ninaetmilo

864A: do i need it? if i already have earned enough.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

....preparing for the AOS I-864, so i can leave paperwork set. arghhh...this is such an aggravating process.

I have already earned enough in 2008 to surpass the minimum required for 2 (him and me), but i want to leave my job and go to be with my husband in Colombia to wait for the process. The problem being that i will no longer have a continuous income. Should this be a problem independent if i have already earned more than the minimum?

Taxes background: In 2007, i filed on my own for about 10,000 as I just graduated college and started working later in the year. In 2006 and 2005, I am listed as my parents dependents. I also have a savings accounts 4,000 ($12,000/3= 4,000) that i can use as an asset.

I do not want to burden my parents with a 10 year contract of being I -864A household members. I hope the income earned thus far is sufficient for NVC. Are my parents responsible for my husband in the next 10 years if they sign the i-864A

Whats the difference between a co-sponsor and a household member sponsor?

--thanks for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You have to send your most recent W2s (so from 2007). That is how they determine your income level. Then even though they didn't specifically say you have to send it in, I got an RFE for not sending in work verification. So I had to send in a letter saying I was currently employed and my three most recent paystubs.

That could be a problem for you.

I had my stepmom be the joint sponsor. For my case, it was the same 864 form, not the 864-A. She just sent me her w2s and tax returns for 3 years, a copy of her passport, and a work verification letter.

then I put it all together and had her sign it. That could save you some stress in the long run if you do it that way.

....preparing for the AOS I-864, so i can leave paperwork set. arghhh...this is such an aggravating process.

I have already earned enough in 2008 to surpass the minimum required for 2 (him and me), but i want to leave my job and go to be with my husband in Colombia to wait for the process. The problem being that i will no longer have a continuous income. Should this be a problem independent if i have already earned more than the minimum?

Taxes background: In 2007, i filed on my own for about 10,000 as I just graduated college and started working later in the year. In 2006 and 2005, I am listed as my parents dependents. I also have a savings accounts 4,000 ($12,000/3= 4,000) that i can use as an asset.

I do not want to burden my parents with a 10 year contract of being I -864A household members. I hope the income earned thus far is sufficient for NVC. Are my parents responsible for my husband in the next 10 years if they sign the i-864A

Whats the difference between a co-sponsor and a household member sponsor?

--thanks for your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.