gentim

need help

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

two months since my case completed on 3 of july, my husband called NVC yesterday they told him that they still have my case pending for interview and asked him to call later on thursday coz now they arrange octobar's interviews

guys i need to ask, will it take more for my case of two months enough to arrange my interview

The availibilty of the interview date is based on the capacity of the embassy. One of the reason why your husband was not assigned an interview date in August eventhough the case was completed in July is because the foreign embassy have back-logged case.

I have been told that the cut-off date for interview dates assignment is 20th of every month (some said 2nd week of the month), so maybe you can call again next week and see whether an interview date has been assigned.

This is pretty normal, so you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck (F)

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Timeline

thank you for ur replay but do you think they'll arrange my interview in octobar or it'll take another month

i really miss mu husband and i need to be with him

not fair to be with my husband online only

i'm a wife need to be a mom from that amazing man

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
The availibilty of the interview date is based on the capacity of the embassy. One of the reason why your husband was not assigned an interview date in August eventhough the case was completed in July is because the foreign embassy have back-logged case.

I have been told that the cut-off date for interview dates assignment is 20th of every month (some said 2nd week of the month), so maybe you can call again next week and see whether an interview date has been assigned.

This is pretty normal, so you don't have to worry about it.

Good luck (F)

Thats what I also was told when I was trying to get an interview date. I'm also interviewing in Cairo, my case was completed late june and my interview date is on the 25th of this month.

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2007-10-14

I-130 Sent : 2007-11-24

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-01-29

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-06

I-130 Approved : 2008-04-24

USEM interview : 2008-09-25

Finally reunited : 2008-10-12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi I got your PM.

Here is my detailed reply so that it may help others in the future.

Sit back and relax you have plenty of time before the scheduled interview at the American Embassy in Cairo.

I say this because my case was complete at the NVC Jan.14 and it didn't get to the Embassy until April 1st. That's 2 and half months difference from there once they get your information they take two more weeks to review it before they send the formal request for the Packet 3. Once you send in packet 3 then you are given an automatic extension while they review it which could take several months to a few weeks then they send out the formal request for the packet 4 with the notice of interview date and time and explination of the need to get a medical within so many days of the interview, ect...

In Feb this year the NVC started scheduling the interviews for certain Embassy's in certain countries and Egypt is on that list.

Here are the embassies that NVC schedules for: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3734.html

You should recieve a letter from the NVC stating the case number and interview time at the Egyptian Embassy.

If there is no interview time on the letter and only the NVC case number you can track your NVC case number for the interview appointment time online at the Immigrant Visa Interview Schedule provided by the American Embassy in Cairo's website:

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/iv8.htm

In the meantime while you're waiting for the request for packet three to either come to your house or by email there are things your Husband needs to do to prepare:

I can give you the list the Embassy sends to collect for packet 3 it right now. That way when they request it then he can send it by DHL next day.

Also you might want to start a way to transfer money to him for the interview fee which you can do with https://www.ikobo.com.

I use it because it's only a $6 fee to put money on the card where as it's $17-$25 everytime I do a wire transfer of some sort and you can't trust the postal system there much like you can here. You go to the site set up the account. Verify it connects to your bank account. The card is mailed out to the reciepiant and then acts like credit/debit card that they can use at any atm's there. He has to withdrawl the full amount of Egyptian Pounds for any ATM and then take it to a bank there like HSBC and get it converted into USD or cashier's note/personal bank money order and then send that with Packet 3 to the Embassy there through DHL. Every ATM withdrawl on this account is charge $6 so put whatever amount you need to on the card and make sure to put $6 more on it for the transaction fee so he can get the full amount in Egyptian Pounds there. You'll have both learn how to convert Egyptian Pounds and USD which can easily be done on \currency convertor website like: http://www.xe.com/

As for Packet 3 here is the list of things the Embassy is going to request so he can work on getting them now.

Please advise your fiancé to complete the following documents and mail them to our office via DHL. The petition is automatically extended once the process starts.

1. Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2. Photocopy of birth certificate

3. Police certificate from every country where the applicant lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 (not all are obtainable or required; call us at 02-797-2201 for further information)

4. Photocopy of military certificate (for men between 18 and 50 years of age)

5. An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner and notarized before either a notary public in the U.S. or a consular officer at the embassy (this can be done on the day of your appointment).

6. Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only). Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

7. Medical exam for applicant list attached

8. Applications:

a. Two completed DS-156 visa application forms; you fill it online and print it through the link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

b. Form DS-156K; you may also print it through the link http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

c. Form DS-157, you may print it through the link: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79964.pdf

9. 2 photos face view photos with a white background for the applicant

10. A receipt of payment for the visa application ($131) from the Commercial International Bank (CIB) in Egypt.

Once we receive the required documents, we will review the case and schedule an appointment for his final visa interview on the first available slot.

Regards,

Consular Staff

NM

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Hi I got your PM.

Sit back and relax you have plenty of time before the scheduled interview at the American Embassy in Cairo.

I say this because my case was complete at the NVC Jan.14 and it didn't get to the Embassy until April 1st. That's 2 and half months difference from there once they get your information they take two more weeks to review it before they send the formal request for the Packet 3. Once you send in packet 3 then you are given an automatic extension while they review it which could take several months to a few weeks then they send out the formal request for the packet 4 with the notice of interview date and time and explination of the need to get a medical within so many days of the interview, ect...

In Feb this year the NVC started scheduling the interviews for certain Embassy's in certain countries and Egypt is on that list.

Here are the embassies that NVC schedules for: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3734.html

You should recieve a letter from the NVC stating the case number and interview time at the Egyptian Embassy.

If there is no interview time on the letter and only the NVC case number you can track your NVC case number for the interview appointment time online at the Immigrant Visa Interview Schedule provided by the American Embassy in Cairo's website:

In the meantime while you're waiting for the request for packet three to either come to your house or by email there are things your Husband needs to do to prepare:

I can give you the list the Embassy sends to collect for packet 3 it right now. That way when they request it then he can send it by DHL next day.

Also you might want to start a way to transfer money to him for the interview fee which you can do with https://www.ikobo.com.

I use it because it's only a $6 fee to put money on the card where as it's $17-$25 everytime I do a wire transfer of some sort and you can't trust the postal system there much like you can here. You go to the site set up the account. Verify it connects to your bank account. The card is mailed out to the reciepiant and then acts like credit/debit card that they can use at any atm's there. He has to withdrawl the full amount of Egyptian Pounds for any ATM and then take it to a bank there like HSBC and get it converted into USD or cashier's note/personal bank money order and then send that with Packet 3 to the Embassy there through DHL. Every ATM withdrawl on this account is charge $6 so put whatever amount you need to on the card and make sure to put $6 more on it for the transaction fee so he can get the full amount in Egyptian Pounds there. You'll have both learn how to convert Egyptian Pounds and USD which can easily be done on \currency convertor website like: http://www.xe.com/

As for Packet 3 here is the list of things the Embassy is going to request so he can work on getting them now.

Please advise your fiancé to complete the following documents and mail them to our office via DHL. The petition is automatically extended once the process starts.

3. Police certificate from every country where the applicant lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 (not all are obtainable or required; call us at 02-797-2201 for further information)

5. An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner and notarized before either a notary public in the U.S. or a consular officer at the embassy (this can be done on the day of your appointment).

6. Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only). Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

8. Applications:

a. Two completed DS-156 visa application forms; you fill it online and print it through the link: https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

b. Form DS-156K; you may also print it through the link http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/82063.pdf

c. Form DS-157, you may print it through the link: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79964.pdf

10. A receipt of payment for the visa application ($131) from the Commercial International Bank (CIB) in Egypt.

Once we receive the required documents, we will review the case and schedule an appointment for his final visa interview on the first available slot.

Regards,

Consular Staff

NM

It depend on what kind of visa you are after. My understating NVC will only setup CR1/IR1 visa interview. If you are after K3, then NVC will have nothing to do with your interview. If you are K3 and waiting for NVC to tell you about the date of the interview then be prepared to wait for ever.

my advice, if you are K3 then you will need to contact the embassy by phone or go in person and pickup packet 3.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Timeline

so2008 i'm in cr1 visa not K3, i know it's different so i need someone to ansswer me

3 of octobar i'll finish my third month from case completed i know NVC will arrange my interview so do u think guys it'd take more time

olivia thank you for very much but i want to tell u something i'm in CR1 visa

do u think i still need more time befor my interview

There is a good chance that you will get OCT interview

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
so2008 i'm in cr1 visa not K3, i know it's different so i need someone to ansswer me

3 of octobar i'll finish my third month from case completed i know NVC will arrange my interview so do u think guys it'd take more time

K3 and CR-1 are only different in where the money is paid and the period of waiting but it's all the same paperwork.

CR-1 takes up to 4 months longer than the K3 because you're doing the AOS up front and paying the larger fee upfront in the interview to the tunes of hundreds of USD. With the K3 you pay a lower fee for the embassy interview and do AOS after the beneificiary is here and that's when you pay for AOS to the tune of thousands of dollars, $1010, to be exact.

If you don't know your interview date yet but you got the letter from the NVC saying that the case is onto the embassy then call the NVC and ask them if they scheduled your interview.

Otherwise plug in your case number on the site I gave you and watch if it pops up. They update it every two weeks to every month.

Oh and you can email the embassy and also ask question but give them at least a week to respond. Mostly they give computer generated generic answers though.

Embassy email: ConsularCairoIV@state.gov

If you still don't have an answer and want to know quicker you may also call DOS and ask them what the status of your case is.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

NVC said case still pending for interview

i got this from NVC today

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's

processing has been received. As soon as an interview date has been

scheduled, the designated representative of this case (applicant,

petitioner, or attorney) will be notified. The US Embassy or Consulate

General may require additional documentation at the time of the

interview.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

please help, my wife had her medical exam in cairo and when she went to pick it up the nurse had told her that they will have to send the results to the embassey themselves. Should i worry? has this happened in the past?

Hi I got your PM.

8. Applications:

Regards,

Consular Staff

NM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.