AFQuaid

Change of Address on 2 year paperwork break

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm on what vj calls the immigration paper work break. The part where you have your 2 year conditional green card and before removing conditions. My question is do I still need to file a change of address as I have recently moved or do I just wait till I start removing conditions and put the new address on that?

:innocent: Help me fellow vjers

Fiona

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Hey,

I'm on what vj calls the immigration paper work break. The part where you have your 2 year conditional green card and before removing conditions. My question is do I still need to file a change of address as I have recently moved or do I just wait till I start removing conditions and put the new address on that?

:innocent: Help me fellow vjers

Fiona

i believe as per uscis instruction u have 30 days from the day u move to notify them of the move

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Marriage : 2007-07-11

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-10-01

I-130 Approved : 2008-02-14

NVC Received : 2008-02-27

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-03-15

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-05-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-05-19

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-03-17

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-05

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-07

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-08

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-28

NVC Left : 2008-06-10

Consulate Received : 2008-07-26

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-08

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-09

Packet 4 Received : 2008-08-13

Interview Date : 2008-08-28

Visa Received : 2008-09-04

US Entry : 2008-10-01

SSN card received : 11-05-08

I-551 2YR received: 11-15-08

Your I-130 was approved in 181 days from your filing date.

Your interview took 377 days from your I-130 filing date.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You definitely need to let them know you've moved. Nowadays is even easier, as you can do it over the internet. Good Luck!

OUR JOURNEY

5/6 - I-129F Package sent to Texas Service Center

6/7 - 1st NOA received

6/27 - 2nd NOA received

8/8 - Our process was completed and forwarded to the US Embassy in Rio de Janeiro

9/14 - Received packet 3 (instruction packet)

9/23 - Sent the Packet 3 back to the US Embassy

10/3 - Got my interview date!!!

11/7 - Interview date. I wasn't approved, needed a co-sponsor

11/24 - Sent co-sponsor's I-134 to the US Consulate

11/25 - Visa Approved

12/13- Arrived in the US. POE: Atlanta

2/11- Our wedding!

AOS

04/24- I-485/EAD sent to Chicago

05/05- both NOA1

05/30- Biometrics in SC

06/01- AOS/EAD "touched"

06/03- RFE sent to me

06/09- Received RFE letter - Mailed back overnight

07/03- EAD "touched"

07/07- EAD approved/mailed

07/10- EAD card received

09/13- Interview

09/29- Rec'd Green Card

I-751

06/23 - Packet sent to VSC

06/30 - NOA

07/24 - Bio. appoint. letter recv'd

07/28 - Request for reescheduling sent

08/22 - New Bio appoint. letter recv'd

08/25 - Bio done in SC

08/26 - Touched

How can I do it over the internet? I'm aware there are typible forms on vj for change of address that I plan to print off and send in the mail but if I can log in on USCIS website and do it through there or something that'd be much easier.

:thumbs:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How can I do it over the internet? I'm aware there are typible forms on vj for change of address that I plan to print off and send in the mail but if I can log in on USCIS website and do it through there or something that'd be much easier.

:thumbs:

You need form AR-11 and yes you can do it on line at the USCIS website, you need to do it within 10 days of moving address and dont forget that you spouse also need to complete form I-865 as sponsor and this needs to be done by mail within 30 days of the change of address.

You need to do this everytime you move from now until you become a citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.