angela920

Contacting the Ombudsman, will it do any good?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you check my timeline you'll be surprised because we got approved july 7, 2008 Noa2 and we have yet received anything from NVC up to now. It's been two months already.

Then recently we spoke to Julie from USCIS last wednesday 9-3-08 and she said they made a mistake. Instead of filling our papers to NVC, they filled it to their records. So she told me it will be fixed within 2 weeks and I checked our case from CIS site and it got updated from 7-7-08 to 9-5-08.

Geez.. the last time they promised us it will be sent to NVC within 2-4 weeks (written on the approval notice, that nvc should receive it at that timeline) it took them 2 months! now they are promising us again that within 2 weeks it will be fixed. It is really frustrating.. now I'm starting to think that their 2 weeks means 2 months. We are giving them till 09-19-08 coz that will be two weeks from 09-05-08.

I'm sorry guys If i sound too aggravated and discouraged. I just feel helpless. :(

Anybody who has/had the same experience? Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The omsbudsman is NOT an individual case advocate, liason, expediter or error correcter.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If you check my timeline you'll be surprised because we got approved july 7, 2008 Noa2 and we have yet received anything from NVC up to now. It's been two months already.

Then recently we spoke to Julie from USCIS last wednesday 9-3-08 and she said they made a mistake. Instead of filling our papers to NVC, they filled it to their records. So she told me it will be fixed within 2 weeks and I checked our case from CIS site and it got updated from 7-7-08 to 9-5-08.

Geez.. the last time they promised us it will be sent to NVC within 2-4 weeks (written on the approval notice, that nvc should receive it at that timeline) it took them 2 months! now they are promising us again that within 2 weeks it will be fixed. It is really frustrating.. now I'm starting to think that their 2 weeks means 2 months. We are giving them till 09-19-08 coz that will be two weeks from 09-05-08.

I'm sorry guys If i sound too aggravated and discouraged. I just feel helpless. :(

Anybody who has/had the same experience? Thanks!

Go, in person, to your U.S. Congressperson's office or U.S. Senator's office TODAY and ask them to find out what the heck is going on. Take copies of the pertinent information (NOA2 and any other correspondence from from the USCIS). In my experience, that is only effective way to get things moving or straightened out in this process. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.