lLeigh

Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

omg! Sorry my Fiance is at work and I had to tell someone.... (everyone?) NOA2 has been sent today!!! Updating timeline now but I hope everyone else has the best of luck with getting theirs soon. (Now the real paperwork fun begins >.<)

Peace

Paul

Congrats! :dance: Great news!!!

Good luck with the rest of the process!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we got the dreaded RFE last night, both email and the case notification on their web site. We think we know what it is for but until we actually see the paper copy, we have to wait (some more... :crying: ).

The frustrating thing is that wait for the paper copy. Why can't they say what they want/need in the email they send out? If we assume it'll take 5 days to reach Florida (as it did for the NOA1), I can see why the estimated period moves for 10 days if you receive RFE. Unfortunately for us that means the chances of April wedding are rapidly diminishing... Well, there is always May :whistle:

So close and so far away... :crying:

I suppose the worst waiting is almost over... Have to look on the bright side otherwise this process would drive me insane.

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Aaaaaaaw, i'm sorry to hear it, fingers crossed its something very straight forward and you can get it back to them asap!! I'm sure you'll have your NOA2 before the end of the month, maybe just a couple of weeks?? :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
omg! Sorry my Fiance is at work and I had to tell someone.... (everyone?) NOA2 has been sent today!!! Updating timeline now but I hope everyone else has the best of luck with getting theirs soon. (Now the real paperwork fun begins >.<)

Peace

Paul

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

Well, we got the dreaded RFE last night, both email and the case notification on their web site. We think we know what it is for but until we actually see the paper copy, we have to wait (some more... :crying: ).

The frustrating thing is that wait for the paper copy. Why can't they say what they want/need in the email they send out? If we assume it'll take 5 days to reach Florida (as it did for the NOA1), I can see why the estimated period moves for 10 days if you receive RFE. Unfortunately for us that means the chances of April wedding are rapidly diminishing... Well, there is always May :whistle:

I suppose the worst waiting is almost over... Have to look on the bright side otherwise this process would drive me insane.

I'm so sorry to hear that .

fingers crossed . i hope you will get NOA2 soon . hang in there and keep praying for it .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ouch! ((( Keep us posted :unsure: sorry to hear that.

where is our NOA2 :crying: ????

Ouch! ((( Keep us posted :unsure: sorry to hear that.

where is our NOA2 :crying: ????

Oh, well, such is life... We knew that we had a very good chance of getting the RFE since he signed my G-325a form, assuming that's what they are asking for. I'll let you know when the hard-copy finally arrives. With any luck, it will be this week. I can't believe how slow the postal service is within the US. I can send a letter from London in less time than it takes for a letter to arrive from VT to FL. :wacko:

Don't despair, I'm sure you'll be approved this week. Our dates are too close together not to have been in the same box. And lots of people around my NOA1 date have either been approved or got RFE. So for you, my friend, it's any day now... :yes: Cheer up :thumbs:

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

fingers crossed . i hope you will get NOA2 soon . hang in there and keep praying for it .

Thanks HG. I know will get it but just not as soon as we'd like :blush: . We really need to get approved by the middle of next week or the April 5th wedding is off. And the nearest date we can do after is mid May. Frustration all around. The VSC is just taking forever to issue approvals for all of us. So b***dy annoying :angry:

With any luck, we'll all be approved within next couple of weeks.

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Timeline

Thanks HG. I know will get it but just not as soon as we'd like :blush: . We really need to get approved by the middle of next week or the April 5th wedding is off. And the nearest date we can do after is mid May. Frustration all around. The VSC is just taking forever to issue approvals for all of us. So b***dy annoying :angry:

With any luck, we'll all be approved within next couple of weeks.

Oh, wow! Why did you, guys, plan a wedding so close? Let me guess: did not think the election is going to put us 2 months behind schedule, did you? We did the same:( But we didn't plan anything, just considered he'd be here by Valentine's day. And look where we are now...Come on, NOA2!!!

So, what did you, guys, do with 325A?

Mail usually takes 2-3 days within US. But US likes to have a lots of holidays!

Aaaaaaaw, i'm sorry to hear it, fingers crossed its something very straight forward and you can get it back to them asap!! I'm sure you'll have your NOA2 before the end of the month, maybe just a couple of weeks?? :)

Kirsten, our NOA1 are the same. Just noticed:)

I hear you. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hang in there and dont pay attention to the estimate! We were estimated to receive our noa2 March 4th and we are a whole month ahead. At least you know that they are dealing with your case now and once you send them the info back you should be approved straight away. Im sure you will be able to get married in April!

Hang in there and dont pay attention to the estimate! We were estimated to receive our noa2 March 4th and we are a whole month ahead. At least you know that they are dealing with your case now and once you send them the info back you should be approved straight away. Im sure you will be able to get married in April!

What worries me is when I look at the Igor's list and see all those people who returned their RFE's months ago and are still not approved. And there is always a chance of getting stuck in AP @ NVC (average 6-7 weeks wait!). Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Nothing in the post yet...

As for the April wedding there are only 2 date we can do 5th and 7th (due to religious reasons) and that’s only 9 weeks away! Come on, we are talking about USCIS, NVC Embassy, medical…. Seems too much paperwork to make it in time :(. The first date after that that we could do (again religious reasons) is 12 May!!! We are still aiming for April date but only time will tell if we make it.

And just when do I resign? :whistle:

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Oh, wow! Why did you, guys, plan a wedding so close? Let me guess: did not think the election is going to put us 2 months behind schedule, did you? We did the same:( But we didn't plan anything, just considered he'd be here by Valentine's day. And look where we are now...Come on, NOA2!!!

So, what did you, guys, do with 325A?

Mail usually takes 2-3 days within US. But US likes to have a lots of holidays!

Well, UK approvals used be a lot quicker than what Kirsten and I and no doubt few more unfortunate ones are experiencing right now. 7 months seemed like a decent time span for the approval. :blush:

As we still haven't received the paper copy of the RFE, we can only guess what they want from us. We've narrowed it down to two things:

1. He signed my form - we got confused between an applicant and a petitioner :wacko:

2. Neither of us noticed the highlighted box the bottom where you had to write your name in. Usually, the highlighted boxes are for the official use only and we obviously didn't read the forms properly... Our fault completely... So we were not all that surprised to have received the RFE. It would be interesting though if they want something completely different :hehe:

Really hope both you and Kirsten get your NOA2 this week! Of course for everybody else waiting too, but we need to be reasonable here and accept that not everybody can get approved the same week B) unfortunately...

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

How weird! The website shows we've been touched today! I wonder why? Still waiting for the paper copy of the RFE... Anybody has any idea? :blink::wacko:

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Timeline
How weird! The website shows we've been touched today! I wonder why? Still waiting for the paper copy of the RFE... Anybody has any idea? :blink::wacko:

Thanks for the best wishes. Hope you are right. Maybe they are sending out the paperwork today, that's why you were touched again?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.