ShallowShrek

when does the IO's system update?

10 posts in this topic

Not sure what you mean by IO pc?

Once the case is transferred to the local office where you have your interview, the online status enquiry system is no longer updated. That only seems to happen when it is at the service center.

You should normally receive the ceremony appointment by snail mail. Usually you receive that fairly soon unless there are some pending name check issues.

Oddly enough, in my case they contacted the immigration office of my employer (which is a Govt. National Lab.), who then called me and gave me a choice of oath ceremony dates. The oath ceremony appointment letter arrived barely in time: the day before the ceremony. They tend to use the slowest form of postage possible.

after your interview is done for your american citizenship. when does the IO's pc system update? can you find out your oath date? how soon can that info be on their system?

Filed: Timeline
Not sure what you mean by IO pc?

Once the case is transferred to the local office where you have your interview, the online status enquiry system is no longer updated. That only seems to happen when it is at the service center.

You should normally receive the ceremony appointment by snail mail. Usually you receive that fairly soon unless there are some pending name check issues.

Oddly enough, in my case they contacted the immigration office of my employer (which is a Govt. National Lab.), who then called me and gave me a choice of oath ceremony dates. The oath ceremony appointment letter arrived barely in time: the day before the ceremony. They tend to use the slowest form of postage possible.

after your interview is done for your american citizenship. when does the IO's pc system update? can you find out your oath date? how soon can that info be on their system?

I meant after you do your interview with the immigration officer in his/her office and you go home. when does their computer system update with your information.

Edited by ShallowShrek

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Speaking about USCIS jobs, looking for a programmer that deals with the internet, hmmm, maybe I should apply and play solitaire all day for a 100 grand a year. But in regards to updating your case status, best answer I can give from experience is, NEVER. But if you call the USCIS, will tell you to check your case status online.

What you do is walk out to your mailbox, open it, look through all the junk mail, and say, maybe tomorrow. Been there, did that, for over five years. Ha, still looking for letters from the USCIS, think I need to see a psychiatrist. But those letters will eventually come in.

One thing that works, since the USCIS loves to blame the postal department for losing mail, is perhaps their letter to you was lost, can you please check?

my status was never online. i did call 2 or 3 times to ask if the IO sees any IL in his system for me..if i call now will the IO see an oath date or a case decision on their pc?

Probably never in their PC.

Service center people does update the status on CRIS frequently.

But DO people doesn't do that.

They just process the case based on paperwork.

For interview letter, they may use other system to generate the letter, and mailing out.

But it is not connected to CRIS, which you use for case online query.

Usually N400 case never updae on CRIS, which is USCIS Case Status Online Query sytem.

It stays as pending until disappering from system, or never register to the system at all.

Filed: Timeline
my status was never online. i did call 2 or 3 times to ask if the IO sees any IL in his system for me..if i call now will the IO see an oath date or a case decision on their pc?

For interview letter, they may use other system to generate the letter, and mailing out.

Usually N400 case never updae on CRIS, which is USCIS Case Status Online Query sytem.

It stays as pending until disappering from system, or never register to the system at all.

yes i know that. mine never even showed up to begin with. my case # was an error since the 1st day but when i called got tranferred to IO they took my alien or case # and told me eveything about my case update such as background checks and other things like being in queued. now what i asked was if i call back when will they see my case being on oath queued.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

yes i know that. mine never even showed up to begin with. my case # was an error since the 1st day but when i called got tranferred to IO they took my alien or case # and told me eveything about my case update such as background checks and other things like being in queued. now what i asked was if i call back when will they see my case being on oath queued.

My status never updated after they received my application. Up to now, my status is the same.

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 29, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am naturalized now, but the status never changed.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My status never updated after they received my application. Up to now, my status is the same.

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On March 29, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I am naturalized now, but the status never changed.

Ha, my wife's says:

"On March 31, 2008, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Highlighted the differences in yours in bold print. She is likewise, naturalized. Not even a notice in the DOS site for her passport.

"U.S. Passport Application Status

Your passport application was not found. It is possible your application has not made it into our system yet."

Outside of the last four digits of her SS number, her last name and birth date are exactly the same as on the passport, so I am sure the entry is correct.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.