MrsBruce5

Previous Marriage Cert's

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi...

I am getting papers ready for Graham's interview, and I have a Q. We haven't gotten pkg 4 yet, but I am just being prepared in advance due to my paranoid state of mind. ;)

I have certified divorce certificates for my 2 previous marriages, but do I need to get the marriage certificates as well??

I have one on hand, but the other one was from 18 years ago (yeah-I was young & stupid) :wacko:

If I have to order it up, I will-it's just that I'm not sure how necessary it would be...

Any takers?

Thanks !

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Hi...

I am getting papers ready for Graham's interview, and I have a Q. We haven't gotten pkg 4 yet, but I am just being prepared in advance due to my paranoid state of mind. ;)

I have certified divorce certificates for my 2 previous marriages, but do I need to get the marriage certificates as well??

I have one on hand, but the other one was from 18 years ago (yeah-I was young & stupid) :wacko:

If I have to order it up, I will-it's just that I'm not sure how necessary it would be...

Any takers?

Thanks !

your the USC???

I didnt need Marks divorce certificate, but i did take it, i think its just UKC divorces that are required!! :thumbs:

edited to say.......I wasnt asked for it at my K3 interview either!!

Edited by euro

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Timeline

Thanks Euro !

Yes, I am the USC. This is his 1st marriage.

I didn't need the divorce cert's?

Holy #######...I just spent $100 for nothing???? (I am slapping myself ) LOL !!!

-Yeats

Thanks Euro !

Yes, I am the USC. This is his 1st marriage.

I didn't need the divorce cert's?

Holy #######...I just spent $100 for nothing???? (I am slapping myself ) LOL !!!

well they didnt ask me for Marks, & this is my first marriage also!!........$100 well send it anyway that way it wont feel like wasted cash :P

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Timeline

Oh yeah, I have every intention of sending them-LOL !!!

And I am going to tell him to keep asking the CO if she/he wants to see them -hehheheh !!!! :lol:

Ah, well...the price of being paranoid is pricey !

Thanks Euro ! : )

PS-Congrats on your green card !

Edited by MrsBruce5

-Yeats

Timeline

Hi Bethanie...

I get paranoid that I will forget to send something to him and delay us. I do too many things at one time and sometimes forget to dot my "i"' s and cross my "t"'s .

It's just a something I cannot get away from-my achille's heel since I can remember...I am just NOT detail oriented. I am always too busy looking at the BIG picture and forget the small stuff sometimes...I let it happen with the 864, and I screwed us up by a few weeks. I just don't want a repeat performance...

Heyyyyy....

Did you happen to notice that the package was signed for??? :thumbs:

Wooo Hooo...hope we were in there. Thank you for that info. :D

Rose

-Yeats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi Bethanie...

I get paranoid that I will forget to send something to him and delay us. I do too many things at one time and sometimes forget to dot my "i"' s and cross my "t"'s .

It's just a something I cannot get away from-my achille's heel since I can remember...I am just NOT detail oriented. I am always too busy looking at the BIG picture and forget the small stuff sometimes...I let it happen with the 864, and I screwed us up by a few weeks. I just don't want a repeat performance...

Heyyyyy....

Did you happen to notice that the package was signed for??? :thumbs:

Wooo Hooo...hope we were in there. Thank you for that info. :D

Rose

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I saw that package had been delivered wooo hooo and a big ol' yeeeeee hawwwww!

I know how the worry is, I think at this stage I am worrying more simply because it is out of my hands, all up to him now :help: ! We need to go back over what he has with him, since I posted/or took all of the stuff there last year. He ordered a new police certificate yesterday, the other had expired :angry: ! So they have the I-864, so do I still need to send tax info over to him as well? Wasn't sure on this, though have tried to get my head around what he REALLY needs. This big delay we had has truly put me off, I can't think of the next step as I go.

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Timeline

Hi Bethanie...

I think maybe I can help you with that... I made a list over the last few weeks from researching posts & such.

I stopped home between patients to walk my (evil) dogs-I will post my list sometime after 9:00 when I get finished for the night.

: )

-Yeats

Timeline
Hi Bethanie...

I think maybe I can help you with that... I made a list over the last few weeks from researching posts & such.

I stopped home between patients to walk my (evil) dogs-I will post my list sometime after 9:00 when I get finished for the night.

: )

Thanks Rose. My little (not so little really 60lbs) doggy I am fostering keeps dropping her ball in my lap, a hint perhaps I should get up. Will check in on this thread later tonight.

Bethanie

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I sent my hubby mine, as it says on one form I filled out that if you ever used a different last name, to show marriage certificates. I did take my ex's last name when we were married, so I sent the marriage certificate, as per the instructions, as well as the divorce cert. I think it's with the original I-130 that asks for it, if memory serves...

Did they ask for it at interview?

Nope.

Would they have asked for it if he didn't have it?

Probably, with my luck.

Happy

Jayke

Timeline
:unsure: I dunno not sure why they would need a marriage cert, seems the divorce that followed would be proof enough you had been legally married to some twirp :lol: . Can't see anyone going through a divorce if they were never married to start with. Then in this journey, you just never know what they will ask of you. I can't be bothered to hunt up a marriage certificate from ummmm......jezus I am old........18 years ago! :no:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Timeline

Hi Bethanie...

Although I would love to post it here to share with everyone, I cannot seem to get it here on this post... :angry:

Can I e-mail it to you? PM me with the address and I will send it on over..

And the same goes for anyone else who may want to have a look...feel free to PM me , and I will send it over as well !

Rose

-Yeats

Timeline
Hi Bethanie...

Although I would love to post it here to share with everyone, I cannot seem to get it here on this post... :angry:

Can I e-mail it to you? PM me with the address and I will send it on over..

And the same goes for anyone else who may want to have a look...feel free to PM me , and I will send it over as well !

Rose

Sent you a PM, thanks Rose.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.