worrying

Is there anyone who has started filing for I-130 for a year and still waiting?

12 posts in this topic

I am sure there are people who filed in Vermont and still pending after one year.

:time:

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

:crying::angry::crying::angry:

Sorry but I have a hard time understanding this one. If your case is stuck in a Service Center, have you tried to call them. I am sure by now your case should be outside of normal processing time.

Is the beneficiary currently in the US?

What if you give us more details about your case?

Thank you

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well here is my case. My wife is Canadian and I married her last year July 15, 2007. We mailed in our I-130 on July 20th, 2007. We got a letter from the USCIS indicating that they have recieved our I-130 in Mid-August 2007. I am a US citizen but attended medical school in the Caribbean, so my wife and I left for the Caribbean for school. We thought that by the time we came back the paperwork should be well on its way. We came back to California in Dec 2007. Since my wife is a Canadian and we filed the I-130, she had to return to Canada to wait for her interview. Since I am prepping for my board exam and I don't want to be far from my wife, I have decided to stay in Canada with my wife. We figure we would wait for the interview together and when the interview and the immigration paperwork was done, we would move back to California together. This way we don't have to be separated.

We came back to Canada after Christmas Dec 29, 2007 and we did not hear anything from the USCIS until Mid April 2008, we got a letter indicating that we were now transferred to the NVC. In June 2008 we were asked to submit the I-864 and DS 230. Since I am a student with no income, I had to have my sister be my co-sponsor. They recieved the documents at the beginning of July 2008 and sent us another a letter in mid-July 2008 requesting that my wife provide them with her Birth Certificate/Canadian Citizenship, her criminal record, her pictures and our marriage certificate. We sent the documents in a week later and have not heard from them since.

I don't know if I am doing anything wrong? My wife and I are so surprised at how long this is taking and we just want it to be done and over with so that we can start settling down and live our married lives. We have family hustling us and blaming us for being stupid and not going through a lawyer. Then I go on here and people who filed their paperwork long after we did have received their interview? Perhaps we should have gone to a lawyer?

Sorry for the whining, both my wife and I are literally so depressed!! We just wish there was something that we could do. Everytime we see someone approved we are so happy for them but then we feel so bad because we haven't made it anywhere yet, especially when people who are approved sent in their I-130 much later than us and live much further away then we do. You would think that since my wife was Canadian, it would be quicker, but I guess not.

Thank you so much for listening. We really appreciate it!

hey Doc. you are not whining at all you are just frustrated like all of us (the reason we come here to this website)

You usually don't need a lawyer unless you are really busy. This process needs some free times to work on. You have submitted all documents as far as I see but probably you need to call NVC and ask them what is going on. USually when you get RFE for lack of evidence, that delays your case a bit but not more than three weeks. So you should be there.

Have your tried call NVC and have your case number and talk to a live person?

I don't know if you have already done this but call NVC number which is (603) 334-0700 anytime it (automated system works 24/7) and find out about your case number.

If you have already known this, then call tomorrow between 8-5 EST and talk to a live person.

Haven't you try to follow any of the guides which are around here? They are helpful.

I guess we got a little details about your case, mean while please elaborate little more see if we can help you so you don't get frustrated.

Be in Peace

Good Luck

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your situations. It could be worse though... My husband and I filed in September of 2006 and did not get an interview until January 2008. Since he wasn't approved we're now waiting for a new interview.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that! I'd like to wish you and your husband the best of luck.

I'm sorry to hear about your situations. It could be worse though... My husband and I filed in September of 2006 and did not get an interview until January 2008. Since he wasn't approved we're now waiting for a new interview.

hey Doc. you are not whining at all you are just frustrated like all of us (the reason we come here to this website)

You usually don't need a lawyer unless you are really busy. This process needs some free times to work on. You have submitted all documents as far as I see but probably you need to call NVC and ask them what is going on. USually when you get RFE for lack of evidence, that delays your case a bit but not more than three weeks. So you should be there.

Have your tried call NVC and have your case number and talk to a live person?

I don't know if you have already done this but call NVC number which is (603) 334-0700 anytime it (automated system works 24/7) and find out about your case number.

If you have already known this, then call tomorrow between 8-5 EST and talk to a live person.

Haven't you try to follow any of the guides which are around here? They are helpful.

I guess we got a little details about your case, mean while please elaborate little more see if we can help you so you don't get frustrated.

Be in Peace

Good Luck

Thank you so much for your time and help. It makes me feel a lot more relieved just hearing you say that we are on the right track. I will definitely contact NVC directly and I will fill you in on the details of our case after going through my papers.

Once again, thank you!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there

please update ur time line it would be really help ful for ppl like me who are waiting for their case completion.... if u going for an interview to montreal consulate please tell ur time lines at the following link ... I will really appreciate that

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...4768&st=405

Sept 15 2007 I-130 sent

Jan 4th 2008 NOA1 received

Feb 24 2008 File entered into system

May 06 2008 1st Touch

May 07 2008 2nd Touch

June 17 2008 Approval notice sent (update in email)

June 18 2008 Touch

June 25 2008 NVC Assigned case number

June 30 2008 I 864/ds 3032 generated

July 07 2008 I 864 bill paid/ emailed ds3032

july 11 2008 AOS package mailed

july 25 2008 IV bill paid online

aug 06 2008 ds230 package sent

aug 08 2008 nvc received ds230 package

aug 15 2008 RFE letter sent by NVC

sep 04 2008 RFE cheklist entered into system

sep 11 2008 CASE COMPLETED :)

Nov 06 2008 INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.