HednJimmy

Affadavit of Support Evidence

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all!

I am putting together my Packet 3, or I should say *trying* to put it together, arrgh. I am making copy after copy and my toner dies on me. And it's 1am, so I can't buy more until tomorrow! Ack!

I am stuck on the Affadvit......

According to the Sydney Embassy's guidelines, I make more than enough to qualify to sponsor my fiance solo.

Looking at the I-134, it shows that you need "any or all of the following forms"

-A letter form your employer stating your business, etc.

-A letter from your bank stating your assets, etc.

-A copy of your last income tax (If self-employed)

Looking at the :guides: lol, it says you will likely need two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer, banking information, etc.

I am having an issue with my paystubs for two reasons: One, we got taken over by a new company in June, so it states I have only made $3,000 so far this year; and the two weeks before my approval I was on vacation in Australia, so my two most recent paychecks are significantly lower then what they would normally be since I took no vacation pay.

Sorry for the very detailed explanation, but I want to be clear on why I am posting *yet another* affadavit question!

Okay, my three questions!

*Am I able to send:

A)Employer letter

B)2007 tax return

C)2007 W-2's

and be okay? The info on all three items shows I make almost 5X what is the minimum guideline...what did you send for approvals?

*Does JUST the I-134 need to be notarized, or all supporting evidence as well?

*For anyone who went through the Sydney or Hong Kong Embassy, does anyone know what exactly the "sponsor's financial responsibility under the social security act." form is? I went to the Sydney embassy website, and the only ones I could find were for the I-130 petition...

Again, thanks for any help you can provide :thumbs:

Heather

.png

04/17/2008 K-1 Filed

04/21/2008 NOA1 Receipt

08/27/2008 NOA2!!! (131 days)

10/07/2008 Interview

12/07/2008 Wedding-Finally!

AoS filed 6/22/2009

AoS Approved 10/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all!

I am putting together my Packet 3, or I should say *trying* to put it together, arrgh. I am making copy after copy and my toner dies on me. And it's 1am, so I can't buy more until tomorrow! Ack!

According to the Sydney Embassy's guidelines, I make more than enough to qualify to sponsor my fiance solo.

Looking at the I-134, it shows that you need "any or all of the following forms"

Looking at the :guides: lol, it says you will likely need two to three of your most recent pay stubs and a signed letter from your employer, banking information, etc.

I am having an issue with my paystubs for two reasons: One, we got taken over by a new company in June, so it states I have only made $3,000 so far this year; and the two weeks before my approval I was on vacation in Australia, so my two most recent paychecks are significantly lower then what they would normally be since I took no vacation pay.

Sorry for the very detailed explanation, but I want to be clear on why I am posting *yet another* affadavit question!

*Am I able to send:

A)Employer letter

B)2007 tax return

C)2007 W-2's

and be okay? The info on all three items shows I make almost 5X what is the minimum guideline...what did you send for approvals?

*For anyone who went through the Sydney or Hong Kong Embassy, does anyone know what exactly the "sponsor's financial responsibility under the social security act." form is? I went to the Sydney embassy website, and the only ones I could find were for the I-130 petition...

Heather

Well, I just had our succcessful interview and I gave WAY more than needed. But not that much, actually. On the affadavit itself I listed ONLY my income from my employment which is way over the top, and NOTHING else. I put "n/a" in ALL the other entries. I attached my 2007 tax return only (photocopy) my 2007 W-2, letter from my employer and a statement from my bank which I wrote and gave to the bank to sign. After checking my figures, the bank President signed the letter. I also attached ALL the check stubs for the last 3 months. When I got to the interview, they looked at the I-134 affadavit, they looked at the letter from my employer (enough to read them) and "flipped through" rest. There is NO WAY they read my 1040 or anything else. They detached ALL the supporting documents, gave them back to me and kept only the affadavit. That was the consulate in Kiev which I am told is relatively easy but I haven't heard any horror stories about Sydney either. :)

I would say attach a copy of your 2007 return, your 2007 W-2, your employment letter and go back 3 months on check stubs. You should be fine. I called the Kiev consulate the week before and discussed this with them. They told me that they (Kiev) go FIRST by current gross income which is verified. If that is enough, you are done. Based on the process at the interview this is absolutely correct.

My question to the advisor was, specifically, "So, if I made $5,000 per year all my life and one day before the interview I get a job paying $28,000 per year, and I have a letter to prove it, you will accept that?" She said "Yes. At least in theory, but that extreme example may raise some questions"

I think you have nothing to worry about.

Gary

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi all!

*Am I able to send:

A)Employer letter

B)2007 tax return

C)2007 W-2's

Heather

Well, I just had our succcessful interview and I gave WAY more than needed. But not that much, actually. On the affadavit itself I listed ONLY my income from my employment which is way over the top, and NOTHING else. I put "n/a" in ALL the other entries. I attached my 2007 tax return only (photocopy) my 2007 W-2, letter from my employer and a statement from my bank which I wrote and gave to the bank to sign. After checking my figures, the bank President signed the letter. I also attached ALL the check stubs for the last 3 months. When I got to the interview, they looked at the I-134 affadavit, they looked at the letter from my employer (enough to read them) and "flipped through" rest. There is NO WAY they read my 1040 or anything else. They detached ALL the supporting documents, gave them back to me and kept only the affadavit. That was the consulate in Kiev which I am told is relatively easy but I haven't heard any horror stories about Sydney either. :)

I would say attach a copy of your 2007 return, your 2007 W-2, your employment letter and go back 3 months on check stubs. You should be fine. I called the Kiev consulate the week before and discussed this with them. They told me that they (Kiev) go FIRST by current gross income which is verified. If that is enough, you are done. Based on the process at the interview this is absolutely correct.

My question to the advisor was, specifically, "So, if I made $5,000 per year all my life and one day before the interview I get a job paying $28,000 per year, and I have a letter to prove it, you will accept that?" She said "Yes. At least in theory, but that extreme example may raise some questions"

I think you have nothing to worry about.

Gary

Forgot to mention...ONLY the affadavit has to be notarized, the supporting documents need to be original signature, but not notarized. I DID have my tax return notarized (overkill) but it was best to have it and not need it, I thought.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Hi all!

*Am I able to send:

A)Employer letter

B)2007 tax return

C)2007 W-2's

Heather

Hun,

Sorry for the late reply.

From what I heard from another girls who went for interview in HK embassy before. They never filled out any "sponsor's financial responsibility under the social security act". And from my package 3 of 4, I never seen these word on my checklist so I'm not sure if this is an out-dated info or maybe they have just changed their procedure.

For your questions,

1) Yes my fiance have prepared employment letter.

2) Yes we only got tax return from 2007 (print out one more year if you can) but I heard from everyone that they only need the latest one.

3) Yes I think it should be ok for one year (even my fiance is still not able to find it yet...)

and yes only I-134 need to be notarized.

One more thing they will give you the checklist with your package 3, just follow their list and put them all in order you should be ok.

Hope it helps & Keep me updated!!

Btw I made my office toner died last week already... hahaha. Oh well I deserve to have this staff benefit!!! :lol:

Glo

Edited by GloAndCole

Jan 15th 2011: Time for Round 3~

2011-01-31:Taking my sweet time to send out my ROC package via USPS express..I'm sloooow

2011-02-02 :Delivered and signed by M Casey (Day 1)

2011-02-04 :Cash checked (Day 3)

2011-02-11 :Received NOA 1 dated 2/2 (Day 10)

2011-03-01 :Biometrics(Day 28)

2011-03-30 :ROC approved (Day 57)

2011-04-04 :Card Received (Day 62)

eNortjKzUjI0MjY0N1SyBlwwFV8CzA,,52.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.