• His speeches
    • The fact that he's a Democrat
    • Michelle Obama
    • The fact that he is black
    • The fact that his opponent is in his 70s
    • Joe Biden
    • Sarah Palin
    • Something else
  3. 3. Could the debates affect your vote?

• If McCain does well, it could change my vote
    • If McCain does badly, it could change my vote
    • If Obama does well, it could change my vote
    • If Obama does badly, it could change my vote
    • If Palin does well, it could change my vote
    • If Palin does badly, it could change my vote
    • If Biden does well, it could change my vote
    • If Biden does badly, it could change my vote
    • I am unlikely to watch the debates
    • The debates are unlikely to change my vote
    • I cannot vote

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Top 3 for McCain:

His military experience

VPILF!

Republican (neither candidate will win without their base, so if they win, it means their base helped!)

Top 3 for Obama:

Change message

Democrat

Other - his ground game

The debates are unlikely to change my vote

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Timeline

affect.

And the second one should say Obama, not McCain.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
affect.

And the second one should say Obama, not McCain.

See, I try so hard to get the verb right, then ** up the poll anyway.

Cheers. :thumbs:

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Top 3 for Mac: Palin, maverick, b0's elitism

Top 1 for b0: other (I took it as catchall to include "nothing")

Debate: no effect, I've decided on Mac

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline
Um, I rushed and didn't really read the only 3 part. :innocent: I picked more than 3 for each. Oopsie.

I will have to confer with the poll police and get back to you. But, mark with words, Ms Stina, there will be consequences. Oh yes. There will be consequences... :ph34r:

Um, I rushed and didn't really read the only 3 part. :innocent: I picked more than 3 for each. Oopsie.
Well, I selected LESS than 3 (just 1--I tried it with 0, but it wouldn't take) on the second one, so we even out here. :thumbs::lol:

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

McCain:

1. His dashing good looks.

2. He picked a MILF for VP.

3. His infectious smile.

Obama:

1. His basketball skills.

2. His fashion sense.

3. Because initials are B.O.

The debates are not going to really affect the rank and file Democrats and Republicans...only the undecided ones and Independents. Don't despair - even though the swiftboating of Kerry did have an impact on the percentages, this election, there's just too many other factors that weigh in more heavily than personal issues voters might have with each candidate.

Timeline
[T]his election, there's just too many other factors that weigh in more heavily than personal issues voters might have with each candidate.

I'd like to think so, but I'm not so sure. There has been a significant swing from Obama to McCain among white women. Have these 'swingers' been avidly poring over each candidates manifesto, tuned constantly to NPR for in-depth analysis of the issues, emailing Bill Moyers for clarification, etc, and have suddenly had a change of heart about whether the highest earners should be taxed aggressively, whether universal healthcare is a good idea or what consitutes torture? Or did they see Sarah Palin and think, "Oh, she's a Mom. So am I. She has kids. So do I. She wears galsses. My eyesight is less than perfect also. I'll think I'll vote for McCain, then."

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I will have to confer with the poll police and get back to you. But, mark with words, Ms Stina, there will be consequences. Oh yes. There will be consequences... :ph34r:

:help:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
[T]his election, there's just too many other factors that weigh in more heavily than personal issues voters might have with each candidate.

I'd like to think so, but I'm not so sure. There has been a significant swing from Obama to McCain among white women. Have these 'swingers' been avidly poring over each candidates manifesto, tuned constantly to NPR for in-depth analysis of the issues, emailing Bill Moyers for clarification, etc, and have suddenly had a change of heart about whether the highest earners should be taxed aggressively, whether universal healthcare is a good idea or what consitutes torture? Or did they see Sarah Palin and think, "Oh, she's a Mom. So am I. She has kids. So do I. She wears galsses. My eyesight is less than perfect also. I'll think I'll vote for McCain, then."

During the Primaries, there were polls on all the candidates for their high positives and their high negatives. There were and still are many Republicans who swore they wouldn't vote for McCain, particularly many Evangelicals. I have a hard time believing that McCain could simply appease those disgruntled Party members with his choice of a VP. That said, his choice certainly has grabbed a lot of attention in the press and in this media frenzy, perhaps some voters get swept up into it, but IMO, once the dust settles on Palin's introduction to the rest of the country and voters have gotten a chance to see beyond the surfacy qualities (hockey mom, wears glasses, etc.), the focus of attention from the media will be on the real issues....at least I hope.

If there's one thing that this election demonstrates is how much sensationalism dominates in the media - or at least gets the most mileage. But it also has a short shelf life....like talking about Lindsay Lohen's next run in with the law. I have hope that enough Americans aren't content with their understanding of the issues at hand from reading the National Enquirer.

Edited by Jabberwocky

As I said, I think my SHORTAGE of options cancels out your surfeit--so no worries. :lol:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
As I said, I think my SHORTAGE of options cancels out your surfeit--so no worries. :lol:

*whew* Thanks

:P

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord