beccainturkey

Did my husband get an EAD stamp at JFK?

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Long time no see! Sorry for not having been around -- my husband and I arrived Saturday the 12th at JFK from Istanbul, Turkey on Delta airlines. We made it through the immigration lines, biometrics, and baggage claim within less than 20 minutes! We were in no way harassed or bothered and it was a very positive experience.

I have one question: My husband's visa is a CR-1. When we got up to the window in line he got a stamp in his passport next to the visa that says "Dept of Homeland Security-Us customs and border protection" with a big pink date stamp in the middle (date of entry - 12 Sept 2008). Then underneath it there is a blank with something written on the left that I can't make out because it's on the crease of the passport -- it looks like "lass until". Then the guy at the window wrote in CR1 in the blank and under it a letter and number combination and under THAT Sept 11th, 2010.

I would have assumed this is my husband's EAD until we went into the glass room for biometrics and after taking them they told my husband "You'll get your green card in the mail within 3-4 weeks".

So, in my mind either one of 2 things have happened here:

1. It's an EAD

or

2. It's just an entry stamp and he doesn't need an EAD because his green card is coming?

Im so confused. Anybody able to give some insight? Thanks in advance!

:luv::luv::luv:

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *wE WiLL oVeRCoMe*

*Our DCF Timeline*

Ankara, Turkey

Moved to Turkey: 8/18/04

Got married: 11/21/06

Sent I-130: 7/24/08

Appointment letter: 8/11/08

Interview date: 8/20/08

Visa approval: 08/20/08 - THANK YOU JESUS THANKYOU!!!!!

Visa in hand: ????????????????????? Soon we hope!

Total 27 days from I-130 to visa approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your husband does not need separate EAD because of his entry status as an immigrant. The I-551 stamp serves as the temporary greencard until the physical card arrives. The greencard or its temprary equivalent, is in itself work authorization.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Your husband does not need separate EAD because of his entry status as an immigrant. The I-551 stamp serves as the temporary greencard until the physical card arrives. The greencard or its temprary equivalent, is in itself work authorization.

THANK YOU! :)

*´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·´ *wE WiLL oVeRCoMe*

*Our DCF Timeline*

Ankara, Turkey

Moved to Turkey: 8/18/04

Got married: 11/21/06

Sent I-130: 7/24/08

Appointment letter: 8/11/08

Interview date: 8/20/08

Visa approval: 08/20/08 - THANK YOU JESUS THANKYOU!!!!!

Visa in hand: ????????????????????? Soon we hope!

Total 27 days from I-130 to visa approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.