Mocana87

Co-sponser what to write on the G-325a?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I figured that I would have to show that I can support my fiance at first but when I started to read the guides and tips on vj I didnt catch anything to tell me that I wouldnt be able to petition for my fiance because I am a full time student. Now that I asked a question in a forum and found out that it will be a problem I am really worried. I found somethings in the guides explaining that you dont need to send out the affidavit of support with the I-129F and G-325A but I will need to later. When I do I will probably use my father as the co-sponser. But since I am preparing now the I-129F and G-325A what should I put for my employment history? Should I put something there to explain that I have a co-sponser? I am just worried that we will get rejected from the begining when they see that I am not employed and that I am a full time student. Please anyone any suggestions?

I dont even know if my embassy allows for a co-sponser... My fiance lives in Romania so it would be the embassy in Bucharest. Please anyone with experience please help?

DSC04444.jpgIMG_7162.jpgIMG_7316.jpg

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-09-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-21

NVC Received : 2009-01-26

NVC Left : 2009-01-26

Consulate Received : 2009-02-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-09

Packet 3 Sent back: 2009-02-11

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2009-03-09

Visa Received : 2009-03-09

Future:

US Entry : 2009-03-23

Marriage : 2009-06-13

You don't need to mention it at this point.

Some people have been unemployed and were approved, others (my fiancee included) works freelance.

They're only concerned with finances at the consulate stage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

No don't list a co-sponsor on your G325A. Do you have any type or fellowship, scholarship, work study or student loans? Have you had any internships or part-time work, if so list them.

Look into whether or not your embassy will allow a co-sponsor. When you are filling your sponsorship forms be thorough. Include your financial aid award statements, and scholarship letters, and earned income. Be sure to make your case as best you can.

Good luck!

No don't list a co-sponsor on your G325A. Do you have any type or fellowship, scholarship, work study or student loans? Have you had any internships or part-time work, if so list them.

Look into whether or not your embassy will allow a co-sponsor. When you are filling your sponsorship forms be thorough. Include your financial aid award statements, and scholarship letters, and earned income. Be sure to make your case as best you can.

Good luck!

Just to clarify, he doesn't need these (other than the employment) on the G325A either. Nothing financial is needed.

Edited by Gemmie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline
I figured that I would have to show that I can support my fiance at first but when I started to read the guides and tips on vj I didnt catch anything to tell me that I wouldnt be able to petition for my fiance because I am a full time student. Now that I asked a question in a forum and found out that it will be a problem I am really worried. I found somethings in the guides explaining that you dont need to send out the affidavit of support with the I-129F and G-325A but I will need to later. When I do I will probably use my father as the co-sponser. But since I am preparing now the I-129F and G-325A what should I put for my employment history? Should I put something there to explain that I have a co-sponser? I am just worried that we will get rejected from the begining when they see that I am not employed and that I am a full time student. Please anyone any suggestions?

I dont even know if my embassy allows for a co-sponser... My fiance lives in Romania so it would be the embassy in Bucharest. Please anyone with experience please help?

No matter what U.S. Embassy is involved, the Department of State's regulations apply. Co-sponsors are allowed all over the world under DOS regulations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.