JonasMichaels

BIG PROBLEM!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Just received my fiancees paperwork in the mail today and it is all wrong. Two big problems (or maybe not) please advise...

First: I told her several times to sign her name on the Fiancee letter of Intent and the G-325 American Style (first name, last name), well she just signed her first name, no last name anywhere. PHUONG. No Tran (her last name) in sight. Will this be acceptable?

Second: I told her to send me passport style headshots of herself. It looks like she got 4X6 photos taken (the package says 4X6) and cut them into headshots. Will this be accepted or will she have to do it again?

I don't want to bring this up to her if I can use these items as is, but if I cannot, I need to know so she can redo ASAP. She spent $50 to FedEx this stuff to me, very frustrating!

Thanks

Jonas

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thanks Haole, I had already gathered the pics would have to be redone. What about her signature, first name only? Perhaps she got confused because she is used to signing Tran Phuong, not Phuong Tran but I must have told her 10 times about this. Papers are here, just: Phuong. Who does she think she is, Madonna? :wacko: Maybe that is ok to just sign first name, I just thought for anything governmental, it should be first and last, maybe even first, middle, last. Am I right?

Jonas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thi also signs her name just Thi in Vietnam so this is a common mistake on US forms. According to the USCIS person I spoke to when I was filling out our I-129f. Her signature has to be US style (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name) or it will be rejected at USCIS and you'll get RFE which will delay your petition. Like the other poster said, if you need to sign her name on a copy so she can see how she is suppose to sign it. According to the USCIS person I spoke to, these are legal US documents and as such need to signed formally, ie a complete signature.

Good luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Edited by PeterFB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Xuan also signed her name with just Xuan so I explained how to sign the papers and all was good. One issue we did have was the background on the passport photo. Make sure it is white. I asked to see the photos before Xuan was going to send them to me and sure enough they were passport photos but the background was blue. I guess this is ok in Vietnam but you will want to make sure the background is white.

Good luck

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Maybe there is reason to worry, but Mai just signed "Mai Anh" with no middle and no surname, and ours went through. Of course her Vietnamese signature is somewhat stylized, and maybe it looks like a regular American signature. She now signs the same way, but with surname basically tacked on to the end of it, almost like an afterthought. At least I know where I stand. :lol:

Thanks Haole, I had already gathered the pics would have to be redone. What about her signature, first name only? Perhaps she got confused because she is used to signing Tran Phuong, not Phuong Tran but I must have told her 10 times about this. Papers are here, just: Phuong. Who does she think she is, Madonna? :wacko: Maybe that is ok to just sign first name, I just thought for anything governmental, it should be first and last, maybe even first, middle, last. Am I right?

Jonas

As long as she is consistent she can sign anyway she wants. Doesn't even need to be readable. Most peoples legal signatures aren't.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I wouldn't worry so much. I sent regular rectangle shaped photos (like you got in grade school) of my hubby and i for the I-130 and I just got approved with no RFE. ALSO he INTIALED all the forms instead of SIGNING them!!! Give her a break, she didn't understand. Just like Metodi didn't understand what 'sign' meant. In Bulgaria it means, 'initial' lol.

Lots of luck!

<3 Sam

PS I think the 2x2 photos are more important for the VISA. :)

Met online May 2006

Sam arrives in Sofia: December 08, 2007 (first kiss)

Married: December 21, 2007

Sam returns to US to continue grad school: January 08, 2008

USCIS HELL-JOURNEY

Sent off I-130 February 04, 2008, arrived and signed for February 5, 2008

NOA1 2/20/2008

Sam flys to Bulgaria again, this time to spend 2 months with Metodi 5/01/08 - 6/28/08

Case trasferred to CSC for processing 8/26/08

CASE APPROVED at CSC!!! 9/16/2008

NVC SLIGHTLY LESS HELLISH JOURNEY (BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY)

Paid I-864 fee online, Paid evil IV fee thingie

Metodi sends DSwhatever email making Sam AGENT007

ALL the DS230 and I-864 Docs are in hand, in order, and were mailed 11/5/2008!

I-864 and DS-230 packets delivered: 10:45 AM 11/06/08. Signed for by R AUSTIN.

RFE received in mail for Military Records (that cannot leave the country of Bulgaria!) 11/20/08

NVC finally figures out that their RFE was a mistake and CASE COMPLETE AT NVC 12/08/08

EMBASSY

Sam flew to Bulgaria for Metodi's interview. 01/23/09

Metodi Approved at Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria 01/26/09

Metodi Received VISA and other documents 01/28/09

Metodi lands in USA, POE: Charlotte, NC 01/31/09

Metodi receives Green Card 02/23/09

Removing Conditions

Sent I-175 Nov 3, 2010

Package delivered Nov 04, 2010 SAINT ALBANS, VT to INS . Signed for by D RENAUD.

Nov 10, 2010 - USCIS cashed our check finally: AUTOMATED CHECK VSC FIELD OFFICE PAYMENT 1102 $545.00

NOA Received Nov 12 - Receipt Date on NOA - 11/05/10

Biometrics - 12/08/10 Charleston, WV Field Office

10yr Permanent Resident Card Issued - 3/18/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.