Peter Korostoz

Working with illigals and impact on own immigration status?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I found out today at my job that almost 100% of the employees are illegal immigrants from Mexico including all of the workers I am responsible for as a supervisor / operations manager of a landscaping company. I just started 3 weeks ago and in no way had anything to do with the hiring of the workers but am responsible for their day to day activities and may move into more of a managerial position over a division of the company (maintenance) in the near future.

I just received notice that my green card has been produced and have been working on a EAD. Does anyone know if this could impact my immigration status from a purely judicial view? I think I will resign my position either way but for future reference I would appreciate any input.

I am ticked off to find this out after spending 3 years of my life and upwards of $6000 to immigrate here from Canada by the rule book then see these guys waltz in under the radar but thats another story.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I found out today at my job that almost 100% of the employees are illegal immigrants from Mexico including all of the workers I am responsible for as a supervisor / operations manager of a landscaping company. I just started 3 weeks ago and in no way had anything to do with the hiring of the workers but am responsible for their day to day activities and may move into more of a managerial position over a division of the company (maintenance) in the near future.

I just received notice that my green card has been produced and have been working on a EAD. Does anyone know if this could impact my immigration status from a purely judicial view? I think I will resign my position either way but for future reference I would appreciate any input.

I am ticked off to find this out after spending 3 years of my life and upwards of $6000 to immigrate here from Canada by the rule book then see these guys waltz in under the radar but thats another story.

Now that you are aware of who these employees are, and have decided not to report them or the employer, you could be charged with aiding and abetting felonious crimes...and deported as a result.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Now that you are aware of who these employees are, and have decided not to report them or the employer, you could be charged with aiding and abetting felonious crimes...and deported as a result.

think your employer needs ICE.......i am way sick of illegal immigrants.....if they have to sneak in here ....what makes them think they are

welcome.....who would like people coming in the backdoor of their house and staying.....same thing......you have a right to be angry

over this.....after what you have went thru.....to come here legally......

I29F sent 2008-01-07

NOA1 2008-01-30

NOA2 2008-05-29

NVC Rec'd 2008-06-04

NVC Left 2008-06-05

Consulate 2008-06-09

Packets 3&4 2008-06-25

INTERVIEW.....RESCHEDULED

THIS JUST BLOWS....waiting for police certificate....

he got the pcc.......an was unable to use it....this was a horrible process,and i would never do it again....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Where did you read the "not going to report them" part by the way? Grow up; if you don't have an answer to my question don't waste my time

My wife is a lawyer, though not an Inmigrations lawyer and she just told me you could be charged if ICE were to find out.

I think you should report your employeer to ICE or at least go and talk to them. Be anonymous is my personal advice so you don't get charged.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Where did you read the "not going to report them" part by the way? Grow up; if you don't have an answer to my question don't waste my time

My wife is a lawyer, though not an Inmigrations lawyer and she just told me you could be charged if ICE were to find out.

I think you should report your employeer to ICE or at least go and talk to them. Be anonymous is my personal advice so you don't get charged.

If you don't want to get charged, why be anonymous? If you're working with illegals and the government know you told the ICE, wont that look great?

"Love Will Find A Way <3"

05/29/2008 --- Entry into the US on Visa Waiver to visit my girlfriend for a summer holiday and to help take care of her sick father where needed.

06/20/2008 -- After the sad passing of my girlfriend's father, we decided to get married and stay together

08/08/2008 --- We get married, lovely ceremony and dinner with all of Sarah's family present :-)

08/25/2008 --- AOS package sent to Chicago via Fedex overnight priority mail. Fingers crossed now!

08/26/2008 -- AOS Package received in Chicago, signed for by A.Smith (1 day before my VWP expires!)

09/02/2008 -- Checks cashed!!

09/03/2008 -- NOA1 received for I-485, I-130 and I-765.

09/05/2008 -- Case is shown online as pending!!

09/08/2008 -- Biometrics appointment letter received for September 23rd!! (For both I-485 and I-765)

09/12/2008 -- Biometrics walk-in completed, 11 days before the appointment! In Hackensack NJ.

09/20/2008 -- RFE for I-485 received. It was dated September 17.

09/25/2008 -- RFE response evidence sent out to Lee's Summit by USPS, certified mail.

10/02/2008 -- RFE response evidence received and case processing resumed!

11/04/2008 -- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Thank you Lord.

11/10/2008 -- EAD card received in the mail! wOOt wOOt!!!!

11/12/2008 -- SSN ordered from Hackensack, 2-4 weeks in mail!

11/28/2008 -- SSN Received in the mail, wOOt!!!!!!!!

12/7/2008 -- INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED!!! It's scheduled February 19, 2009 at 8:30am in Newark. *nerves*

2/19/2009 -- Interview 8:30am - Green Card verbally approved

2/23/2009 -- Welcome letter received! followed by I-130 approval notice!

Filed: Timeline

With most states cracking down on SSN and driver's licenses, you will see a lot of the illegal immigrants in a world of hurt. Be glad you never have to worry about that!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

It is possible that you may find yourself in trouble if ICE came knocking and you failed to inform them in the past about it. I know it's tough because you didn't directly hire them, but as the infomation on their site says "Middle management isn’t immune from prosecution".

You can read about it here: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/pi/news/newsrele...dvisory_v27.pdf

Best of luck with it!

AOS

05/17/2008 AOS/EAD Sent

05/20/2008 Paper work recieved at Chicago office.

05/25/2008 Notice of receipt received

05/29/2008 Check cashed

08/21/2008 No action for 90 days, (including Biometrics) called USICS to start an inquiry, so much for reviewing cases as they are filed!

09/19/2008 Made info pass apointment....no touches since May 29th!!

09/25/2008 Recieved a letter to tell me my EAD was approved on Aug 28th however Phoenix Office is still too backlogged to take my biomertrics!

09/29/2008 Revieved letter for Biometrics appointment for Oct 8th

10/08/2008 Biometricts

10/09/2008 Touch on AOS

Filed: Other Timeline

I'd suggest you speak to an immigration attorney before you take any action.

If you are personally uncomfortable with the situation, then by all means leave your job. But a consult with an immigration attorney will advise you with certainty as to whether or not your presence on the job site has any ramifications for you personally.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

The answer, of course, was that you risked being charged with a crime if you didn't report the situation to USCIS. Resigning wouldn't change that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.