were able to reschedule your K-3 interview. Did you just contact the consulate by email and they rescheduled the date?

Also, what are you going to do regarding the K-3 interview if it doesn't get converted to CR1?

I would contact the NVC again and hope you can get a different operator and try to have them send the docs

Thanks

yeye

Timeline
Hi cyberdeep,

I was planning the same thing as you from India. From reading your earlier post, you were able to reschedule your K-3 interview. Did you just contact the consulate by email and they rescheduled the date?

Also, what are you going to do regarding the K-3 interview if it doesn't get converted to CR1?

I would contact the NVC again and hope you can get a different operator and try to have them send the docs

Thanks

yeye

Yeah, they rescheduled it by email.

Once the CR1 date comes through, I'll probably find out if the K3 date can be rescheduled to be earlier than the CR1 date, and if not, notify them that I will proceed with CR1 instead.

Timeline

cool, thats good news...

if u have questions about the interview in chennai, feel free to ask me, or PM me, as i was just there 2 months ago for my husbands interview...

good luck!

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Send in an expedite request to NVC by email explaining your situation and request. Then call NVC and ask to speak to a supervisor for it to get immediate attention. A lady by the name of Layla handled mine for me. NVC needs agreement from the consulate before they will forward the I-130 for the purpose of catching up with the k3.

Our I-130 case was completed at NVC but is waiting for a Nov interview date. Chennai consulate has assigned a K3 interview date in Oct already. They are willing to convert that to a CR1 interview if they receive the docs. But NVC won't send the docs until they schedule an interview and consulate won't request the docs!

Sent emails to consulate, spoken to an operator at the consulate...but they say they can't request it. NVC can't do anything about it nor can the state dept. Tried to get an email from NVC stating that the consulate could do it but no replies from NVC. I guess we are just stuck waiting for a Nov interview date now.

How have people been able to get the consulate to request documents from NVC? Has it worked with the Chennai consulate?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Send in an expedite request to NVC by email explaining your situation and request. Then call NVC and ask to speak to a supervisor for it to get immediate attention. A lady by the name of Layla handled mine for me. NVC needs agreement from the consulate before they will forward the I-130 for the purpose of catching up with the k3.

Good luck Cyberdeep. I am following same path as you through K3. Although my petitions are just approved so I gues I have to wait couple of months to know what will happen at NVC and Chennai consulate. Please keep us updated. Thanks

Naturalization
CIS Office : Seattle
Date Filed : 2012-05-14
Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-09
Interview Date : 2012-09-24
Approved :2012-09-24

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Office
Date Filed : 2011-02-14
Date received: 2011-02-16
NOA Date : 2011-02-16
Bio. Appt. : 2011-03-16
Interview Date : None
Approved :2011-04-22

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Missouri Service Office
Date Filed : 2008-12-16
Date received: 2008-12-18

NOA Date : 2008-12-23
Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-16
Interview Date : 2009-04-14
Approved :2009-04-14
K-3 Visa
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Chennai, India
Marriage : 2008-07-08
I-130 Sent : 2008-07-31
I-130 NOA1 : 2008-08-06
I-129F Sent : 2008-08-09
I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-26
NVC Received : 2008-10-02
NVC Left : 2008-10-06
Consulate Received : 2008-10-10
Interview Date : 2008-11-21
Visa Received : 2008-12-03
US Entry : 2008-12-04
I-130 Approval : 2008-09-26

US entry after 150 days from our wedding date

FYI, here's a copy of my email with sensitive info. removed. Please send this then ask to speak to a supervisor (e.g. Layla). The ordinary NVC phone operators can't and won't help you:

Subject: MNL2008****** attention supervisor

Date: August 27, 2008 8:05:32 AM MDT

To: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

case: MNL2008******

petitioner: **** ****, 1/8/1968

beneficiary: **** ****** ******, 11/17/1988

phone: 505 *******

reference: expedite request attention supervisor

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently learnt that my case was completed at the NVC as a of 8/22/08. However, my wife (Nova Balili Maligro) has a k3-visa interview scheduled for 9/16/08. Would it be possible for the forwarding of the CR-visa/I130 file to the MNL consulate to be expedited so that the interview can be changed from a k3-visa to a CR-visa?

I have already spoken to a lady at the MNL consulate who informed me that this can be done provided the documents reach MNL before the interview date. My wife has already completed the medical examination and the case number for the k3-visa is MNL2008******.

yours sincerely

**** ******** **** #***

Santa Fe

NM 875**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

ninjarocket

How did the consulate notify NVC to forward the 130 paperwork? Did you contact the consulate first?

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Cyberdeep and or SKLuv,

Do you have any updates on what finally happened? Were you able to convert to a CR-1 interview?

I am considering following the same plan, which is to do the CR-1 and K-3 process in tandem, wait for NVC to have CR-1 processing complete and reschedule the K-3 interview to CR-1 interview. Any updates, tips, advice would be appreciated from anyone!

Thanks,

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Cyberdeep and or SKLuv,

Do you have any updates on what finally happened? Were you able to convert to a CR-1 interview?

I am considering following the same plan, which is to do the CR-1 and K-3 process in tandem, wait for NVC to have CR-1 processing complete and reschedule the K-3 interview to CR-1 interview. Any updates, tips, advice would be appreciated from anyone!

Thanks,

Timeline
Cyberdeep and or SKLuv,

Thanks,

The consulate put my K3 on hold and said they'll just wait for my CR-1 to catchup. Thankfully NVC scheduled a CR-1 interview for Nov and documents should head out to the consulate soon. But the end result is that I wasn't able to get an interview any sooner than the CR-1 interview.

There was a small possibility I could have had my interview earlier. It required careful planning when requesting rescheduling of the K3 interview date such that the documents would have just arrived from NVC. To try I suggest the following:

- Don't indicate CR-1 as the reason for re-scheduling coz they'll just put the K3 on-hold otherwise

- Ask to re-schedule 4 - 5 weeks before the date you expect the consulate to have received the documents from the NVC as they won't give you an new interview date any earlier

- Estimate that the documents will arrive at the consulate about 2 - 3 weeks after an interview date is scheduled by NVC. It's been a week for me so far and it doesn't seem like the documents have even left NVC yet.

- It seems the interview letter gets mailed out right around the day when the interview date is scheduled. So by the time the consulate receives the documents you should have the letter in hand to get the medical stuff taken care of.

When talking to a doctor that does the medical exam it seemed like he couldn't conduct an exam for a CR1 on the basis of a K3 interview letter. I didn't bother pressing on this too much as it wasn't important for me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We're in the K3/CR1 situation. Both our interviews have already been scheduled, and as far as I can tell Moscow has already received our CR1 paperwork.

The K3 interview is on Oct 29th. I've been trying to convert that to a CR1 interview. Unfortunately, I seem to be running into a brick wall. The NVC says they do not deal with expedite interviews once an interview date has been set, so I have to deal with the embassy. The embassy operator told me that they only do expedites due to medical reasons.

So is there a magic trick/word/password I have to say when dealing with the embassy to get them to convert my K3 interview into a CR1? How were you able to do it?

Thanks,

Andrei

I did exactly this.

You need to send an expedite request email to NVC for your I-130 because the k3 interview is already scheduled. Give the case numbers, names, dates of birth in the email. Put the case number and attention supervisor in the subject line. You need to state that the consulate have agreed to do this provided NVC sends the I-130 documents.

Once done, ask to speak to a supervisor at NVC so that your email gets immediate attention (otherwise it will sit there in their inbox unread for 2 weeks). The standard operators might be reluctant to pass you to a supervisor (just as I have heard they are reluctant to let you have the convenience of paying fees online), but do insist. Only a supervisor can authorize an expedite request. Layla was the person who helped me.

Before NVC send the I-130 to the consulate, the NVC has to contact the consulate so that they can agree on an official interview data for the CR/IR visa. This takes time.

Once you arrive at the consulate for your k3 visa, you need to tell them that the I-130 paperwork is on its way, if this is the case. Then the CO might allow your you to switch visas, even after the interview if the k3 is not by that time already approved. Switching visas just requires the DS-230 to be signed in front of a CO.

Good luck!!!!

Since I'm about to hit the road, please check out some of my earlier threads on this matter.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153615

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152923

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152640

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152599

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153358

sorry, here are the threads: good luck!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153615

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152923

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152640

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152599

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=153358

ninjarocket

How did the consulate notify NVC to forward the 130 paperwork? Did you contact the consulate first?

They responded to an email request that was sent from the NVC after my expedited request was received. This takes about a week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.