Gooden

SO received blue slip at interview today

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My S.O. went to his interview at the Kingston Embassy today. He said that he was asked some questions regarding our relationship, such as where we met and when we met? How often do we talk to each other? has he met any of my family? He said that in the end they requested that I come to the Embassy to be interviewed also, and to come with:

more photo's of the two of us together (only had 4 together)

bank statements and tax returns (which I provided him with bank statements, three years worth of tax returns, w2's, check stubs, a letter from my employer and a letter from me explaining that I started a new job in November 2007 and now earn more income than years past. So maybe he wasn't sure what to show them, he wasn't clear on this. )

They also wanted some more phone records. (Last ones I gave him were from a month ago.)

He said that he would fax me his blue slip so I can understand what they want me to bring. I'm to let the Embassy know when I can come to Jamaica via e-mail and they will schedule us for a 2nd interview during that time. So, I'm trying to see when I can get the time off since I just left Jamaica on 8/23/08 and come up with more money to travel again. So, no approval, but hopefully soon. :blush:

Filed: Timeline
My S.O. went to his interview at the Kingston Embassy today. He said that he was asked some questions regarding our relationship, such as where we met and when we met? How often do we talk to each other? has he met any of my family? He said that in the end they requested that I come to the Embassy to be interviewed also, and to come with:

bank statements and tax returns (which I provided him with bank statements, three years worth of tax returns, w2's, check stubs, a letter from my employer and a letter from me explaining that I started a new job in November 2007 and now earn more income than years past. So maybe he wasn't sure what to show them, he wasn't clear on this. )

They also wanted some more phone records. (Last ones I gave him were from a month ago.)

He said that he would fax me his blue slip so I can understand what they want me to bring. I'm to let the Embassy know when I can come to Jamaica via e-mail and they will schedule us for a 2nd interview during that time. So, I'm trying to see when I can get the time off since I just left Jamaica on 8/23/08 and come up with more money to travel again. So, no approval, but hopefully soon. :blush:

Good Morning;

Sorry about the blue slip. Did they request that he come back with you for a 2nd interview or do they want additional documentation?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Ugh. This is frustrating.

However, now that you've got an idea of what they want you can get it together, put it all in order, and find a way to go back to present it all.

Wishing you the best-

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning;

Sorry about the blue slip. Did they request that he come back with you for a 2nd interview or do they want additional documentation?

Good question. I just assumed they wanted us to come back together. I'll find out today when he calls and I get a copy of the actual slip.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It sounds to me like maybe he got confused with the paperwork and they need some clarification.

The financials concern me most. Did you meet above the poverty level required on the last couple year's of tax returns?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear this also...it does seem like a growing trend for petitioners to come to the interview...i wonder if its just for K-1 visas or all visas in general.... :unsure:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Sorry to hear this also...it does seem like a growing trend for petitioners to come to the interview...i wonder if its just for K-1 visas or all visas in general.... :unsure:

I was advised from folks who've already gone through the Consulate my husband and I will be working with that I need to be there with him for the interview. There is no official paperwork that says that and in fact online it says that I won't be able to attend the interview, but from other's experiences it seems like things have gotten stalled at this particular Consulate when the US citizen isn't there also for the interview.

But as others have posted, each Consulate is different.

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

I was advised from folks who've already gone through the Consulate my husband and I will be working with that I need to be there with him for the interview. There is no official paperwork that says that and in fact online it says that I won't be able to attend the interview, but from other's experiences it seems like things have gotten stalled at this particular Consulate when the US citizen isn't there also for the interview.

But as others have posted, each Consulate is different.

I think its hard enough to prove bona fide realtionship thru just pictures, phone records, insurance beneficiaries...etc. So of course its a better idea for the petitioner to show up at the interview as the most comprehensive sign of bona fide relationship. Of course this is not the end all be all of proof and the CO can still do what they want.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Sorry about the draw back...but u'll be fine. VJers can we now say fiance's need to go to the interviews??? haven't seen this happen to a CR1/IR1 filer yet

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

To be so close and yet so far! I feel your pain but you will make it through this ordeal. There is NO stated requirement for the fiancee or the spouse to be present during the visa interview and many people are approved without the spouse or fiancee being present. I recommend to everyone out there, if you have the means to be present to support your loved one during one of the most important and stressful periods of his or her life, BE THERE together to give each other support.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry about the draw back...but u'll be fine. VJers can we now say fiance's need to go to the interviews??? haven't seen this happen to a CR1/IR1 filer yet

I'm not ready to state that with any conviction yet cause every case is different and unless I see ALL the details of the denial, I am not prepared to state that. I think the time is coming though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.