cyberdeep

Converting K3 interview to CR-1 interview...need advice

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife's K3 case has been assigned an interview date of Sept 19 at the Chennai Consulate in India. NVC received her CR-1 documents on Sept 4th and is pending completion. I am trying to figure out the best course of action now and was hoping for some advice:

1. Send email to consulate and have them request NVC to approve CR-1 documents and send them to consulate sooner so Sept 19th can be converted to CR-1 interview....is this even possible?

2. Try to postpone K3 date by about 2 weeks and request consulate to convert to CR-1 interview as soon as they receive documents from NVC (assuming no RFE, based on estimates, case should be complete in a week, and consulate should have received documented in 7-10 days from then, i.e. Sept 18th - Sept 21st).

3. Ignore K3 interview date entirely and wait for CR-1 interview date.

Side question: Can medical reports & vaccinations obtained based on K3 interview appointment letter be used for a CR-1 interview?

Any guidance from you guys based on experience / other knowledge is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife's K3 case has been assigned an interview date of Sept 19 at the Chennai Consulate in India. NVC received her CR-1 documents on Sept 4th and is pending completion. I am trying to figure out the best course of action now and was hoping for some advice:

1. Send email to consulate and have them request NVC to approve CR-1 documents and send them to consulate sooner so Sept 19th can be converted to CR-1 interview....is this even possible?

2. Try to postpone K3 date by about 2 weeks and request consulate to convert to CR-1 interview as soon as they receive documents from NVC (assuming no RFE, based on estimates, case should be complete in a week, and consulate should have received documented in 7-10 days from then, i.e. Sept 18th - Sept 21st).

Side question: Can medical reports & vaccinations obtained based on K3 interview appointment letter be used for a CR-1 interview?

Any guidance from you guys based on experience / other knowledge is highly appreciated. Thanks!

1) seems unlikely to be done by that time

2) seems like the best option

3) i would not just ignore without notification to the consulate... nothing else it is simply courteous

medical is the same... vaccinations need be completed for CR1

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1) seems unlikely to be done by that time

2) seems like the best option

3) i would not just ignore without notification to the consulate... nothing else it is simply courteous

medical is the same... vaccinations need be completed for CR1

Thanks, I am leaning towards #2 as well. Regarding vaccinations, can those be requested from the doctor during the examination based on the K3 interview appointment letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I went through the same situation your wife did, I recieved K3 VISA Packet in January 2008, at that time I thought to go for it but then my lawyer suggested me to wait for CR1. So I ignored those documents and waited till August 2008 and I recieved my CR1 on my passport. So let K3 be ignored it wont be converted as easy as you think, just ignore those documents and let her wait for CR1 Interview. My suggestion only you're the best judge.

Fahim

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks, I am leaning towards #2 as well. Regarding vaccinations, can those be requested from the doctor during the examination based on the K3 interview appointment letter?

I am certain if you ask for updated vaccinations they will be happy to comply

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.