jpatel1218

k3 filling at US Consulate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hello.... is it true that One can also file for K3 visa ( or petition) directly at US Consulate in India. That speed up the processing time. one can go to india and file for k3 petition right away and it takes 3 to 4 monts only if i file directly to US consulate in india for my wife to get to USA. and i also hurd thats i can go to India wait for 3 months after enterign in india get married and then just file for spouce visa at US consulate. it only take 6 monts for her to get here, and she enter in US with green card. is that true pleas advice.

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
hello.... is it true that One can also file for K3 visa ( or petition) directly at US Consulate in India. That speed up the processing time. one can go to india and file for k3 petition right away and it takes 3 to 4 monts only if i file directly to US consulate in india for my wife to get to USA. and i also hurd thats i can go to India wait for 3 months after enterign in india get married and then just file for spouce visa at US consulate. it only take 6 monts for her to get here, and she enter in US with green card. is that true pleas advice.

Thank you

You cannot obtain a K3 visa by filing a petition directly with a US Consulate anywhere. Direct Consulate filings are for IR1 or CR1 visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you

If I am correct than in order to directly file at US Consulate the petitioner or US Citizen needs to have residency requirement of 6 months in the country he is applying. and after the applying it takes about a month to finish the process.

Naturalization
CIS Office : Seattle
Date Filed : 2012-05-14
Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-09
Interview Date : 2012-09-24
Approved :2012-09-24

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Office
Date Filed : 2011-02-14
Date received: 2011-02-16
NOA Date : 2011-02-16
Bio. Appt. : 2011-03-16
Interview Date : None
Approved :2011-04-22

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Missouri Service Office
Date Filed : 2008-12-16
Date received: 2008-12-18

NOA Date : 2008-12-23
Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-16
Interview Date : 2009-04-14
Approved :2009-04-14
K-3 Visa
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Chennai, India
Marriage : 2008-07-08
I-130 Sent : 2008-07-31
I-130 NOA1 : 2008-08-06
I-129F Sent : 2008-08-09
I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-26
NVC Received : 2008-10-02
NVC Left : 2008-10-06
Consulate Received : 2008-10-10
Interview Date : 2008-11-21
Visa Received : 2008-12-03
US Entry : 2008-12-04
I-130 Approval : 2008-09-26

US entry after 150 days from our wedding date

Timeline

thank you guys for ur replay... but i do know few people went to india in Octomber and got married in Janury and file for their spouse at new delhi US consulate. filing was 3 monts after they enter in india. and there spouse are already arived in USA in july and august. i dont know what kind of petition they file for. reasion im inquiring about this, is because i have already file for my fience K1 on june 10th. and right now may 23 is being prosess. it is taking lot longer then i thught it would, and after it get approved it will take another 3 to 4 monts maybe more. for her to get here. so i was thing for diff ways to get her here.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
thank you guys for ur replay... but i do know few people went to india in Octomber and got married in Janury and file for their spouse at new delhi US consulate. filing was 3 monts after they enter in india. and there spouse are already arived in USA in july and august. i dont know what kind of petition they file for. reasion im inquiring about this, is because i have already file for my fience K1 on june 10th. and right now may 23 is being prosess. it is taking lot longer then i thught it would, and after it get approved it will take another 3 to 4 monts maybe more. for her to get here. so i was thing for diff ways to get her here.

We feel your pain. I wouldn't advise messing with a process that's been ongoing four months already but you can read the Guide for DCF here to get an idea about that option, then check the Consulate's website for qualifications. Just click on the word "guides" at the top of any page here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

you are 3 months already in the game...lets just say u go to india and live there for 3 months, and then apply for DCF which adds another month according to you...this makes 7 months all together, plus one month is never a guarantee, its just an estimate...and its not like you are ready to fly to india tomorrow...also to apply for CR1, you need to be married...according to hindu marriage act, you have to apply for a marriage in the court atleast 30 days in advance...if we add all the numbers above you are probably looking at additional year...

excuse my language, but i think its going to be foolish applying for DCF at this point....good luck in whatever u decide!!

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

you are 3 months already in the game...lets just say u go to india and live there for 3 months, and then apply for DCF which adds another month according to you...this makes 7 months all together, plus one month is never a guarantee, its just an estimate...and its not like you are ready to fly to india tomorrow...also to apply for CR1, you need to be married...according to hindu marriage act, you have to apply for a marriage in the court atleast 30 days in advance...if we add all the numbers above you are probably looking at additional year...

excuse my language, but i think its going to be foolish applying for DCF at this point....good luck in whatever u decide!!

cmnb......please u dont have to excuse ur self for that language.... u r just trying to help me...and give me best adivce. also im thinking about wating for awhile....i thing i should hear some thing from uscs in a months or so... cuz by visajourney they r prosseing May 26th and i filed it on jun 10th... so in month or so i will hear somethign.... and i belive after that its another 3 monts... so i have wated for this long i can wait for little..... im plaing to go to india on Oct 20th and planning to say there till her interview.... i wanted to know when i go.... what documants should i take it with me... usally what documatns they ask for it in interview. so when i go ill take every thing with me.... so if they ask for some thing i should have it.... please advice....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.