hellonew

JUNE 2008 K1 FILERS CSC ONLY!!

821 posts in this topic

:dance: CONGRATS, PANTERCHEN!!!

I would do the happy dance live too, but I am @ work, so my boss may think I found a better job or something! :P

Like I said, see you in the AOS topics!! have fun in packing, and say a little prayer for Stepha and me, we are a few days away from our NOA2.

Again, be blessed, guys! (L)

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Natan, Panterchen, Congratualations! !! I'm so happy that you both got the visas! It's so exciting after waiting for so long time. Best wishes for you guys!

NOA1 Jun.17,2008

RFE Oct.24,2008

USCIS received our RFE Nov.4(Got touched Jan.6th, Jan.7th,Feb.5th)

NOA2 Mar.6, 2009

NVC sent to Chinese Embassy: Mar.16, 2009

Thanks you guys!! I am still praying for you too! I hope you'll get out of the NOA2- 'hell' soon!! After this it will all go really quick. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

It took us 249 days to get approved and we finally have our NOA2. I saw the e-mail this morning when fortunately my fiance was still awake so I could give him the great news!

I still can't believe it! I cried, danced...

Now it's up to us to slow down the process as we want to have the visa only in April.We have the wedding in July and it's only after this that I'll be going to the States and as the visa is valid only for 4 months...But I don't think it will be a problem. At least now we know for sure that after our wedding we can both go home together and we can already book the plane. And the honeymoon :D

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hey panterchen... i cant seem to find a good thread about what's to be done now after i got the visa and before i go to states,,,i will be leaving in 5 days and i gathered some documents that i found out that i need...i have a new birth certificate written in romanian, french and english...and i have a proof that i had no car accident in last 12 months so i can drive my fiancee's car... you know stuff like these...

Stepha, did I understand this right? Where will you get married? Not in the States???

In Christ alone my hope is found;

He is my light, my strength, my song;

This cornerstone, this solid ground,

Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
Stepha, did I understand this right? Where will you get married? Not in the States???

No, not in the States. I mean we'll have first the church ceremony and the party in Romania and then go to the States and get legally married. We do it the other way around because we calculated that we wouldn't have enough time to go to States and have the AP in time to be in Romania in July, when the wedding date is set.

check out my online shop: www.justchic.etsy.com

07-10-2009 POE Washington

07-29-2009 applied for SSN

07-30-2009 civil ceremony

08-13-2009 AOS sent to USCIS

08-16-2009 AOS received by USCIS

08-19-2009 NOA 1 for AP, EAD, GC

08-24-2009 touch AP

09-11-2009 GC file transferred to CSC

09-23-2009 SSN arrived by mail

09-24-2009 Biometrics for EAD, GC

09-24-2009 touch EAD

09-25-2009 touch GC

11-20-2009 infopass appointment-they will generate a service request to expedite my EAD

12-09-2009 phoned USCIS, infopass lady did nothing!!

I got 2 Service Request Numbers for AP & EAD

12-09-2009 CRIS e-mail reply: EAD: "additional reviews are performed" - deadline 6 months

12-14-2009 CRIS e-mail reply :AP: "reviews" - deadline 60 days

12-14-2009 contacted the senator about the EAD

12-15-2009 touch: GC & AP. should I expect some approvals ?:) or am I too optimistic ?:(

12-16-2009 another touch

12-21-2009 EAD & AP approved OMG!! Is it really true? :)

12-26-2009 AP arrived by mail

12-28-2009 second e-mail about the approval of EAD

12-30-2009 GC APPROVED!!!!!!

12-31-2009 GC ordered

01-12-2010 GC received yuppie!!!

Stepha, you are right. That makes sense!

I will probably be leaving here Thursday or Friday (depending on when the visa is in my mailbox). I am also trying to figure out what things are really mandatory for me to take. I also have all documents concerning the following: birth certificate, life insurance, medical insurance, my degree copies, vaccination worksheet needed for AOS, my German tax number (just in case I ever have to be taxed here again I don't want it to get lost), bank account information, info from my optician for my glasses...

Anything else you can think of that is really important??

Timeline

hey guys...

do you know if the guys there at the airport in us do check not only your bags but your laptop too ? i mean, you know i have some software from my college without license...

do you know anyone who got through this before ?

Edited by Natan

Don't worry, they won't turn your laptop on to see what you've got there. In the worse case scenario they will open it to see if u have something hidden under the keys. it happened to me, they opened the laptop and touched the keys to feel if they are ok.

Natan, don't worry about it. Technically, they have the right to search your computer and even copy all of your files but I have never heard them doing that really. Don't worry. No one will be interested in your programm. ;-) They are looking for other things like maps and plans for possible terrorists and bomb dust. They searched my computer once for this. They just take a tissue, rub it up and down your computer and then put it in a machine to analyse the dust. As if I would look like terrorist...oh well.

Timeline

thanks panterchen and oana31 for your reply... im asking this because when i went to the embassy they asked me to turn on the laptop and even type in the password...they said they have to check if it's a real laptop and not just a simple laptop box...anywhoo...panterchen, i dont know how you look like, and im sure you dont look like a terrorist...when i look in the mirror i dont see a terrorist eighter, but still i have a goat tee so maybe that will not help me :)... and shaving my goat tee for them it doesnt worth...

well guys, i kinda have to go now..my family is driving me to a city closer to the border with Hungary and then ill take a bus to budhapest, get on a plane there toward JFK and then to LAX...that's my plan...with God's help ill get to see my babe in 2 days after a long 7 months no see...and other 8 months before that... that much of an engagement period... i told her ill make it up to her and have like a saint valentine's day like every day...i dont need a special day to tell her how much i love her...

ok...really have to go now... talk to you soon...

Natan, HAVE A SAFE TRIP! After u see your fiancee and all that good stuff, pretty please, tell us about JFK. Do they still issue EAD's? i am planning to go there as well.

God bless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Natan, I'm so happy and excited.

You'll be in my prayers and let us know once you got there!!!

Enjoy the time with your fiancee!!!! And we wanna see wedding pics ;)

Oana I'm still praying for you as well? Did you hear any news lately? I saw that you got lots of touches last month. Was that due to contacting the congressman or someone?

Panterchen... have you received your visa in the mail yet? I got my HPV shot yesterday and another measle, etc shot in the other arm. Now my arms are all sore :(

I'm getting more and more nervous about the medical and the interview next week!!!

I-129F Sent : 2008-06-23

Interview: 2009-02-27 APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa received: 2009-03-05

Wedding: 2009-03-21

Sent AOS: 2009-05-12

Check cashed: 2009-05-20

NOAs received: 2009-05-22

Biometrics letter: 2009-05-28

Biometrics appointment:2009-06-09

card production ordered:2009-06-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.