Wis-Can

Discouraged Already!

14 posts in this topic

Well my honey mailed our package to the California Service Center September 2/08. I called the USPS 1-800 line today with the tracking number provided, I first checked online with the tracking number and it says its still sitting at the post office in Antigo. :whistle: When I punched in the number on the 1-800 number, it says it doesn't exist. So, after many #'s pressed and redirected 5 or 6 times, I finally got to speak to a real person. :thumbs: Who said, it will take two or three days to arrive, call back when that has passed. I asked him if he had a calendar, the 3 days have passed. So, I was told to call back son Monday and they will put a trace on it. So, I guess I'm sharing this because we didn't make copies of the pictures we sent. Not a good move on our part as we don't have many pictures of us together. I hate having my picture taken. We did make copies of all the paperwork though. :crying: So for people sending in their package, copy EVERYTHING. My honey is concerned about identity theft with the amount of info you have to give, his SSN, plus you bank cheque with signature, acct #, bank branch etc. We are hoping that its because of the holiday week it's just a little late getting there, even though the only scan shows sitting at the post office it was mailed at. Hopefully this isn't a sign for the rest of our journey. :blush:

Wisconsin Hunter & A Canadian Beaver

event.png

I think it is in the system somewhere, just not logged correctly for some reason. I see posts here all the time about things taking longer than they should, or longer than average. The reps often don't know squat :hehe: Give it another week before you panic, and let the trace work through. You are probably fine.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I think it is in the system somewhere, just not logged correctly for some reason. I see posts here all the time about things taking longer than they should, or longer than average. The reps often don't know squat :hehe: Give it another week before you panic, and let the trace work through. You are probably fine.

THANKS, I Hope so! Good luck to you and your honey.

event.png

THANKS, I Hope so! Good luck to you and your honey.

Cheers

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Well my honey mailed our package to the California Service Center September 2/08. I called the USPS 1-800 line today with the tracking number provided, I first checked online with the tracking number and it says its still sitting at the post office in Antigo. :whistle: When I punched in the number on the 1-800 number, it says it doesn't exist. So, after many #'s pressed and redirected 5 or 6 times, I finally got to speak to a real person. :thumbs: Who said, it will take two or three days to arrive, call back when that has passed. I asked him if he had a calendar, the 3 days have passed. So, I was told to call back son Monday and they will put a trace on it. So, I guess I'm sharing this because we didn't make copies of the pictures we sent. Not a good move on our part as we don't have many pictures of us together. I hate having my picture taken. We did make copies of all the paperwork though. :crying: So for people sending in their package, copy EVERYTHING. My honey is concerned about identity theft with the amount of info you have to give, his SSN, plus you bank cheque with signature, acct #, bank branch etc. We are hoping that its because of the holiday week it's just a little late getting there, even though the only scan shows sitting at the post office it was mailed at. Hopefully this isn't a sign for the rest of our journey. :blush:

We have exactly the same problem. The petition was posted on the 2nd and still not trace or even a sign it was sent. The tracking number seems to be useless so far. It is driving me mad. We are hoping the cheque will be cashed soon so that will at least tell us that VSC received it. In the meantime, the identity theft is a real worry. But we have to keep our chin up...nothing else left to do. Very frustrating.

Hope it all resolves soon. Best of luck to you both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

We have exactly the same problem. The petition was posted on the 2nd and still not trace or even a sign it was sent. The tracking number seems to be useless so far. It is driving me mad. We are hoping the cheque will be cashed soon so that will at least tell us that VSC received it. In the meantime, the identity theft is a real worry. But we have to keep our chin up...nothing else left to do. Very frustrating.

Remember folks - the posting, checking in, etc. of the I-129f, as well as cashing the check (a function performed in a different area than the processing) is all government work. You sent the package on the 2nd, the day after a holiday weekend is up. Lots of government and other employees take the week off, and the office(s) may be short handed. All this is to say that the three days may turn into four or five. No worries.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Remember folks - the posting, checking in, etc. of the I-129f, as well as cashing the check (a function performed in a different area than the processing) is all government work. You sent the package on the 2nd, the day after a holiday weekend is up. Lots of government and other employees take the week off, and the office(s) may be short handed. All this is to say that the three days may turn into four or five. No worries.

Thanks for the encouragement and good reasoning. It's so easy to lose prospective in this "game".

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Thanks for the encouragement and good reasoning. It's so easy to lose prospective in this "game".

We have all been there. :yes:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

mine was sent on january 7, 08.......check finally cashed on january 28th and noa1 january 30......i didnt get any notification :angry: ....i kept

checking and waiting cuz that was a time of huge backlogs...nothing ....in march i called and got all this info....... :blush:

I29F sent 2008-01-07

NOA1 2008-01-30

NOA2 2008-05-29

NVC Rec'd 2008-06-04

NVC Left 2008-06-05

Consulate 2008-06-09

Packets 3&4 2008-06-25

INTERVIEW.....RESCHEDULED

THIS JUST BLOWS....waiting for police certificate....

he got the pcc.......an was unable to use it....this was a horrible process,and i would never do it again....

Well my honey mailed our package to the California Service Center September 2/08. I called the USPS 1-800 line today with the tracking number provided, I first checked online with the tracking number and it says its still sitting at the post office in Antigo. :whistle: When I punched in the number on the 1-800 number, it says it doesn't exist. So, after many #'s pressed and redirected 5 or 6 times, I finally got to speak to a real person. :thumbs: Who said, it will take two or three days to arrive, call back when that has passed. I asked him if he had a calendar, the 3 days have passed. So, I was told to call back son Monday and they will put a trace on it.

Hi there Peter and Tanyia,

It looks like USPS is back in business :thumbs: as they finally delivered our I-129F petition to VSC yesterday. It only took them 5 days! Hopefully yours arrived as well. No trace of it was recorded up to that point so don’t give up hope.

Good luck and speedy journey.

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

dnt panic..

maybe there are just backlogs from them cos of the labor day..

anyways.. welcome to california "slow" center soon.. :lol:

wishin u smooth journey.. goodluck..! :dance:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Definitely don't panic! Take a deep breath. You're just starting this process, and things do NOT happen quickly! Don't forget to check out the Canada Forum here on VJ! We have lots of specific Canadian/American experience for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

carlahmsb4.gif

Well my honey mailed our package to the California Service Center September 2/08. I called the USPS 1-800 line today with the tracking number provided, I first checked online with the tracking number and it says its still sitting at the post office in Antigo. :whistle: When I punched in the number on the 1-800 number, it says it doesn't exist. So, after many #'s pressed and redirected 5 or 6 times, I finally got to speak to a real person. :thumbs: Who said, it will take two or three days to arrive, call back when that has passed. I asked him if he had a calendar, the 3 days have passed. So, I was told to call back son Monday and they will put a trace on it.

Hi there Peter and Tanyia,

It looks like USPS is back in business :thumbs: as they finally delivered our I-129F petition to VSC yesterday. It only took them 5 days! Hopefully yours arrived as well. No trace of it was recorded up to that point so don’t give up hope.

Good luck and speedy journey.

Well our package got there...not cheque cashed yet, I have to learn patience! :innocent:

Definitely don't panic! Take a deep breath. You're just starting this process, and things do NOT happen quickly! Don't forget to check out the Canada Forum here on VJ! We have lots of specific Canadian/American experience for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

thanks!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.