SterlingGirl

Ugh. Passport lost.

7 posts in this topic

My fiance has lost his passport. One of the evidence pieces we sent was his passport stamp from when he visited. He's got the boarding passes and ticket from the trip still, but if he has to get a new passport, will that present a problem for immigration? Those who have already been interviewed, do they make a habit of checking passports?

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

You have copies of the stamps so you should be okay. I think your finance is the beneficiary? If so, then the Embassy will most definitely be looking at his passport. Because the stamps won't match up as it'll be a new passport, you can just have him explain. You should know, that he better get right on getting a new passport because without one, he won't be getting a visa! I'm sure he has to report the lost passport as well. It's very serious that he lost this. Please get him to start this replacement process immediately!

carlahmsb4.gif

Without the passport he wont get the visa! They stick the visa on one of the passport pages.

Get a new one ASAP! He can get a passport with a same day appointment for £114. I think maybe only London & Durham do this. You would need to research this.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Apparently if the passport has been lost, they claim they can't replace them on the same day.

But this happened to me a couple years ago (the day before my flight to the US!!) I went to London and paid about 114 and had a new passport in 4 hours.

I would give it a shot

PHEW! Love phoned the library today, where he felt he might've left it, and not only was he correct, but by some miraculous luck, it was still there. Crisis averted.

December 22nd, 2008: Legally wed!

March 16th, 2009: AOS package posted via FedEx

March 18th, 2009: AOS package delivered, signed for by J. Chyba

March 24th, 2009: NOA1

March 25th, 2009: Check cashed

March 27th, 2009: NOA1 in hand

April 3rd, 2009: Case transferred to CSC (YES!)

April 9th, 2009: Biometrics

May 6th, 2009: EAD and AP approval notices sent

May 12th, 2009: AOS Touch

May 13th, 2009: AOS Touch, EAD received

June 18th, 2009: CRIS approval email, card production ordered - yes!

June 18th, 2009: Welcome notice mailed

June 22nd, 2009: Welcome notice received

July 2, 2009: Green card received!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
PHEW! Love phoned the library today, where he felt he might've left it, and not only was he correct, but by some miraculous luck, it was still there. Crisis averted.

I do this #### all the time - and yes, the item in question invariably turns up!! :lol:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.