6th Nephilim

The 90 Day Visit

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Here is a link to my previous thread.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to share their insight and had their words lost.

Our next question is a bit more embarassing. We are wondering what is the best way to have US currency in her pocket at the POE, as she will want to make phone calls, get something to eat, gift shop, etc? Also, more specifically, what is the best way for her make phone calls to me and her parents? Cash? Internaitonal calling card? Call collect?

הנפלים היו בארץ בימים ההם וגם

אחרי־כן אשר יבאו בני האלהים אל־

בנות האדם וילדו להם המה הגברים

אשר מעולם אנשי השם׃

i reviewed your old thread and i saw that noone answered one of your questions:

So the POE, for this visit, is NOT the place to make our relationship or intentions for the future known to the Man?

she needs to answer all questions honestly, but not volunteer any information that was not asked for. example, if they ask: are you here for business or pleasure? she can answer: pleasure ... not: i'm visiting my boyfriend and his family.

see the difference?? it's up to the officer to decide if she has immigration intent when she lands in the US.

as for carrying money ... how do you carry money? she can carry it in her purse, wallet, her front pocket, in a satchel around her neck .... however she is most comfortable.

i would not advise using cash for the pay phone as it is very expensive. since you have time, i would send her either a phone card (if she is familiar with using them and understands english enough to follow the prompts) or have her call collect.

best of luck to you both! :thumbs:

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Timeline

Thank you for the advice and well wishes!

What I meant about the money though is, what is the best way to get her US currency to use at the POE? ;)

אשר מעולם אנשי השם׃

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can buy US currency at the airport before you leave your own country. The exchange rate is something horrendous, but it's a way to have cab-fair etc with you when you get there. You should also be able to change at least ONE traveller's check at your hotel when you check in if you're staying overnight en route - they usually have a cash limit of a hundred dollars or so, but again it gives you something to go on.

When I came over I brought a small amount of US money left over from my last trip here, and about five hundred dollars worth of travellers checks.

You can buy calling cards that will work in the payphone at the airport...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you for the advice and well wishes!

What I meant about the money though is, what is the best way to get her US currency to use at the POE? ;)

Sorry that my lengthy reply was deleted in the server move/crash.

About money, an ATM in the airport is usually the cheapest way to access local currency.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline
About money, an ATM in the airport is usually the cheapest way to access local currency.

Do you mind explaining this a bit more to me? She can use her ATM/check card in an ATM at the POE?

אשר מעולם אנשי השם׃

Have her check the back of her bank card for any 'symbols' (like STAR or Cirrus). If the ATM in the airport (or anywhere) has the same symbol on it, she can use it to get cash.

Also, I use noblecom.com to buy phone cards. They email you the access number and PIN number so you can write that down anywhere instead of having to carry the physical card. Good rates in the US too. I buy Chas one every time he is coming over, just in case he is stuck at an airport.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you mind explaining this a bit more to me? She can use her ATM/check card in an ATM at the POE?

Sure, just like Tracy says, have her look at the back of her ATM card for the various logos representing which 'brand' of ATM system it will work with. Google for the networks and list of ATMs if you are unfamiliar with it.

When I use my ATM card overseas, I look for a machine with the same logo, use my regular PIN and withdraw local currency cash from my (linked) account. As you said before that she is coming from Germany, I would imagine it will all work perfectly. She can contact her German bank for details about fees etc before she leaves (have her make sure that she does not need a new PIN before she goes). Note that fees are often quite high ($5+ per withdrawal) so plan ahead an make the most of the withdrawals. In Greece, for example, I could get by for a month on one withdrawal--I hate bank fees just for the principle of the thing!

At the airport, she will ususally find an ATM right outside of Customs, when she enters the main arrivals hall. If you won't be there to meet her, have her hit the ATM before picking up her bags.

Credit cards are good too; I use mine for every purchase to earn my frequent flyer miles & don't even feel bad when it's a $2.50 Starbux purchase. :devil:

However! Cash advance from a credit card is a sucker's deal--the fees are outrageous--and should be avoided except for a real emergency.

If you are a Costco member, they have a screaming deal calling card for prepaid minutes that you can reload and use in virtually any country (so she won't lose her minutes when she goes home).

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!