xbitterduskx

Another proof of relationship/pictures question :D

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok so, we haven't filed our petition yet, but I am starting to gather things together. We are planning to file in November when he comes here. At first I thought to myself that we had SO MUCH proof of meeting and relationship... then I read more and more of other peoples experiences.... and RFE's.... now I am not sure :blink: and at the same time I think i am over-analyzing everything too much :P

We have been together a little over a year now :) He has made 4 trips here to me, and I have flown there once. We text constantly... but do not use the phone. We use Ventrilo for at least 3 hours a day for voice chat... which kind of sucks because there's no real way to log or show names and numbers. I have a giant MSN log starting from April 2007.

So I am going to state what we have, and I would love for any kind of advice or enthusiastic words! I'm sorry though because I know these kind of posts are made a lot... and I will bless you with another :devil: but anyway, here's what we have.

We have scanned pics of all our passport pages... stamped as well as blank (just in case!), Plane ticket stubs for most all of his trips here and my trip there, train tickets to and from London to Paris with our names and dates on them, printed out e-cards, a couple snail mail cards, some money transfer receipts, I've got an ATM receipt from Paris as well as my online bank statement showing it, My engagement ring receipt with both our names on it, the cards from all the flowers he's sent, a signed receipt (he signed) at a hotel here we stayed at, some more of my bank statements showing purchases in England while I was there, receipts for parking at the airport when i picked him up, print outs from my old phone bills showing the hundreds of texts i do a month... and a few other receipts showing i was there, and he was here.

Now, in addition... we have a good 50+ pictures of us together. Since we do a lot of things alone... one of us has to take the picture, so they are all either really close up shots of us... or we have some pictures of us separated with the same background behind us. I am kind of concerned that some of the pictures of us would be void because we aren't together in them (like me in front of the eiffel tower, then one with him) and because a lot of them you can't see a good background. So to sum it up, I'm a little scared they will say... "how do we know when this was taken?"

When he comes to visit in November, I am tempted to take a picture of us holding up a newspaper just to be safe! :lol:

I just wonder... if we do that, get it printed... then mail in the petition, would that picture be too recent to the filing?

I don't know, my brains all scattered with this, and I am just really nervous that while we DO have quite a bit of proof... is it enough? We will be together the week we mail it in... so we have one last chance to toss some stuff in :)

thanks for being patient with me :D

-Katie

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

*Touched*: 2009-03-04

(change of address)

*touched*: 2009-03-05

*touched AGAIN* 2009-03-10

*touched* 2009-03-11

*touched* 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVC forwarded our stuff to London: 2009-03-16

London gets it: 2009-03-16 (same day apparently, weird?)

Martin receives pkt 3 2009-03-30

Interview: 2009-06-26 .........APPROVED!

Martin comes here: August 4th 2009 :D

Wedding: 2009-9-19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Good luck filing. You have tons of great evidence. My advice is to pic a few pics 6-10 max (you can give the rest to your SO to take to his visa interview). You both need to be in the picture, the point is to prove you met. If you don't have any, make sure its clear that you are at the same landmark/attraction.

When he comes in November, use the time date stamp on the camera. And take pics together. Even if that means you have to do it yourself.

ALLS you have to do is prove you've met in PERSON in the last 2 years. Emails, chats and phone calls are good for the interview later but don't hold water for proving you met in person.

A couple pics with BOTH of you plus travel records and required documents is all you need.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Good luck filing. You have tons of great evidence. My advice is to pic a few pics 6-10 max (you can give the rest to your SO to take to his visa interview). You both need to be in the picture, the point is to prove you met. If you don't have any, make sure its clear that you are at the same landmark/attraction.

When he comes in November, use the time date stamp on the camera. And take pics together. Even if that means you have to do it yourself.

Thank you :)

I wasn't planning on sending all our pics... we just have a lot to choose from i guess!

We got engaged the last time he was here, so all the times before then we weren't really thinkin "ooh this would be good for the government!" in everything we did (and in every pic we took!). I kind of wish we did now lol. At least now we have more of an idea of what we need... so we can save everything from his November trip and take more appropriate pictures!

ALLS you have to do is prove you've met in PERSON in the last 2 years. Emails, chats and phone calls are good for the interview later but don't hold water for proving you met in person.

A couple pics with BOTH of you plus travel records and required documents is all you need.

Thank you :)

That response eases my mind a little.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

*Touched*: 2009-03-04

(change of address)

*touched*: 2009-03-05

*touched AGAIN* 2009-03-10

*touched* 2009-03-11

*touched* 2009-03-12

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVC forwarded our stuff to London: 2009-03-16

London gets it: 2009-03-16 (same day apparently, weird?)

Martin receives pkt 3 2009-03-30

Interview: 2009-06-26 .........APPROVED!

Martin comes here: August 4th 2009 :D

Wedding: 2009-9-19

"We got engaged the last time he was here, so all the times before then we weren't really thinkin "ooh this would be good for the government!" in everything we did (and in every pic we took!). I kind of wish we did now lol. At least now we have more of an idea of what we need... so we can save everything from his November trip and take more appropriate pictures!

Make it part of your life for the next few years. You have the embassy interview, AOS, I-751 and US Citizeship coming up which will require proof of a valid ongoing marriage. Pictures are still number ONE.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.