palilover

verbs in arabic

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
sounds to me like your hubby is a villager? If so, they have such a different accent..Sometimes its hard for even me to understand and I do very well with arabic

Like the difference between bahbek and some villagers say bahebitch (sorry I know its childish but i think its funny) :P

am talking about this its funny lol Bahbek -bahebitch .. bedik -beditch

Its always so cute to hear americans try to speak arabic :star:

Actually yeah i agree , its so cute . :)

Culture Is The Most Important Thing in Creating Your Personality and to Make U Higher than the Sky or lower Than Earth

n674502295_188090_9757.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

hee! ya my husband always says: I love "your" arabic. heh heh

Anytime I said ANYTHING in arabic while I was there, everyone would giggle. "Shii" was a favorite lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I spent a year and a half studying formal arabic. I can converse fairly well, with just some occassional grammer mistakes (I will never get arabic grammer down completely, lol). From there I studied Iraqi dialect through my husband and a couple Iraqi women. It works out because I can use the Iraqi words I know and if I don't know the right word then I just say it in formal arabic. Some people laugh, but my husband's family is well educated and all college graduates so they can talk to me in mostly formal arabic. It also comes in handy because I can sit and watch tv and the news and have an idea of what is being said. Formal arabic is also what the Quran is written in so if you want to understand the Quran, then you must learn the formal arabic. Later when I have children I want them to know formal arabic and dialect which means I need to know both. I have met arab kids here who can speak in their home with dialect but have no idea what is being said on Al-Jazeera and cannot read in arabic. I decided after that I prefer my children to be more well rounded. This is me and my opinion, but we all have to decide what is best for us. Arabic is not easy to learn and it may be better for some to just work on basic communication in the family. If ever you get the chance though, a college class or two in formal arabic could really be helpful.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I spent a year and a half studying formal arabic. I can converse fairly well, with just some occassional grammer mistakes (I will never get arabic grammer down completely, lol). From there I studied Iraqi dialect through my husband and a couple Iraqi women. It works out because I can use the Iraqi words I know and if I don't know the right word then I just say it in formal arabic. Some people laugh, but my husband's family is well educated and all college graduates so they can talk to me in mostly formal arabic. It also comes in handy because I can sit and watch tv and the news and have an idea of what is being said. Formal arabic is also what the Quran is written in so if you want to understand the Quran, then you must learn the formal arabic. Later when I have children I want them to know formal arabic and dialect which means I need to know both. I have met arab kids here who can speak in their home with dialect but have no idea what is being said on Al-Jazeera and cannot read in arabic. I decided after that I prefer my children to be more well rounded. This is me and my opinion, but we all have to decide what is best for us. Arabic is not easy to learn and it may be better for some to just work on basic communication in the family. If ever you get the chance though, a college class or two in formal arabic could really be helpful.

Yes same here and im Egyptian loool its so hard! but i can read and write akeed.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

hee! ya my husband always says: I love "your" arabic. heh heh

Anytime I said ANYTHING in arabic while I was there, everyone would giggle. "Shii" was a favorite lol

phew then I'm not the only one who goes through taht:) All the kids there giggle at me all the time. After a while of that, it gets to be making me self conscious though like when I'm not aalking and they still laugh

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Yes same here and im Egyptian loool its so hard! but i can read and write akeed.

From what I understand, they have whole courses of study in colleges in the Middle East just to learn proper arabic grammer (this for the native arabs). I decided so long as I can get my point accross.................. lol, then good enough!

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

yeah I will take it when I get back to school. I had to stop school to do immigration as how can you go to school and keep running back and forth to Palestine?:( But college course in arabic would be great

From what I understand, they have whole courses of study in colleges in the Middle East just to learn proper arabic grammer (this for the native arabs). I decided so long as I can get my point accross.................. lol, then good enough!

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:lol:

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would just like to comment on the differences of letters for example, bahibbik and bahibbich

basically the letter isn't different, and both people will write it down as ba7ibbik ( notice that 7 is Haa' not a normal 'H' )

same for 'th' in jordan it would be 'thal' in egypt / seria 'zal' ... dhad / zhad ... etc

As for tenses, that website seem to confuse alot of things together.. I'll try to brief without confusion ( hopefully )

First I need to explain something.. each letter in arabic is available in 4 forms:

[quiet]: L

[open]: La

[broken]: Li

[lifted]: Lu

notice that the amount of time you spent pronouncing this letter is the same.. so La Lu Li are 3 forms of the letter L.. have your spous pronounce them for you to understand it more.

more on other letters like:

Ba Bu Bi / Da Du Di / Ha Hu Hi ... etc..

Now I'll explain something about verbs and I'll bold out the accent of the letter not to confuse it with a real letter.. for example

La <-- this is a short La

Laa <-- this is two letters... La and Aa

Hope this is clear =) .. anyway, keep reading, the ones without an accent are a quiet version:

[Root]

Aamal <-- work

[Present]

* one person:

* ya'mal <-- he's working [ Ya + ' + Ma + L ]

* ta'mal <-- she's working [ Ta + ' + Ma + L ]

* two people:

* ya'malan <-- both of them are working [two men] ( notice Long A at the end ) [ Ya + ' + Ma + La + A + N ]

* ta'malan <-- both of them are working [two women] ( notice Long A at the end ) [ Ta + ' + Ma + La + A + N ]

* many people:

ya'maluon <-- all of them are working [many men] ( long O at the end ) [ Ya + ' + Ma + Lu + O + N ]

ya'malna <-- all of them are working [many women] ( short A ) [ Ya + ' + Ma + L + Na ]

[Past]

'amila <-- he worked ( short a at the end ) [ 'a + Mi + La ]

'amilat <-- she worked ( short a at the end ) [ 'a + Mi + La + T ]

'amilaa <-- they both worked [two men] ( notice La + Aa at the end, pronounced as a very long Aaa ) [ 'a + Mi + La + A ]

'amilataa <-- they both worked [two women] ( notice La + Ta + Aa at the end, pronounced LaTaaa ) ['a + Mi + La + Ta + A ]

'amiloo <-- they all worked [men] [ 'a + Mi + Lu + O ]

'amilna <-- they all worked [women] [ 'a + Mi + L + Na ]

Hope that makes sense, remember I'm trying to hack the roman alphabets.. remember that the best way to learn any language is by learning the alphabets first.

I'm open for any questions =)

DD.MM.YYYY

12.02.2008 - Married In Court In Amman.

16.02.2008 - Wedding Party.

12.03.2008 - I-130 Mailed.

19.03.2008 - I-130 Check Cashed.

21.03.2008 - I-130 NOA-1 Recieved In Mail.

13.06.2008 - I-130 Approved.

24.06.2008 - NVC Case No. Assigned.

01.07.2008 - NVC AOS Bill Generated.

30.07.2008 - NVC Case Complete.

21.10.2008 - Interview.

23.10.2008 - Visa.

29.10.2008 - US Entry.

Timeline
I would just like to comment on the differences of letters for example, bahibbik and bahibbich

basically the letter isn't different, and both people will write it down as ba7ibbik ( notice that 7 is Haa' not a normal 'H' )

same for 'th' in jordan it would be 'thal' in egypt / seria 'zal' ... dhad / zhad ... etc

As for tenses, that website seem to confuse alot of things together.. I'll try to brief without confusion ( hopefully )

First I need to explain something.. each letter in arabic is available in 4 forms:

[quiet]: L

[open]: La

[broken]: Li

[lifted]: Lu

notice that the amount of time you spent pronouncing this letter is the same.. so La Lu Li are 3 forms of the letter L.. have your spous pronounce them for you to understand it more.

more on other letters like:

Ba Bu Bi / Da Du Di / Ha Hu Hi ... etc..

Now I'll explain something about verbs and I'll bold out the accent of the letter not to confuse it with a real letter.. for example

La <-- this is a short La

Laa <-- this is two letters... La and Aa

Hope this is clear =) .. anyway, keep reading, the ones without an accent are a quiet version:

[Root]

Aamal <-- work

[Present]

* one person:

* ya'mal <-- he's working [ Ya + ' + Ma + L ]

* ta'mal <-- she's working [ Ta + ' + Ma + L ]

* two people:

* ya'malan <-- both of them are working [two men] ( notice Long A at the end ) [ Ya + ' + Ma + La + A + N ]

* ta'malan <-- both of them are working [two women] ( notice Long A at the end ) [ Ta + ' + Ma + La + A + N ]

* many people:

ya'maluon <-- all of them are working [many men] ( long O at the end ) [ Ya + ' + Ma + Lu + O + N ]

ya'malna <-- all of them are working [many women] ( short A ) [ Ya + ' + Ma + L + Na ]

[Past]

'amila <-- he worked ( short a at the end ) [ 'a + Mi + La ]

'amilat <-- she worked ( short a at the end ) [ 'a + Mi + La + T ]

'amilaa <-- they both worked [two men] ( notice La + Aa at the end, pronounced as a very long Aaa ) [ 'a + Mi + La + A ]

'amilataa <-- they both worked [two women] ( notice La + Ta + Aa at the end, pronounced LaTaaa ) ['a + Mi + La + Ta + A ]

'amiloo <-- they all worked [men] [ 'a + Mi + Lu + O ]

'amilna <-- they all worked [women] [ 'a + Mi + L + Na ]

Hope that makes sense, remember I'm trying to hack the roman alphabets.. remember that the best way to learn any language is by learning the alphabets first.

I'm open for any questions =)

ok now I know how they got ya'amel:)

But now what the problem is that they dont have that word amel to work in Palestinian arabic as my husband says different words and doe snot know the word amel! He does not even use anything that starts with ta, ya, etc. Everytime I ask him about verbs in arabic he puts different things at the end but not the beginning

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
But now what the problem is that they dont have that word amel to work in Palestinian arabic as my husband says different words and doe snot know the word amel! He does not even use anything that starts with ta, ya, etc. Everytime I ask him about verbs in arabic he puts different things at the end but not the beginning

if he puts it in the end, then he's speaking in the past tens..

words for 'amal in palistine are: bishta3'il ( man ) btishta3'il ( woman )

past would be:

ishta3'al = he worked

ishta3'lat = she worked =)

3' letter is GHAIN.

no matter how far it goes, it's still with the basic principles

DD.MM.YYYY

12.02.2008 - Married In Court In Amman.

16.02.2008 - Wedding Party.

12.03.2008 - I-130 Mailed.

19.03.2008 - I-130 Check Cashed.

21.03.2008 - I-130 NOA-1 Recieved In Mail.

13.06.2008 - I-130 Approved.

24.06.2008 - NVC Case No. Assigned.

01.07.2008 - NVC AOS Bill Generated.

30.07.2008 - NVC Case Complete.

21.10.2008 - Interview.

23.10.2008 - Visa.

29.10.2008 - US Entry.

Timeline

if he puts it in the end, then he's speaking in the past tens..

words for 'amal in palistine are: bishta3'il ( man ) btishta3'il ( woman )

past would be:

ishta3'al = he worked

ishta3'lat = she worked =)

3' letter is GHAIN.

yeah bishta sounds right. But I specifically told him "I work" not "I worked" I think my husband really does talk funny if he speaks all in past tense:))

no matter how far it goes, it's still with the basic principles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.