sammills89

Need some experience advice!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To anyone who has successfully applied for/is in the process of applying for I am in need of some reassurance! I am 19 years old and my fiance is 18, we have been together for approximately 18 months and are now engaged, planning to be married asap. We are very much in love and have visited each other on numerous occasions (we have all the evidence lined up!) and are 100 percent sure that this is the decision we want to make with our lives. I am just worried that because we are still 'young' in the eyes of society, should this be a problem when it comes to the decision of whether to deny us or accept us?

Another issue that I need some words of advice on is the issue of a co-sponsor, we will be living with my parents in the USA who have agreed to become co-sponsors and I would just like to know, would this present an issue to us also? Obviously we are very new to this process and I am very nervous about being rejected for any reason! Any help is welcomed and appreciated!

Anyone in a similar situation?! Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
To anyone who has successfully applied for/is in the process of applying for I am in need of some reassurance! I am 19 years old and my fiance is 18, we have been together for approximately 18 months and are now engaged, planning to be married asap. We are very much in love and have visited each other on numerous occasions (we have all the evidence lined up!) and are 100 percent sure that this is the decision we want to make with our lives. I am just worried that because we are still 'young' in the eyes of society, should this be a problem when it comes to the decision of whether to deny us or accept us?

Another issue that I need some words of advice on is the issue of a co-sponsor, we will be living with my parents in the USA who have agreed to become co-sponsors and I would just like to know, would this present an issue to us also? Obviously we are very new to this process and I am very nervous about being rejected for any reason! Any help is welcomed and appreciated!

No worries on either count. Congratulations.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

No worries on either count. Congratulations.

Thanks so much, my mind is slowly easing up!

I agree with pushbrk. Read the Guides carefully and follow the steps. You're the petitioner, so you're the one that needs to start the process. If it's a K-1 you're going to be applying for, again, read the guides. You can't marry before getting the visa and her arriving in the US. There are different types of Visa's though, so look at them all and decide which one is best for you. Your fiance or yourself, might want to join in some discussions from the U.K. Here's a link to that forum here on VJ as well.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=99

Best of luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

Yup, as long as you are both legally able to marry (both over 18 so check!) then its a non-issue. We were pretty young when we filed (22 and 24) and my mom was our co-sponsor. I was living with them at the time and we were going to be living next door in an apt owned by them and there were no questions asked. As long as you can both be legally married when the non-USC gets here and there's someone taking financial responsibility for them, London is cool.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline
Yup, as long as you are both legally able to marry (both over 18 so check!) then its a non-issue. We were pretty young when we filed (22 and 24) and my mom was our co-sponsor. I was living with them at the time and we were going to be living next door in an apt owned by them and there were no questions asked. As long as you can both be legally married when the non-USC gets here and there's someone taking financial responsibility for them, London is cool.

Yes, we have studied all the guidelines and checklists repeatedly and marked down everything we need, hopefully I will be off to file for the visa and get the ball rolling very very soon! Waiting for my fiance in the UK to send his forms and evidence that we have met (he has plane tickets, luggage tags, photographs etc) and then we're all set! Very happy to hear that you were also fairly young, but successful nonetheless! Does your husband like living in the US?

Ah, he likes parts and dislikes parts. He gets frustrated a lot and misses his friends. He's having trouble making friends here since he only cares about football (the real kind) and no one actually knows anything about it. But he has a lot more opportunities here than there. I think once he makes friends it'll go easier. We're going to move in a few years somewhere more international so hopefully that'll help. On the plus side, the weather is MUCH better and we're FAR away from his mom :) They have a much better relationship 3000 miles apart...

Yes, we have studied all the guidelines and checklists repeatedly and marked down everything we need, hopefully I will be off to file for the visa and get the ball rolling very very soon! Waiting for my fiance in the UK to send his forms and evidence that we have met (he has plane tickets, luggage tags, photographs etc) and then we're all set! Very happy to hear that you were also fairly young, but successful nonetheless! Does your husband like living in the US?

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Ah, he likes parts and dislikes parts. He gets frustrated a lot and misses his friends. He's having trouble making friends here since he only cares about football (the real kind) and no one actually knows anything about it. But he has a lot more opportunities here than there. I think once he makes friends it'll go easier. We're going to move in a few years somewhere more international so hopefully that'll help. On the plus side, the weather is MUCH better and we're FAR away from his mom :) They have a much better relationship 3000 miles apart...

It's such a relief knowing that there are other people applying for this visa that are similar to my age...because this was one of my concearns as well. My fiance and I are both going to be 22 next month, and will be living with his parents(they wil be our co-signers)as well. We have not encountered any problems thus far. Now we're anxiously awaiting for the date of my interview. Its also nice hearing the success stories of others! Best of luck with your visa process!

K1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1: 2008-03-12

I-129F NOA2: 2008-07-15 date on notice

NVC Left: 2008-07-23 date on letter

Packet 3 Received: 2008-10-14 date on letter

Packet 3 Sent: 2009-03-25

Medical: 2008-11-05

Interview Date: 2009-07-08

Visa Approval: 2009-07-08

Visa In Hand: 2009-07-09

Married on: 2009-07-17

AOS Process

Medical: 2009-09-09/Results:2009-09-11

AOS package sent: 2009-10-08

Arrived at lockbox: 2009-10-09

RFE: 2009-10-19/AOS package re-sent: 2009-11

I-485 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-130 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-765 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-131 NOA: 2009-11-25

RFE: 2009-12-21/AOS Requested info sent: 2010-01-12

Biometrics Apt: 2010-01-25

AP Approved!: 2010-02-18

EAD Approved!: 2010-02-24

Case transferred to CSC: 2010-02-24

Touch #1: 2010-03-04

Touch #2: 2010-07-10

Touch #3: 2010-07-14

AOS Card Production Ordered: 2010-07-21

Green Card In Hand: 2010-08-02

Timeline

It's such a relief knowing that there are other people applying for this visa that are similar to my age...because this was one of my concearns as well. My fiance and I are both going to be 22 next month, and will be living with his parents(they wil be our co-signers)as well. We have not encountered any problems thus far. Now we're anxiously awaiting for the date of my interview. Its also nice hearing the success stories of others! Best of luck with your visa process!

Glad to hear you haven't had any problems so far, reassuring me like I said! How long ago did you guys first file?

Glad to hear you haven't had any problems so far, reassuring me like I said! How long ago did you guys first file?

I filed in march, have received my NOA1&NOA2 just waiting on my interview date now. The montreal consulate has received my information from the NVC and its being processed. I know this because my lawyers have contacted the montreal consulate and my lawyers were told it shouldn't be much longer. So I'm anxiously waiting. I also heard somewhere that montreal is delayed(not sure if this is accurate or not?). Other than that I was told that my process thus far is where it should be. Hope my experiences are able to help you somewhat. Best of Luck!

K1 Process

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1: 2008-03-12

I-129F NOA2: 2008-07-15 date on notice

NVC Left: 2008-07-23 date on letter

Packet 3 Received: 2008-10-14 date on letter

Packet 3 Sent: 2009-03-25

Medical: 2008-11-05

Interview Date: 2009-07-08

Visa Approval: 2009-07-08

Visa In Hand: 2009-07-09

Married on: 2009-07-17

AOS Process

Medical: 2009-09-09/Results:2009-09-11

AOS package sent: 2009-10-08

Arrived at lockbox: 2009-10-09

RFE: 2009-10-19/AOS package re-sent: 2009-11

I-485 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-130 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-765 NOA: 2009-11-25

I-131 NOA: 2009-11-25

RFE: 2009-12-21/AOS Requested info sent: 2010-01-12

Biometrics Apt: 2010-01-25

AP Approved!: 2010-02-18

EAD Approved!: 2010-02-24

Case transferred to CSC: 2010-02-24

Touch #1: 2010-03-04

Touch #2: 2010-07-10

Touch #3: 2010-07-14

AOS Card Production Ordered: 2010-07-21

Green Card In Hand: 2010-08-02

Timeline

I filed in march, have received my NOA1&NOA2 just waiting on my interview date now. The montreal consulate has received my information from the NVC and its being processed. I know this because my lawyers have contacted the montreal consulate and my lawyers were told it shouldn't be much longer. So I'm anxiously waiting. I also heard somewhere that montreal is delayed(not sure if this is accurate or not?). Other than that I was told that my process thus far is where it should be. Hope my experiences are able to help you somewhat. Best of Luck!

That's not too bad then! We contacted a law office for whom my brother in law's sister works and she told us that Philly/NY is our best option right now as they're currently about a 7 month waiting list - would be nice if it could happen right now but these things take time!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.