nighthawk

THE GREAT DEPRESSION

17 posts in this topic

Timeline
Nighthawk. I used to fret over our country and everything going on. It just is not worth it. I only have one vote and use that lone vote for every election since I was able to. I vote how I want and feel good doing it.

The great depression was a defining moment in our and the world history. I have heard references about the Great depression every time there is financial turmoil. I expected to hear it again when this financial crisis was coming and was not disappointed. Stay around long enough and you will hear it again.

I heard that loud and clear luckytxn. You are right on all counts.

I just don`t have too much time left to stick around and I worry about people like you.

That`s all.

Thank you luckytxn. It is always my pleasure to run into someone with an adult attitude.

You are too kind Nighthawk. I have worked hard my whole life and am enjoying the fruit of my labors. I learned to do this from others that went through all the hardships inflicted by outside forces beyond their control. Don't need to worry about others because we all can change things if we really wanted to. Just wake up happy and enjoy life fully at all times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
With the economic situation in this country in the pits and Bush digging deeper, I caught

an article earlier in the week from a Washington politician who asserted the situation as

it is in the country, “is worst”, than it was at the time the Great Depression started.

Taking great interest to the Great Depression remark so boldly made in Washington, I

looked for the article in my newspaper the next day, the same newspaper that brought me

that quote. I cannot find it, neither on google..So I think I know why that remark was

buried and swept under the rug. Presidential elections and that quote is taboo.

Today Bush asked for $700 Billion for financial bailouts. So I have to ask you this:

I wonder if any of you “know” what the Great Depression is. Please do not let this

question lead you to believe that I might think that you are stupid or something…No, that

is not why I ask.

I might even hope, that some of you lived during the Great Depression like I did. I would

really appreciate if you can tell me how that horrendous tragedy of the Great Depression

affected you. Did you lose any sibling to starvation or lost that sibling forever, never again

to see him/her, like I did?

One of my favorite novelist John Steinbeck wrote “The Grapes of Wrath” in 1940 that to

me, falls way short of what the Great Depression catastrophic consequences really did to

this country. Steinbeck glamorizes the tragedy by using the family of Tom Joad to portray

the plight of the worst of the dust bowl farmers, draught and industry. He sold his

book the Hollywood and a movie was made…What`s new?

So what can you add? Can you give me some feedback, because I might just write a thread

of my own experiences during that time in Hell.

what do I remember from the Great Depression? wiping my a$$ with pages torn out of the Monky Ward, Sears Roebuck, or JC Penny catalog in the outhouse. Never quite enough to eat. Wearing the hand-me-downs from my older brothers. Patched clothing. Dad drinking. Enlisting in the Army to support my country and get 3 squares a day.

We were the Greatest Generation because we had been forged and tested through the Great Depression.

Si me dieran a elegir una vez más_____ Nos casamos: el 01 de Julio 2008

te elegiría sin pensarlo _______________ Una cita con una abogada para validar la info de VJ: el 24 de Agosto, 2008 (Ya ella me cree)

es que no hay nada que pensar_______ El envio del I-130: el 26 de Agosto 2008

que no existe ni motivo ni razón ______ Entregado a las 14:13 PM en el 26 de Agosto, 2008 en CHICAGO, IL. Firmado por V BUSTAMANTE.

para dudarlo ni un segundo ___________ La 1ra Notificación de Acción (NOA1): el 29 de Agosto 2008

porque tú has sido lo mejor ___________ El cheque al USCIS cobró: el 2 de Septiembre, 2008

que todo este corazón ________________ Un toque el 19 de septiembre, 2008

y que entre el cielo y tú

yo me quedo contigo

-Franco deVita